It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Parque Forestal Humanoid Photograph - Santiago, Chile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Source

On May 10, 2004 Civil Engineer Germán Pereira was taking photographs of the Carabineros (state police) on horseback in the Parque Forestal of Santiago, Chile. One of the photos, after being downloaded from his digital camera, showed the image of a possible alien being. CIFAE Chile interviewed the witness and analyzed the photograph. I decided to look back at this incident by presenting all the anecdotal evidence reported. Thanks again to Scott Corrales of INEXPLICATA - The Journal of Hispanic Ufology

Report from the witness, Civil Engineer Germán Pereira:

I'm from Concepción and have been working in Santiago for little over a a year. On May 10 this year I decided to take some photos at Parque Forestal, taking some 10 shots which I downloaded to my PC the following day .

I thought it would be interesting to photograph a group of Carabineros (state police) on horseback patrolling the sector. The photo was taken at 17:40 hrs approximately from the corner of JM de la Barra and Av. Cardenal José María Caro, in front of bellas Bellas Artes and looking east.

It was a cloudy day and the sun was hidden, for which reason my digital camera ( Kodak DX6490) adjusted to low speed (1/10 seg..

This is the reason why the photo shows motion (those knowledegable about photography will know the reason why)Furthermore, the Carabineros were som 20 meters distant, and I employed the camera's optical zoom (10x) which added to the blurred result.

So ATS, is this thing an actual being or lighting hitting something funny. Did this guy capture something extraordinary or is it mundane and misinterpreted?

I think it is an awesome photo and will try and do some enhancements to it myself and come back with more picture.

It definitely looks like something walking, but ill know better after some enhancements. I had to share it though, as it looks intriguing.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
baby alien...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For some reason I think I've seen video of this, am I going mad?

Quite possibly.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Definitely just a weather balloon

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Too bad he's so blurry, as the picture is. Seems like I've seen a copy of him somewhere
A gray but probably added into the photo.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is so much motion blur hard to say could be just a kid running in the park or an advanced alien running in the park lol.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The thing in this pic was proven to be a dog a while back, I will try to find thread I saw it in.
edit on 20-5-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by thatonedude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Couple quick enhancements.

I did this quickly as i do not have much time. But, whatever it is looks creepy.

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Maybe the photographer didn't notice it until they added it after downloading off of the camera?

How come in all of the alien abduction stories, animals are going crazy when the 'aliens' are around, but this supposed 'alien' isn't even making the horses flinch?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yep discussed here.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This one goes back from Feb 22, 2005
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is a pic that helps explain the image.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
looks like

this guy

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
NAKED SQUIRREL!!!

Seriously, if it was an alien wouldn't the horses react to it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Yes, this is a dog, 100% proven ages ago.

Check out here and here the amazing work done by Andres Duarte.

Extracts:

This is a perfect example of Pareidolia
edit on 20-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Why would he add a dog?
Wrong on this thread too.

Before a Mod hits me up let me apologize. This member has trolled so many posts I was just reacting without thinking.
Sorry
edit on 20-5-2011 by isitjustme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
Maybe the photographer didn't notice it until they added it after downloading off of the camera?

How come in all of the alien abduction stories, animals are going crazy when the 'aliens' are around, but this supposed 'alien' isn't even making the horses flinch?

Er, because like in the case of some ghosts and UFOs, it was invisible to human (and horse) sight but was still recorded by a camera.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

This is a perfect example of Pareidolia
edit on 20-5-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

I'd say that it is rather a perfect example of poor, unconvincing debunking by someone who used (perhaps deliberately) a low quality copy of this photograph. I have seen a high-quality version of it and it CLEARLY shows a biped, so you are merely muddying the waters.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
No it doesn't Look at the zoomed in version - even the blurred version shows more than two legs.

Don't make claims about seeing a mysterious clear version, but are unable to produce it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It would be over 9000 times more believable if the two cops even appeared to give a single care about the strange creature just strolling by.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join