It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of dead sharks washing up in San Fran Bay increasing at an alarming rate the last few weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This isn't normal, and personally I don't believe it's from radiation either. I believe this is a clear sign that the Cascadia mega thrust and/or San Andreas faults are about to unload:

www.insidebayarea.com...

An alarming number of sick, dying and dead leopard sharks have been turning up on the shores of Richardson Bay over the past two weeks, but researchers are baffled as to what is causing the problem, observed elsewhere in the Bay Area as well.

The period of April through June is when leopard sharks enter shallow waters, like those in Richardson Bay, to spawn. This year, some are not leaving.

"I first noticed one April 10, it was acting bizarre," said Kerry Wilcox, sanctuary manager at the Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary. "It was bumping into pilings and stranding itself on rocks and was coming into water that was shallower and shallower."

Wilcox assumed it was an isolated case, but he then heard of similar issues with leopard sharks near Redwood City later in April. In less than two weeks, as many as 50 leopard sharks washed up dead near Redwood City.

Starting May 2, Richardson Bay Audubon Center and Sanctuary researchers began to scour beaches along Richardson Bay after high tide. Since then, more than 20 have turned up dead........

edit on 20-5-2011 by Disconnected Sociopath because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

I'm Curious if this is Related to the Radiation being Released from Fukushima.... Idk.... They seem to be having multiple meltdowns going on.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

skark rapture ?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think it has to do with japan dumping millions of tons of radioactive water into the sea

they say the sharks are dieing from internal bleeding

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All these animal deaths we hear about make me think of the Death horse of the apocalypse.
Second.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
1 should pay attention to any animals washing up from the deep as it may signal the health in the deep seas my not be well.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Good find OP, S & F.

Let's take a look at the victim . . .
Leopard Shark

Hunts over sand in search of burrowing invertebrates such as worms but will feed opportunistically on a wide variety of animals including crustaceans, squid, bony fishes, and small sharks and rays (mainly other smoothhounds, bat rays and guitarfishes).

So, the first question would be, "Is the shark's food supply growing scarce and causing it to come to shallower waters?"

If this is the case, why is the food source disappearing?

Also,

The Leopard Shark sometimes forms nomadic schools with other species especially the Grey Smoothhound (Mustelus californicus) and Spiny Dogfish (Squalus acanthias). Usually maintains a small home range but can roam up to 150km. A strong swimming shark that can occasionally be seen resting among rocks.

So, the next area in need of investigation is whether the dead sharks were accompanied by other dead species that they were schooling with.

Source

My personal feelings remind me of the large fish die-offs in California just prior to the Japan Earthquake on March 11.

Be Well
edit on 20-5-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
More info here: www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by userid1
More info here: www.examiner.com...

Thanks for posting this as this article has several key 'clues' to support my theory, prediction, what ever you want to call it:

- The title itself is key saying that these sharks are 'gasping for air'. Seismic activity underwater entails the release of methane and other toxic gases.

- These leopard sharks live along the coasts from Mexico to Oregon, it's not a coincidence that this is where the San Andreas and Cascadia faults are as well.

- Redwood City is where most of these sharks are washing up and the San Andreas basically runs directly underneath that area.

Obviously I don't have any scientifc data to back this up, but I urge everybody in the west coast to pay attention because I do believe that a very big EQ is coming - one that may be on par (or worse) than Japan's recent disaster...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bishop2199

Good find OP, S & F.

Let's take a look at the victim . . .
Leopard Shark

Hunts over sand in search of burrowing invertebrates such as worms but will feed opportunistically on a wide variety of animals including crustaceans, squid, bony fishes, and small sharks and rays (mainly other smoothhounds, bat rays and guitarfishes).

So, the first question would be, "Is the shark's food supply growing scarce and causing it to come to shallower waters?"

If this is the case, why is the food source disappearing?

Also,

The Leopard Shark sometimes forms nomadic schools with other species especially the Grey Smoothhound (Mustelus californicus) and Spiny Dogfish (Squalus acanthias). Usually maintains a small home range but can roam up to 150km. A strong swimming shark that can occasionally be seen resting among rocks.

So, the next area in need of investigation is whether the dead sharks were accompanied by other dead species that they were schooling with.

Source

My personal feelings remind me of the large fish die-offs in California just prior to the Japan Earthquake on March 11.

Be Well
edit on 20-5-2011 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

I posted this in another response, but the key here for me is that these Leopard sharks are native to the coastline that runs along the entire west coast - from Washington down to Mexico. And it's no coicidence that 2 very dangerous fault lines are located where these sharks are dying either.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I think it has to do with japan dumping millions of tons of radioactive water into the sea

they say the sharks are dieing from internal bleeding

If you'll remember, the mysterious bird deaths starting in Arkansas all showed signs of blunt force trauma and internal bleeding. I think they need to start answering questions and stop bull sh*tting everyone.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hmm thats interesting but I thought I read somewhere that they were found to have trauma to the stomach. Perhaps it has to do with different rogue currents. This has been happening for a few weeks, eh? I wonder just how many other animal die offs have been happening as of late. I bet there is now a media black out on such things.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin

Hmm thats interesting but I thought I read somewhere that they were found to have trauma to the stomach. Perhaps it has to do with different rogue currents. This has been happening for a few weeks, eh? I wonder just how many other animal die offs have been happening as of late. I bet there is now a media black out on such things.

This video is posted in another thread, but it's worth posting here too:

Map Legend:

Red marker = Serious 100k or more deaths
Yellow marker = more then 1k less than 100k
Green marker = Below 1k

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Thanks for posting that video, it's hard to get perspective on the situation with science saying this is normal. It's worth a thread on it's own IMO.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOSmallorca

skark rapture ?

Nonsense, clearly it's fireworks.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Zephaniah 1:3

3 “I will sweep away both man and beast;
I will sweep away the birds in the sky
and the fish in the sea—
and the idols that cause the wicked to stumble.”[a]

Definetly seems relevant.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well I am in AR and ever since they stopped the drilling over here, and started investigating, the earthquakes have not been occuring. Just my guess, but it is very odd about the animals.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Interesting....hopefully not a foreshock:

Magnitude 3.6 - SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA

2011 May 22 02:04:56 UTC
Details
Maps
Scientific & Technical
Additional Info

Earthquake Details
This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude

Date-Time

Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 02:04:56 UTC
Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 07:04:56 PM at epicenter

37.981°N, 122.249°W

Depth

9.6 km (6.0 miles)

Region

SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA

Distances

3 km (2 miles) SSE (164°) from Hercules, CA
4 km (3 miles) ENE (71°) from El Sobrante, CA
4 km (3 miles) ESE (116°) from Pinole, CA
12 km (8 miles) N (10°) from Berkeley, CA
15 km (9 miles) S (185°) from Vallejo, CA
21 km (13 miles) N (355°) from Oakland, CA

Location Uncertainty

horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.4 km (0.2 miles)

Parameters

Nph= 94, Dmin=3 km, Rmss=0.19 sec, Gp= 43°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=3

Source

California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGSCaltechCGSUCBUCSDUNR

Event ID

nc71573330

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This is the latest NOAA satellite visible image. What's this huge weird whirlpool cloud? a sign of destructive EQ?

new topics

top topics

join