It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Can Not Win.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So If the government discloses what it knows about ET's and Ufos, people will not believe them because it will be a "false flag" and a reason to start a "NWO"

If they say nothing they are lying, frauds, keeping the truth from the people etc.

In my opinion the Government can not win either way. Or Can they?

Edit:
Win I say "win" I mean they cannot come out on the good side.
If the government is trying to do something "good" and actually let people know because they have demanded i for so long.

Maybe I'm on the wrong site trying to express this opinion lol.
edit on 20-5-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

You have to be specific. "Win" what exactly? You see, it all depends on what they release. All depends on the announcements they make and what they say they will do. There are so many scenarios to imagine. I think (generalizing here) that the ET's are going to make themselves known, and the government won't have a say in it.
Ok had to edit this in : The government has been keeping information for long period of time, and today is still keeping information from the public, so in my eyes they are winning right now but I think it will end soon. By soon I mean years.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Vandettas because: Didn't answer his question.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Once you've been proven a liar it's very hard to gain some ones trust.
politician are professional liars. No they can never be trusted. In fact no one should be trusted if you really want to get to the truth.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Win I say "win" I mean they cannot come out on the good side.
Maybe I'm on the wrong site trying to express this opinion lol.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I think the problem with all governments is that they lie and cover up certain events or incidents which may threaten their political careers and power. This is not just a US problem. And this has been going on for years. It has been proven time and time again that politicians and government workers lied to ensure they remain in power.

In my opinion. the only reason governments would cover up contact with aliens is because the aliens are good and would bring positive changes to the human race, which would change the way we think and work and TPTB will see their powers diminish as a result.

So, governments can win if they learn to behave themselves and tell the truth about everything for the next few decades. Only then people will begin to believe them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well in that case, YES. You said wrong site to express what?! Your delusional if you think in that sense.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here's the thing: The government cannot prove there are no aliens. But if they finally admitted we've been right all along (there are aliens) it should be easy for them to prove to us that they're real. I will believe them if they ever give us disclosure.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You're right. The government can't come out on the "good side" of this scenario. Because they have proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that they could care less about the truth, or the public. So I would consider any "disclosure" at this point a lie.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Did you ever consider that maybe there is nothing to disclose? There sure as hell isn't any evidence of 'alien' visitation, so honestly, what more could they tell us?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it is definatly is a catch 22 situation as to be honest you cant appease all the masses out there, there will always be a group of people who will go against it, call it a hoax/cover up/ misinformation/disinformation etc etc etc. so yea damned if they do and damned if they dont lol.

however they put themselves in that position in my opinion, so much has been covered up which is what starts the conspiracy theories in the first place, so much inconsistencies with stories or witness accounts or whatever.

I always find the individual person is very smart and can handle alot of things however the society as a whole is very small minded and fear the unknown, they dont like change or anything thats different so either way the powers that be are screwed.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

This is a great point. The logical and rational explanation is that there is nothing to disclose, thus it will never come and UFO believers will continue to whine and invent fake stories to keep their faith going, like any good religion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
So If the government discloses what it knows about ET's and
Ufos, people will not believe them

this would all depend on HOW they disclosed.

Sending massive UFO ships to hover over every
major city is a lot different that having the president
sit down and do a live broadcast on TV spilling
the beans.

Yes, admitting this to the public would generate
a million questions. But it would be a great start.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

Did you ever consider that maybe there is nothing to disclose? There sure as hell isn't any evidence of 'alien' visitation, so honestly, what more could they tell us?

Yep That's why I used the the word "IF".

Meaning "If" they did know something.

I'm looking through some opinions on this sites and people are wanting and demanding disclosure, and others are saying if they (the government) disclose something it will not be real (false flag).

Its just kinda Ironic..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The official stance the US DoD has on UFO's is...Most UFO's are misidentified commonalities (venus etc..) or atmospheric phenomena with a small percentage being truly UFO (unidentified flying object). UFO's pose no threat to national security.

