It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA raids drug runners... finds ATF guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Gee what a surprise, another batch of ATF assaults rifles given by the ATF to drug cartels.

DEA Agents Refuse To Turn Over ATF Guns

PHOENIX -- In an Arizona drug bust last month the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration confiscated more than drugs. Federal agents accidentally came upon two giant garbage cans filled with assault rifle.

The kicker: Some of those guns possessed by drug runners once belonged to the DEA's sister agency, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

The federal drug agents discovered the AK-47-type assault rifles wrapped in cellophane and hidden inside two giant trash barrels. Agents believe the confiscated weapons were heading to drug cartels in Mexico. Problem is, a serial number on at least one of the weapons traces back to the ATF.

It was known as the "Fast and Furious" program -- a controversial gunrunning sting where the ATF allowed its own assault weapons to be sold on the streets. The hope was to track the guns as they passed through the hands of straw buyers and middle-men. The idea was to gain intelligence and take down a big-time Mexican cartel.

And the info I get is that they seized 50-60 AK-47s that trace back to the ATF.

I hope the ATF scumbag in chief and those in the Obama administration (probably Obama himself) who approved this ``let's give guns to drug cartels`` operation end up in jail for supporting terrorism. SEND THEM ALL TO GUANTANAMO.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
another find of guns ???
or is this the same one
from a few months ago ???

If this is a new one then
there are some serious butt
to chew on.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Besides those Ak's, I wanna know what wal-mart near me sells those Rpg's and frag nades.

P.S. Anyone see that propaganda crime show, where this criminal buys a handgun at a grocery store. With no Background check? Csi or some show.

Deebo
edit on 20-5-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
another find of guns ???
or is this the same one
from a few months ago ???

If this is a new one then
there are some serious butt
to chew on.

It's a new one. I'll remind you that the ATF has given THOUSANDS of assault rifles to drug cartels in the last few months.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
so where does the atf get ak-47s considering there is none manufactured here in the us?

some m4s and m16s and some hk g36s i would have beleived.

but aks ?

i am having a hard time on this one

and i have been thinking about project gunwalker my thoughts the cia set up the atf as a martyr so that the drug cartels could make more money.

all it really takes is one or two well placed inviduals.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The "War on Drugs" is the most corrupt operation ever created.

From the day to day procedures to the overall immoral and illogical actions.

It creates violence, empowers the violent, and is fueled by greed and ignorance.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I'm personally sick of this crap. You want it to change, I want it to change, everyone does. I've decided what I'm going to do from now on is really pressure my congressman. It's about the only thing I can do. I called him for the first time last week because I read the story about Chinese military generals getting a 19 gun salute from Mullen and touring all of our sensitive military installations.

The problem with that phone call is that I didn't record it. I'm going to call weekly from now on and record it all. Whenever congress isn't in session I will track this guy down here and find out when he is here and get him on video answering these questions.

Why isn't the Justice Department going after the BATF and handing down indictments for material support of terrorism? Why isn't the Attorney General handing down indictments? Why isn't my Congress initiating investigations?

I suggest that everyone take the 5 minutes to call their congressman. I wouldn't bother to write an email because it ends up in the spam (err... constituents) folder. At least with a phone call someone has to answer it and talk to you. When the Honorable Rep. Pantysnatcher comes back from his coc aine break his 36DD secretary will complain that a bunch of stupid serfs are rebelling at home. Here is a link to a quick phone number lookup. Put it on speed dial in the #1 slot and call the bastard every day at 9:00 AM.

www.congressmerge.com...

DO IT. When this ship sinks to the bottom and the United States is gone forever at least you tried.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am adding this to my collection. You might want to take a gander at my thread Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack since this fits in so nicely

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by livefreeordieinnh
I'm personally sick of this crap. You want it to change, I want it to change, everyone does. I've decided what I'm going to do from now on is really pressure my congressman.

The key is to show the general public how corrupt and illogical it is.

It creates violence and empowers violent people.
It imprisons innocent people and creates a battle between police and the public.
It is fueled by greed because people make money off it.

It is an undeniable fact that the "War on Drugs" does not solve ANY problems associated with drugs and only amplifies them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
so where does the atf get ak-47s considering there is none manufactured here in the us?

some m4s and m16s and some hk g36s i would have beleived.

but aks ?

They were most likely (guessing here) rifles that were confiscated from others by the ATF. Considering that the AK and its variants are the most prolific assault rifles in the world, it's not too much of a stretch.

I think the reason they chose AK's for this is because it would be more believable than Gov. Issue weapons like the M4 variants, and thus would be less suspect by the potential buyers.

However, the entire idea of a government agency releasing functional assault rifles into dangerous hands, no matter how noble their intentions, is completely absurd. It's obviously time we re-evaluated exactly how we are going about tracking and dissolving these drug cartels.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ak-47 clones are made all over the world. Some are even made here in the USA. There are at least twenty companies that make the whole gun, or import surplus parts and build "new" ones using some American parts.

A list of some of the manufacturers with ratings and prices. US AKs

Don't expect the police to say AK Clone. They usually just say AK because really there is little functional difference.
edit on 20-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join