It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, put some pants on that statue!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I thought this one was pretty interesting; A family in a middle class neighborhood placed a full sized statue of David on their front lawn and now the neighbors are complaining.

The cops say its not illegal and the neighbors say they haven't approached the homeowners yet (I'd love to hear that conversation
). I think its funny that they called in the reporters before even thinking to talk to the homeowners.

Its something that I would never even think of doing; it seems way to ostentatious for such a small home and I don't think I would feel comfortable with having a naked statue in front of my house.

Related threads:
Conspiracy of Coverup: Naked Statues

Art Teacher Loses Job After Kids See Nude Sculpture

It seems people can get pretty riled up about this kind of stuff. I'm surprised nobody has decided to sneak on the lawn late at night and just use a hammer to whack off the offending member.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

In Lollipop lane, anything seems possible. Wish my house was as good looking as those in that neighborhood
. I wonder if they would of said the same thing if a Donkey was there instead of the statue but in fuller view.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Those old biddys probably want to borrow it for themselves....lol...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm probably not in the majority here but it's getting pretty sad that we are so ashamed of the human body that it has become such a dirty thing to protect our children from and be embarrassed of, yet we can send them up to their rooms to shoot and kill things all day long. While I personally wouldn't have put that statue in my yard, I seriously wouldn't care if one of my neighbors did. I really think if someone has a problem with it, it's their problem.

Maybe I'm just weird.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As far as children, a little boy would know what's dangling out front, but a little girl would question it.
In order to keep the peace, perhaps the owners of the statue could place it the backyard instead.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I am starting to worry about your strange obsession with statues.

is there anything you would like to talk about? Why don't you lie down on the couch.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
As far as children, a little boy would know what's dangling out front, but a little girl would question it.
In order to keep the peace, perhaps the owners of the statue could place it the backyard instead.

Thats a great alternative Night Star...or put a leaf on it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I hadn't even thought of that angle.

Maybe we should do some more research into this one to determine which direction David was pointing, and where the nearest lodge is...

Or does that only work when the statue is standing on top of a building?

edit on 5/20/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I don't think you're weird at all. I agree with you completely. People are freaked out if their kid sees a naked body, but will ship them off to the video store to load up on violence and gore. As long as it isn't sex!

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard! I really hate how prudish a lot of people are... And how easily offended!

I don't think the homeowners should move the statue or cover it or anything. If people are offended, they can look the other way.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is so ridiculous. What's wrong with people these days? Complaining about things like this?

I have the same type of thing where I live, not the statue, but idiot neighbors.

I painted my house brown like 6 years ago, I overheard the neighbors in their back yard with the neighbors across the street. "God I can't believe they painted their house brown, it's such an awful color" "Yeah I don't know what they were thinking"

Damn jerks were complaining about the color I painted my house! And guess what? Within the next few years there were FIVE more houses that the owners painted brown, INCLUDING ONE OF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING! Can you believe that? Not a single house on my street was brown, I paint mine brown, and the neighbors complain. Then they all start painting their houses brown! IDIOTS!

They also called the city because the tree in my front yard was too close to the ground. I'm about 6 foot tall and the tree doesn't come anywhere near hitting my head. In addition, at least 3 houses on my street have trees who's branches literally hang about 5 feet from the sidewalk.

They also called the city on my car that was sitting out front for LESS THAN A WEEK without moving, it got a tow warning on it. I just went around the block and turned it around.

They also called the city because of trash on my front porch. It wasn't trash, it was a couch, stuff to be recycled, and a few junk TVs that I had to take over to the goodwill.

What is wrong with people I ask again? I've never once done anything to any of my neighbors, yet they are out to get me. It's just stupid, I can't think of any other way to put it. I would guess the people complaining about the statue are the same type of people, they are just picking on that particular homeowner for some reason, and will use anything to harass them.

The person that called the police should get in trouble for wasting the police's time.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I often wondered why Gnomes with wheel barrows have a broader smile.

Ha ha.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
No way thats full size! lol

People need to relax. Think theyd complain if they took their kids to a gallery?

Half of us can look down and see that anyway.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
10 years ago when I was in primary school there was a statue of a man who was completely naked placed about 5 ft on a wall. Kinda weird.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They should have made it animatronic so it could water their shrubs.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Mom, what is that? Uh. What can you tell a child if you haven't talked to them about sex yet?

How about: It's a penis. Boys and men have them and girls and women have vaginas. When they get married, they come together and make a baby through a process called 'making love'.

If this leads to more questions, good. All the more incentive to indoctrinate your children with real sex education rather than allowing them first exposure through friends or other social media. If they want to learn, teach them. Sex is not dirty.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If people were truly afraid for their kids seeing exposure of the human body they wouldn't let them kids leave the house. I see far worse from young girls all around town. At least this is art from high culture that is sophisticated. At least it is not degenerating the human form like so many today are doing.

People have their priorities all messed up.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This world has so much taboo attached to the naked human body. Are we really that ashamed of ourselves that even a famous piece of art like David is seen as shameful? Humans these days put too much emphasis on someone being nude.

edit on 21-5-2011 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Reminds me of when Ashcroft had to have Lady Justice's breasts hidden...apparently one boob on stage at the lectern was more than enough for the cameras. Let the eagle soar...keep the breasts covered up.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

So even more freedoms are taken away huh???? If someone dosn't like whats in your yard you should move it to make them happy????

Nudity is long been something people should get over .... we were not born with cloths!!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I hate those community things (can someone help me find the proper word?) that make it so you can't have a certain color paintjob or can't fly a flag (though that was deemed illegal to ban flying flags) and the like. There is nothing more wrong with have a true copy of David on your front lawn than flying the American flag.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join