It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAZMAT situation in Pueblo West

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

HAZMAT situation in Pueblo West

www.newsfirst5.com

Breaking news in Pueblo West--- 25 people have shown up at the Parkview ER off Highway 50 complaining of nausea, vomiting, and eye irritation. Ambulances from across the area have been called in to help and it has been declared a HAZMAT situation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I received a telephone call from my Mom, whose sister works at the IRS office in Pueblo, Colorado (I believe this is the Integrated Document Solutions office building). Evidently, their office and several others including Colorado State University, have been quarantined due to an unnamed HAZMAT situation.

This has resulted in at least 25 people sent to hospital, and others being decontaminated on scene.

If anyone has any additional information, please post it. Even my aunt has no idea what is going on.

I found no other threads on this at the time of this posting.

www.newsfirst5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-5-2011 by BearTruth because: Clarification of location.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BearTruth

Odd, the only HAZMAT situation on RSOE EDIS is in Titusville, FL. Similar symptoms, and similar number of people affected?

A total of 22 people were treated at area hospitals this morning after officials reported finding extremely high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the Brevard County Sheriff’s Complex in Titusville. Several employees reported feeling light-headed and were treated by paramedics and at one point Titusville Fire Department crews were preparing to evacuate the 9-1-1 dispatch center, officials reported. The incident was reported at about 9:30 a.m. today at the 700 S. Park Ave. “There were two patients checked out initially and by 10 a.m. we started to have more that wanted to be checked out,” Lt. Jeff Taylor, spokesman for Brevard County Fire-Rescue, said earlier. “They had a carbon monoxide detector going off for a couple of hours.” Officials reported that in recent days work crews on the roof had been using gas-fueled internal combustion engines for a project. Six people were taken to Wuesthoff Hospital while another seven were transported to Parrish Medical Center. It was not immediately known how many of those affected involved sheriff’s employees. Titusville Fire Department crews brought in two heavy electric fans to help air out portions of the building. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is potentially fatal to people in large amounts and can cause flu-like symptoms as it reduces the body’s ability to take in oxygen.

Usually any emergency call that goes out over the radio waves will show up quickly on the RSOE site? I wonder why they haven't picked up the Colorado one yet?

I don't get Twitter, are there any Tweets about it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is rather strange. I have combed the news sites and MSM. So far there is no mention of this. This has been going on now since 12:49 local time. I am not sure if they are PST or MST.

My Aunt told my Mom about 45 minutes ago (2:40pm EST) that they had no information but the building is cordoned off with yellow tape and no one can leave.

Strange indeed.

edit on 20-5-2011 by BearTruth because: verbage

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

West with symptoms that are consistent with HAZARDOUS MATERIALS EXPOSURE. These individuals work at 2 Jetway, Integrated Document Solutions, at the Pueblo Memorial Airport Industrial Park. As a precaution, all those individuals are being decontaminated for possible exposure to an unknown chemical. Pueblo Fire Department is on scene at 2 Jetway and has requested additional support from Rural Fire Department. In addition, Pueblo West Fire Department is at the Parkview location in Pueblo West to assist hospital staff with decontamination. A decontamination site has also been set up at the Pueblo Memorial Airport Park. The building has been emptied and is secure. No sheltering in place or evacuations have been ordered. Pueblo City Schools have not been directed to do anything at this time regarding the chemical spill at the airport, but has decided to shut down the air systems at East HS, Spann and Baca as a precautionary measure. CSU-Pueblo is taking precautionary measures and shutting down their air systems that bring in outside air to the their buildings.

source

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's at a business by the airport

www.newsfirst5.com...

From the Department of Emergency Mgmt: 25 people were exposed to a hazardous materials spill at "Integrated Document Solutions" a business on Jetway Ct. near the Pueblo airport. They're being treated at Parkview Medical Center in Pueblo West. Others are being decontaminated on site by the Pueblo Fire Department. No evacuations have been ordered by authorities.

edit on 20-5-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
News First 5.com states that no evacuations have been ordered. That is something I guess.

Due to my family involvement, I will be keeping a close eye on this, and will, of course, pass on any information pertinent to this event.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thank you for the post. At least we know it is a chemical spill, now.

I imagine info will keep coming now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Now they are saying it is not a chemical spill????

twitter.com...#!/kktv11news

edit on 20-5-2011 by Vodo34861 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

That is the building my Aunt works at. So that explains the yellow tape, etc. Thank you for your post.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No problem apologies for no comments in that post just wanted to get that out there as it can be frightening with no/little info. Hopefully just a minor spill and no one is hurt too bad.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
As a side note to all, I would suggest getting a twitter account set up and following only your local news, weather, emergency services. I know what is going on before anyone else I work with because of this. I attached it to "Trillian" and so each time something is posted I see a pop on my screen.

A great news source.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Thanks for the advice. I will look into it.

I tried to look up the twitter entry for kktv11news but wasn't able to access it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
twitter.com...
followed by /#!/kktv11news

try that.
Click me

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

kktv11news KKTV 11 News Pueblo Co. says the situation@Airport is not a chemical spill...no chemicals have been found in air. Reason for employee sickness not known.

kktv11news tweet

Lisa Shorter, with the PCSO says there was no spill and they're testing the air, but no chemicals have even been found at this time. The reason for the sickness is unknown at this time.

updated news:
source
edit on 5/20/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

That link worked like a charm! Thank you very much.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Okay now it is trending.
click me
Very strange, I have no idea what it could be.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

This is just getting more curious.

Now I really want to know what is going on with this.

My Aunt, still didn't have a clue. Now, I think that is because the authorities don't know.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My husband will be driving thru in a car carrier in about 2 hours. I advised him to keep a look out. He'll be sure to call me back and let me know how it goes.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Thank you. Any additional info is appreciated. So often the info received comes from outside sources such as this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join