It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you doing to prepare for the economic collapse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
with all that ammo you can live forever.
It's enough to shoot the rest of the population, so it's just you and your people.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Shouldnt you have at least enoug canned/dry food to last as long as it takes to harvest your seed bank?

To me, it doesnt seem like nearly enough......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A possible flaw in your planning may be to assume that roads will be clear for travel. It may pay off to get a good on/off road motorcycle, a little 250 or 350 would probably do you fine. Take the time to become very capable using it. I don't know what your mileage range would be, this is a consideration.

If one tank full of petrol is not enough you could modify the bike with a secondary tank or a really good gas container holder. Or you could secret fuel at 1 or 2 places en route to your destination. Better to have and not need than vice versa. I would also modify the lighting to have 2 or 3 headlights as night riding with 1 lamp (as law in most states dictates) can be really nerve wracking/terrifying.

It sounds like you've done a lot of prep. Best of luck to you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

Good grief friend, I believe you are definitely getting prepared! You must have one hell of a cellar to hold all of that.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

OP, I didn't see in the post if you mentioned where you are storing these supplies. Are you in a house, on a ranch type area? Or just a plain old house with a basement? Did you have a garage built to hold supplies, or do you let them lay wherever they fit? I am currently in an apartment, our lease isnt up for a few more months but I am scouting for the perfect house to hold an eventual supply as yours...I'd like to know what to look for (this state doesn't believe in basements)

Also, where did you get your supply of silver? I have recently been introduced to estate auctions and other types of auctions. I have noticed that silver gets bought rather quickly, however, there seems to be a "shill" (person working for the bidder) in the audience sometimes that seems to bid up the silver rather high. I mean, it's high even for someone who has no idea how much it's going for. Did you scout pawn shops? garage sales, estate sales, auctions, etc? I'd appreciate any advice you could give on this, if you don't mind. U2U me if you'd rather.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Eh I dunno. I have stocked at least as much as the OP, and I keep it in my home. I have cool dry storage space for foods -- strong shelving and bins. Also long-term ammunition supply and daily/fun ammo are kept sorted and segregated.

All this really doesn't take up as much space as you'd imagine. You can fit a LOT of supplies into a fairly small area if you plan wisely

In our case, for non-property-damaging SHTF (long term) we are staying put. This is due to OUR location/environment and is really the best option for us. We have the ability to bug out, yes. But those supplies in that bag are specifically for a few days fairly comfortably or maybe a week really surviving. Again, this is due to location and gauging our own abilities and needs.

You plan for for you own environment and work within your own means and ability. Even if it's not so much, something is better than nothing at all

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What and how much I have is my buisness, however if your serious about it you should start with a weeks worth of food, then get to a month, 3 months, 6 months ect..
Get food and things you like and eat now...what I mean is if you don't like tuna, why would you get that for a SHTF?
You want to make sure that you have some at your BOL as well as your BOB and BOV...we never know when the S will HTF

Get what you can and what you feel you need...don't worry about the jones...your providing for you and yours...not them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join