It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does the Catholic Church have to say about 5/21/2011 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I was just wondering what if anything does the RCC have to say about all this 5/21/2011 hype.Considering that the RCC is Gods Church founded by Jesus Christ, First pope Peter.Wouldn't they have anything to say about Gods final Judgment on May 21 2011.?Relax people, Nothing is going to happen. At least to Catholics.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

Yeah, my sister is a devout catholic, me? not so much, but she says it's all false, and pretty much the same thing everyone else says about false prophets, she sent me this, when I asked her what she thought. A Few Thoughts About Judgement Day and May 21, 2011

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Here's a pretty good article about what Catholics believe about the rapture:

Raptured or Not?
A Catholic Understanding

The article goes into some pretty good detail about what the Church believes about the Rapture and why it is rejected. The final paragraph pretty well sums up the Church teaching on the Rapture;

What’s a Catholic to believe?

We began with several questions: What is the Catholic teaching on the Rapture? There is none; there is no traditional Christian teaching on the Rapture. It is a late, and rather suspect, arrival on the scene.

Will Catholics be raptured? No, of course not, but then neither will be anyone else. But we are left behind with one final—and most important—question. It is not about the future, the question, Will I be taken up by the Rapture? Rather, it’s more about a present question: Will I be taken in by it?

ETA: when they say there is no Church teaching on the Rapture, they aren't kidding. I checked the Zenit website and there is not one story on there regarding tomorrow. The Vatican tends to completely ignore rapture discussion. I guess they believe they may give the crackpot idea credibility if they address it. I for one applaud their discretion.
edit on 5/20/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think Christians in general go with the bible teaching no one will know teh day or hour .. not the angels .. not jesus ...
Therefore .. any date ever stated, is likely to be incorrect ... else some puny minded human will have proven the great omnipotent God wrong ...
I think that is the Christian view .... It is my view too

new topics

top topics

join