It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 million year old Concretion with stitch marks on it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As a student of heritage, I must say I really twitch by the thought of you going amok with a sledgehammer on a potentially 90 million years old stone, with what could be evidence of intelligent interaction.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Here's another site with more photos of these things.

www.rocksforkids.com...

rest of link: /R&M/concretions.html

(...link might not work because of the ampersand in it...fixed to go to parent site...)

Who knows what the markings are. Just because the OP pulled us into this doesn't mean we have to take his question that seriously. If he's really that keen to find out what caused those marks he can try researching the subject himself.
edit on 21-5-2011 by l_e_cox because: fix up the link a bit

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
he can move it but not pick it up.

i can put a pebble under a 427 and make it move as much too.

like i said, x ray it. or mri.

untill then, it's just a weird thing.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
My first thought was that the answer lies with a paleontologist...someone else previously said botanist, that's good thinking too!

I don't know a thing about 'concretions' like this one. Guess I have some homework for the weekend!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
perhaps the stitch marks were left behind when the bag the object was in rotted away? possibly a leather bag, as cloth would just not be strong enough to hold that weight, as for 90 million year old, surely geology would have altered it by now?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

His 1 hand that is visible is on the side of the rock. And the camera is zoomed in so you can't even tell if he has just 1 hand on the rock. To me it clearly looks like hes using all his strength to budge it. Even though you can't see at 11 minutes in.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I'm a not a geologist but if this is believed to be the only one of its kind in the world and its 90 million year old i sure wouldn't be keeping it out in the yard and if he showed this Concretion to a geologist i would think he would be dieing to study it and take samples and open it with the proper tools not a sledge hammer

I don't think any geologists would be that interested in it and it'd be pretty hard to get the thing in a rock slabber. You'd have to have a VERY good case for something being inside there and for it to be genuine to generate any interest from a geologist. They are more interested in land formations than in individual rocks (unless it's a sample of something.)

Now, you probably could get a rock hound interested in it. These are hobbyists who hunt interesting rocks for profit (cut and cabuchon them or mount them in settings and sell the jewelry.)

A rock hound would tap the thing and try to determine if it's hollow. If it's hollow then it's worth slabbing because, you could get a very nice interior full of calcite crystals and it would be worth quite a bit as a specimen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

To everyone who posted a comment at, www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread706570/pg1. I’m not a scientist or anything of the like. This is not a HOAXS, my solo goal for this video is to reach out to someone who many know what it is or perhaps someone would like to run some tests themselves. I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want money, don’t want to be famous. I’m just seeking educated answers to help solve a mystery. The concretion/object is sitting in a bowel. After we poured the concrete pad for the concretion we used a basket ball to make an indication into the wet cement. It may look like I’m moving it with one hand put, but all it is really doing is rocking around in the bowel. The concretion/object is outside but underneath an over hang and after I put concrete sealer on it the little grains of sand stop falling off. The Concretion/Object is located in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, U.S.A., and it does have motion sensors and infrared cameras around it. For real! O, for those of you who wonder why I don’t have it inside, it’s to damn heavy! Come look for yourselves!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The geologist is/was a federal employee, from the Pagosa Springs, United States Forrest Service Department, and he is/was a geologist. He did spend a lengthy time at my house examining the concretion/object. I even offered him money for his time, which he refused saying it was against the law for him to take money because coming out to look at the concretion/object is part of his job. If you know anyone that would like to examine the concretion/object or to try to prove it’s a hoax, it let me know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I'm a not a geologist but if this is believed to be the only one of its kind in the world and its 90 million year old i sure wouldn't be keeping it out in the yard and if he showed this Concretion to a geologist i would think he would be dieing to study it and take samples and open it with the proper tools not a sledge hammer

I don't think any geologists would be that interested in it and it'd be pretty hard to get the thing in a rock slabber. You'd have to have a VERY good case for something being inside there and for it to be genuine to generate any interest from a geologist. They are more interested in land formations than in individual rocks (unless it's a sample of something.)

Now, you probably could get a rock hound interested in it. These are hobbyists who hunt interesting rocks for profit (cut and cabuchon them or mount them in settings and sell the jewelry.)

To everyone who posted a comment at, www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread706570/pg1. I’m not a scientist or anything of the like. This is not a HOAXS, my solo goal for this video is to reach out to someone who many know what it is or perhaps someone would like to run some tests themselves. I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want money, don’t want to be famous. I’m just seeking educated answers to help solve a mystery. The concretion/object is sitting in a bowel. After we poured the concrete pad for the concretion we used a basket ball to make an indication into the wet cement. It may look like I’m moving it with one hand put, but all it is really doing is rocking around in the bowel. The concretion/object is outside but underneath an over hang and after I put concrete sealer on it the little grains of sand stop falling off. The Concretion/Object is located in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, U.S.A., and it does have motion sensors and infrared cameras around it. For real! O, for those of you who wonder why I don’t have it inside, it’s to damn heavy! Come look for yourselves!

