It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop beats elderly man after reporting car accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Link of Story

An Alabama police officer beat an 84-year-old man after he called 911 to report a car accident outside of him home that involved an intoxicated driver. Dorsey Henderson called 911 to report the accident after he noticed that the driver was severely drunk. Henderson told the driver that he was under citizen’s arrest and told him to remain near the vehicle until the police arrived. Minutes later Fairhope Police Officer Trent Scott arrived. Henderson explained the driver appeared to be very intoxicated and had been acting belligerent, and that he placed him under a citizen’s arrest. The officer however scolded Henderson and told him there is "no such thing as citizen's arrest in Alabama," and to "get out of the way, old man," according to the Courthouse News Service. The man said he was merely trying to help. But, the officer did not care. He responded to Henderson’s aid by grabbing him and throwing him to the ground breaking both his nose and glasses, all while Henderson’s wife watched helplessly from her wheelchair inside the home. His wife, on the phone with 911, told the dispatcher that the cop was "beating the hell out of my husband" Following the beating the officer cuffed Henderson and put him in the back seat of his patrol car. He was never placed under arrest. When an ambulance arrived the officer sent it away, telling the medics that the “old man” had no need for medical assistance. Sometime later a superior officer arrived at the scene and ordered the ambulance to return. After Henderson was taken to the hospital he was found to have a broken nose, multiple contusions and a torn rotator cuff. The police officer remains on duty without reprimand from the department.

So, yeah, the police officer REMAINS on duty...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Dangit, well thanks.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Who needs terrorists when you have some Barny Fife wannabe to do the terrorizing. No offence to Don Knotts. It seems to me that cops are thesecond biggest terror threat toward this country. Tptb will never relinquish their top spot. I'm starting to believe that a failed psych-eval is mandatory to become the kind of law enforcement that is prevalent in our day and age. Who is going to protect us from the protectors? I hope people are taking notice of this madness and preparing for what ensues.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'd like to see "Officer Powerful" try to throw Me to the ground and see what happens... When are people gonna stand up? If this happened in my town I would rally as many people as I could to protest in front of the police station.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
THIS IS THE LACKNESS OF THE POLICE OFFICER BUT QUESTION IS THAT THE POLICE OFFICER REMAIN ON THE DUTY HOW THIS HAPPENS....IF THIS HAPPENS WITH US SO WE ARE PROTESTING AGAINST THE POLICE OFFICER.

top topics

join