It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain visit: Cameron embraces tyranny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As President Obama tells the Middle East to embrace democracy, the Prime Minister welcomes Bahrain's Crown Prince to Britain

www.independent.co.uk...

Just more of the same unbelievable hypocrisy from these people.

The Labour MP Denis MacShane, a former Foreign Office minister, said: "It's unbelievable, at a time when Bahrain is becoming the torture chamber of the Gulf, with terrible reports of killings and beatings, that David Cameron has even allowed the torturer-in-chief into Britain, let alone into Downing Street."

Honestly, the more I see of this crap the angrier I become and worse, they openly flaunt it in front of our faces. Then again why shouldn't they, the vast majority of people have absolutely no idea whatsoever of what is going on.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Why i am not surprised that Cameron is befriending the king of Bahrain ? first the elites they acted so nice to gaddafi and the they trick him and want gaddafi so they can take over, i wonder why wont the russians support gaddafi yet by sending the forces to stop the terrorists.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Shame. Bahrain is every bit as bad as Libya, and arguable worse. The crackdown was brutal on a scale that makes Iran look like a bastion of human rights.

Everyone with eyes can see that human rights are a tool for the West to justify interventionism. Genuine interest in human beings has nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin
Shame. Bahrain is every bit as bad as Libya, and arguable worse. The crackdown was brutal on a scale that makes Iran look like a bastion of human rights.

Everyone with eyes can see that human rights are a tool for the West to justify interventionism. Genuine interest in human beings has nothing to do with it.

Bahrain in my eyes is a worse example than Libya ever was. It's sickening to me that two 'regimes' are treated so differently while the great and good spout daily about human rights and democracy. One is being bombed on a daily basis while the other receives a friendly handshake.

new topics

top topics

join