It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making an introduction to a world I already know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Good evening all, simply introducing myself to ATS.
I look forward to a long life of intelligent discussions here, as I've been reading the forums and threads since I was about 16 years old and I've finally come around to actually sign up. Maybe the discussions seemed above me at the time? I'm not sure.
But, it boils down to the fact that in my small town, I can't seem to find anyone to speak to about anything with substance , unless it revolves around a new tractor or someone's livestock that has shockingly hurdled its fence for the 100th time and is loose, wandering around Main St. Oh, but the best part is watching all 3 of the on-duty police officers try to "shoo" the cow, goat, pig, etc. back to its home. Classic. Good for some temporary entertainment, but you really start to lose some brain cells without any sort of challenge.

Anyways, I'm glad to be a part of this wonderful, thought-provoking website.
Thank you for having me.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepypoet

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Reply to this post with the reply function up top right of this post and that'll be another post towards your mandatory 20 posts before you can start your own threads

Please message me using the message button on far left ATS tool bar [after you have made at least 20 posts] if you require any further help whatsoever!

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great intro. I'm transplanted into surely the same town of which you speak. But the locals don't think I'm from Venus anymore (don't show my tinfoil much ha) and they is some purty fine folk around these mountains.

On these boards too, and then there's those spoilsports...

See Ya.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sleepypoet

Welcome to the group. I hope you find it a learning experience like I have. You can't believe everything you read here but there is a lot of good information. I have come to rely on this site for breaking news. Several times I have seen it here before it hit MSM.

new topics

top topics

join