It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single men if a shtf....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have not had much attention on this subject for a while now.

There are plenty of little babies in the world.

So I have been focusing my attention on ways to communicate to people that might make them start to realize that questions such as those posted by the OP are basically irrelevant. These days, sex is not going to guarantee our future. Awareness and an increased ability to communicate with reality might.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
I intend to go caveman... club the spouse of choice and drag them back to my hideout...

concur. Might as well turn the clock backwards to the beginning

Better sleep with one eye open in that cave.

????why? someone will club my wife or possibly a gay caveman clubbing me ?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Are those serious questions? I'm gonna be rapin' every chick that moves... And when I'm finished I'll proceed to putting my sunglasses on and smile.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

Some woman is going to kick your dumb little stupid butt, you must be like what 15?? if your seriously like that come to america and try it...I would cut your heart out with a spoon you little worthless slimy POS.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by SadButTrue

May God bless you for your unselfish contributions...seriously though, do you think you would have one woman as a mate, or just roam the countryside "indulging" at every opportunity? I've often wondered what men would do if the "rules" of society no longer applied....

The same as I do now...you don't have to lose your morals even when the world is collapseing around you.
The woman would be expected to help pull her weight ...so to speak meaning that she would have jobs and duties that would be to help with your day to day survival..be it gathering wood cooking hunting or fishing...even home repairs or weapom cleaning/maintenance

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i believe it would be harem time

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Some woman is going to kick your dumb little stupid butt, you must be like what 15?? if your seriously like that come to america and try it...I would cut your heart out with a spoon you little worthless slimy POS.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Well assuming something catastrophic happened and my wife got smart and left me...

At my age the words sexual and aggressive are an oxymoron.

I would have my doggie for morale.
rescuing anyone, if the good outweighed the bad maybe, prolly no though.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Approach women more easily? Soft of. I think women would be more cautious but also more in need of male companionship. Maybe it's a toss up. Aggressive? No, that would be a sure way to spook a woman in a survival situation.

Standards? I would have similar standards because I already judge more highly for intellect and trusrworthiness than sexual prowess.

As always, I would certainly feel a need to protect and serve. I would certainly be more apt to defend an unknown woman than an unknown man.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

reply to post by saltdog

I am assuming that picture was meant for yourself and not Saltdog. Don't worry Saltdog, he can't rape anyone without a dick. There are plenty of survivalist women out there like myself, who really, really like our collection of knives, and are more than prepared to deal with P.O.S. like him. Besides, dogs need to eat too, when the SHTF.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If I found myself single after such an event, and I certainly hope I don't, I would hope that I would behave using the same moral code I have always adhered to.

I would like to think that I could still be honourable and protect, rather than take advantage of.
If I stooped so low as to prey on those weaker then myself, I would be no better than a roaming animal.
I am not sure that I would want to survive if that became the case.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Would you be able to approach woman more easily?...

No, the ease in which I approach a woman would not change. I have no problem approaching a woman now and would not then.

Be aggressive sexually?

If you mean pursuing a sexual relationship, no, I would go about that the same as I always do. If something clicks, it clicks, if not, it doesn't.

Would you lower your standards dramatically just to have someone to care for and release sexual desires?..

My standards are not shallow. My standards are not based on looks. Do not get me wrong, A hot girl is a hot girl, but I am more interested in personality and what not. If she happens to be hot, that is a bonus, but not required by any means... Because, if you truly love some one, they are more beautiful than anything in the world... So... no, I suppose my standards would not change.

Would you risk your own life to save a random female stranger?..

I would do that right now. I would do that regardless of the situation. And they would not have to be female.If I see some one who's life is in danger, I will do everything in my power to save them... That is the kind of person I am.
edit on 25-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Depends on what kind of man.

Not all men would go one way or the other.

Some would do as you say and roam, some would settle. Just like now. The contrast may be more stark, but still similar. That stuff is hardwired.

Some would try to surround themselves with women (re: harem) which would probably be much easier to achieve in a POST-SHTF scenario, especially if the male were a prime specimen. (Attractive, Intelligent, Strong... and Virile)

Nobody would be thinking too hard on making babies until the smoke clears.

Afterwards though it may be foremost on everyone's agenda. Small children are difficult to care for yes, but if they live it could make survival for all easier in the long run. It wasn't so long ago that families would produce several children, rather than today's 2-4 standard, just because the chances of survival were far less.

Some men, more so than now, would take without asking... and then there would be those of us that will not have to worry about a legal system standing between men of honor and rapist scum.

Most men that have good wives would probably rather die trying to save them or die with them than go on alone. Children could be a big variable here.

This scenario may not be good for nagging wives though!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by saltdog

Your across the pond..thats good I see yu can think like that all you want to, we kicked out all the rif raf like you out 200 years ago, you do whatever you want over there.
come over here...I'll pick you up at the airport....I'll show you how the USMC deals with guys like you....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

reply to post by saltdog

I am assuming that picture was meant for yourself and not Saltdog. Don't worry Saltdog, he can't rape anyone without a dick. There are plenty of survivalist women out there like myself, who really, really like our collection of knives, and are more than prepared to deal with P.O.S. like him. Besides, dogs need to eat too, when the SHTF.

LMAO...great, I don't sweat comments from people like that, they are just a product of the system...usually the part you lock up or flush down the toilet.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm not single, though in a SHTF scenario, we all could be....

I think it would absolutely change the social dynamic. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse.

For example, I'd think that rape would certainly be a pretty real risk for women in the absence of law. Conversely, many single women would use sex to get survival items as well.

I'd still risk my neck (within reason) for a stranger...it's just the way I was brought up. That said, I'd have to be pretty sure I have a good chance of surviving to risk it. I'm not going to throw my life away like I would to save a loved one.

As for approaching women, I think I'd probably assume that EVERYONE in such a scenario is out for themselves, so I'd be wary of having any unguarded moments. Still, I'd try and be pleasant enough.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join