So what in that statement (loosely quoted) gives them no wiggle room? That statement alone is all they will ever need to cover their bums. That statement alone they can later claim was "disclosure" should they ever need to announce to the world ET has made contact.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yes, the government can still win in this. Reveal truth, which is probably not nearly as radical as most here think, and enough people will dig to verify and confirm it. This ET stuff literally is the biggest story ever, after all.

Sure, there'll be people on ATS who'll never believe anything the government says, but as to the mainstream, yeah they could believe and handle it.

Personally, I'd just like am opportunity to hear from, say, those F-16 pilots who were chasing something down in Stephenville a few years back. (Verified by radar, remember.) What did those pilots see? Any person who doesn't believe we have a right to know the answer to that very simple question... well, those are the types of people who are the problem to begin with. The days of such absurd levels of government secrecy are quickly waning.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
It would be really interesting if they disclose. Better that way than having their negatives, the gods of old, show up in a pretend rapture, and start bluebeaming human prey up. They had better not play the card. Because any form of disclosure and manipulation of ET, which will be their predator friends, will mean that the contracts are all null and void (not that they have much worth as it stands) and all sides will come forward. And I see the arrests being made.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

When the treaty soured over time, MJ-12 found themselves under the gun of the aliens. Their sought after technology from the aliens ended up to be a joke in the eyes of MJ-12, and MJ-12 found out that they were just where the aliens wanted them so the aliens could take full advantage of the situation. MJ-12 was caught in the middle of wanting nothing to do with the aliens and at the same time being under the gun of the little demons.

To tell the people would be out of the question, because of many different fears. Would American people, not understanding the circumstances leading to the treaty, consider that such a treaty with aliens, a foreign power, giving them bases in the United States for their ignoble purposes is a treasonous act? Would the people panic and start a revolution or go out and start shooting at shadows and movements in the streets? Would the people's action trigger an Alien/Human war that could not be won? Chaos in the population could be much more destructive than the alien presence and continued abduction of a few humans.

So for a long time now MJ-12 has had to endure violations to the treaty to avoid a Human/Alien war. This results in continued alien abductions from the earth population in order to keep things calm with the aliens and to find out just what the aliens are up to in all of these abductions and murders of abductees. Also it buys time to prepare for war against the aliens if that must come.

www.scribd.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfiniteTraveler
Once you've been proven a liar it's very hard to gain some ones trust.
politician are professional liars. No they can never be trusted. In fact no one should be trusted if you really want to get to the truth.

Unfortunately, this is all too true. And as horrible as I feel admitting it, if ET's do arrive and THAT truth is known, how do we know we can trust THEM either? Our desperation for a savior is a major weakness in our defenses.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The truth is another realm of existence.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why would anybody want any government to "win" in a criminal conspiracy cover-up of such important information?

Fact is that hiding ET/UFO information from the public is illegal in the U.S.. If the U.S. government ever admits it, they are admitting to a crime no matter what the outcome of that may be for them. I would demand all currently living proponents of the cover-up, from politicians, to military personnel, to scientists, be tried and convicted of misappropriating U.S. tax dollars and most likely murder once all the information comes out.

At the very least for the U.S. government it would be dismantled and restructured from such a revelation. I suspect what is most likely is that the U.S. and most current nations, would cease to exist from the rage, fear, and chaos that would ensue from admitting they've been feeding us all a colossal lie for decades. And that's just what would happen to the governments. I have no idea what would happen to civilization as a whole. Religious people may not be able to survive such information as religion and extraterrestrial conspiracy are usually very mutually exclusive.

I wouldn't worry about a New World Order. The powers that be are clinging on to how we currently live as hard as they can and will never change how good they have it. Admitting such a lie or any other big lie would essentially mean the end of it for them and they'll fight tooth and nail to keep our lives the way they are.
edit on 21-5-2011 by Frith because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join