The geologist is/was a federal employee, from the Pagosa Springs, United States Forrest Service Department, and he is/was a geologist. He did spend a lengthy time at my house examining the concretion/object. I even offered him money for his time, which he refused saying it was against the law for him to take money because coming out to look at the concretion/object is part of his job. If you know anyone that would like to examine the concretion/object or to try to prove it’s a hoax, it let me know.

A rock hound would tap the thing and try to determine if it's hollow. If it's hollow then it's worth slabbing because, you could get a very nice interior full of calcite crystals and it would be worth quite a bit as a specimen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by pagosaman

I called hoax on the video for the reasons mentioned.

The way concretions are formed rules out insects walking across them whilst still soft, the marks are uniform and appear recent. The dust marks and scratches surround the 'stitches' and raise questions. Your comment about how many it takes to move the object raised doubts. Years ago, I worked in the building trade and have moved solid stone blocks, bricks and roof tiles; the concretion wouldn't need 7 men.

Maybe I was too quick to call hoax and you were simply sharing your enthusiasm for the object? If so, no harm done and I apologise.

There's an interesting paper (illustrated) about the formation of cannonball concretions....right here. Pages 6, 8 and 9 might go some way to changing your mind about it being stitched together.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_e_cox
Here's another site with more photos of these things.

www.rocksforkids.com...

rest of link: /R&M/concretions.html

(...link might not work because of the ampersand in it...fixed to go to parent site...)

Who knows what the markings are. Just because the OP pulled us into this doesn't mean we have to take his question that seriously. If he's really that keen to find out what caused those marks he can try researching the subject himself.
edit on 21-5-2011 by l_e_cox because: fix up the link a bit

What do you think I'm tring to do?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

I’m so sorry for attempting to bust this concretion/object open with a sledge hammer. You are absolutely right and that is why I have been doing what I can to preserve the Concretion/Object.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

edit on 23-5-2011 by pagosaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
As a student of heritage, I must say I really twitch by the thought of you going amok with a sledgehammer on a potentially 90 million years old stone, with what could be evidence of intelligent interaction.

I’m so sorry for attempting to bust this concretion/object open with a sledge hammer. You are absolutely right and that is why I have been doing what I can to preserve the Concretion/Object.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

To everyone who posted a comment at, www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread706570/pg1. I’m not a scientist or anything of the like. This is not a HOAX, my solo goal for this video is to reach out to someone who many know what it is or perhaps someone would like to run some tests themselves. I’m open to suggestions. I don’t want money, don’t want to be famous. I’m just seeking educated answers to help solve a mystery. The concretion/object is sitting in a bowel. After we poured the concrete pad for the concretion we used a basket ball to make an indication into the wet cement. It may look like I’m moving it with one hand put, but all it is really doing is rocking around in the bowel. The concretion/object is outside but underneath an over hang and after I put concrete sealer on it the little grains of sand stop falling off. The Concretion/Object is located in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, U.S.A., and it does have motion sensors and infrared cameras around it. For real! O, for those of you who wonder why I don’t have it inside, it’s to damn heavy! Come look for yourselves!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Pagosaman

Sorry if my comments were a bit harsh but I have an affection for old stones, they are the bones of Mother Earth.

You said on the vid that there were fossils embedded in the concretion - are they identifiable? Do you know what species they are of?

peace
J

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I didn't watch the whole video so the next question may have been answered but how is it measured to be 90 million years old?

I also was curious how something could be of that age and still show the stitch marking as clearly as it did. I would think that being it is a concretion the stitching would be mostly covered.

Why is this not being studied by someone who actually knows more about these things? Some guy claims to have a 90 million year old artifact and he keeps it in his yard?

A day with me and I would know what was in the center of that thing. How could you have something like that and not cut it open to see what hides inside?

What is most interesting about the stitch line is that it does have actual depth to it and so do the holes on both sides of the line. I couldn’t get my camera to focus in when I attempted to zoom in on the stitch line. As far as cutting it open, I live in a small town we don’t have large stone cutting tools, that’s why I used a large sledgehammer (then later stopped) to attempt to bust it open.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by skjalddis

Welcome to ATS Pagosaman

Sorry if my comments were a bit harsh but I have an affection for old stones, they are the bones of Mother Earth.

You said on the vid that there were fossils embedded in the concretion - are they identifiable? Do you know what species they are of?

peace
J

No problem with your comments. I understand.

We haven’t been able to identify the fossils inside of the concretion/object, but what we do see of the fossils is most interesting and only generates more questions than answers. We thought about removing one of the fossils but decided against it due to the damage that may accord when trying to remove one fossils, so for now I just preserve it as much as possible until it can get examined by experts. .

Pagosaman

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yea I think its a hoax also. The way he started to spin it and barely could and then all of the sudden it spun like a top. I don't know how 6 - 7 men could get a hold of such a small rock at the same time anyways.

It's concretion alright, perhaps by QUIKRETE.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Hey, I will make you a deal! You come over to my place and lift this concretion up off the ground by yourself and you can have it. Plus, I will give you a hundred dollars, but, I will not be responsible for any injury you may receive for attempting to lift it. You get one try. Hoax or Not, Heavy or Not, what say you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join