It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reopening the case file: NASA UFOs

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

In your image of the debris....yes, debris.....it has captions that say, "What are these?" and "Lights?"

No...those are reflections of the sunlight.

I explained, some pages ago, that these are still images, and not video...so, they capture moments in the movement of the object, and each time it rotates, flexes, or skews in between clicks of the camera shutter, it will present various edges, sides, parts to the Sun and reflect back....all perfectly understandable, and something you witness probably every day, on Earth, with ordinary objects.

(Watch a car drive by, in bright sunlight past our fixed position, and observe the way the Sun reflects, in various angles)....

Funny, isn't it, how a strong desire to *believe* in something 'other worldly' results in such selective amnesia when one is *hoping* to see what is not really there....just because it "looks" unlike what they thought they have experienced, before......

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Here we see an object slowly enter the left side of the screen and then shoot off at a fast speed.

I remember seeing similar footage though not the same at all - mentioned as being jettisoned ice, debris or something equally difficult to believe by a venerable poster here, whats his name, the Russian scientist, mad I think?
in the thread; NASA UFO Footage from Above Earth, begun by predator0187 www.abovetopsecret.com... my point being THIS video also may be "de-bunked" using the same logic but I am extremely "skeptical of the skeptical" in this case.

This looks like controlled intelligent operation/craft, exercising immediate avoidance.
Of course it might just be some willful ice.
edit on 22-5-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Nice Topic, thx for share the videos

I trully believe that space junk exists a lot around Earth's orbit|...What i don't belive at all is in space junk that are able to change direction and speed like flies...!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by RSF77

In your image of the debris....yes, debris.....it has captions that say, "What are these?" and "Lights?"

No...those are reflections of the sunlight.

I don't know, that's why the caption was posed as a question. Could be a refection of sunlight I guess, kind of a strange arrangement of reflective surfaces. It's definitely not something we have been aware of and interesting to me irregardless if its aliens or not. It could be reflective surfaces for all I care, what interests me is that the object appears to have been designed to be that way.

Look I did it again.

Your right though, that pic just screams "debris".

I explained, some pages ago, that these are still images, and not video...so, they capture moments in the movement of the object, and each time it rotates, flexes, or skews in between clicks of the camera shutter, it will present various edges, sides, parts to the Sun and reflect back....all perfectly understandable, and something you witness probably every day, on Earth, with ordinary objects.

(Watch a car drive by, in bright sunlight past our fixed position, and observe the way the Sun reflects, in various angles)....

That is not a car.

Funny, isn't it, how a strong desire to *believe* in something 'other worldly' results in such selective amnesia when one is *hoping* to see what is not really there....just because it "looks" unlike what they thought they have experienced, before......

Not really. I'm just looking at pictures of stuff I don't know what it is, not running my mouth off about "believers" or "skeptics". You writing about the desire to *believe* something and what I am *hoping* doesn't offend me really, if that was your purpose, its not like this exact statement hasn't been made millions of times on ATS.

Please don't say such stupid things to me again. I don't want to listen to you talking about what I am *hoping* to believe, nor do I care. If you had read some of the threads you posted in that I did as well, you would realize I am skeptical of most of the UFO videos right along with you. I don't care about arguing about being skeptical or not, so cut your crap talk.

I'm not going to reply to you anymore about "believers" or wanting to believe anything.
edit on 22-5-2011 by RSF77 because: pics

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This morning we had another real-world example of why Mission Control is always interested in stuff they spot outside of space vehicles -- potential recontact [the threat can be scratching windows or solar arrays, fouling hinge, valve, and hatch mechanisms, trouble like that]

Bolt problem prompts change in plans for lubrication
spaceflightnow.com...

"The obvious concern is foreign object debris, in other words, any of the bolts or washers coming free," said mission control commentator Kyle Herring.

To repeat a point I made earlier, this stuff being called 'space debris' has nothing to do with what the news media calls 'space debris' -- pieces of other satellites in different orbits. Of all the stuff seen in shuttle videos, none has ever turned out to be from this cloud of globe-circling 'space debris' -- it's usually stuff off of (or out of) the shuttle itself. So it's not high speed and lethal -- it's local and temporary.

The classic 'space debris' is generally far too small, far too fast moving, and almost always far too distant to be detected by any sensor or eyeball on the shuttle or space station. Any other human spacecraft spotted tend to be those in joint operations such as launch, rendezvous, jettison, or departure.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

You would figure that NASA has Sears auto center installing their rivets and bolts for them. How is it exactly that NASA can't manage to contain loose parts on a spacecraft that I am paying for?

This explanation of foreign objects describes a huge failure on NASAs part. I'm not saying you Jim, but the guys that are doing the monkey work for spacecraft construction.
edit on 22-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

That is not a car.

Sorry that you could not understand an analogy, or comparison, when presented.

My writing is therefore to the benefit of those who do understand. It is rather obvious, when considered rationally and logically.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by RSF77

That is not a car.

Sorry that you could not understand an analogy, or comparison, when presented.

My writing is therefore to the benefit of those who do understand. It is rather obvious, when considered rationally and logically.

Maybe try to explain yourself with logic, rather than cryptic messages.

If you quoted anything other than "That is not a car.", you would realize the whole point of this post a couple page ups north renders your whole argument of reflective surfaces moot, along with the car thing. That is why I don't care about your analogies.

You should be better than trying to draw me into a pointless argument.

If you have some outstanding knowledge of what this object is, besides a reflection, please let us all know.

Jim: I'm sorry for being so insistent, but I would be interested in what you have to say about these questions I asked earlier?

Originally posted by RSF77

Does NASA ever place infrared (and other areas of the EM spectrum) cameras alongside a control camera (visible light) to trying and discover what these objects could be, that could possibly give a good picture of the outline of an anomalous object as well as some other details about it. Just thinking because I don't think I've ever seen anything other than a visible light camera video from NASA.

I hear the USAF and the USN makes some pretty nasty radar equipment too, could AN/APY-2 or SPY-3 radar systems be modified for use in orbit? Or would there be too much interference up there from solar emissions or something? Perhaps some magnetic (or even gravitational) sensory equipment? Just thinking out loud that's all, maybe if we pointed a radar at UFOs it could tell us some information about what all this strange stuff is. I don't know though, NASA may have already done this?

Does anyone have any info on this, I am kind of interested now.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Here we see an object slowly enter the left side of the screen and then shoot off at a fast speed....

This looks like controlled intelligent operation/craft, exercising immediate avoidance.
Of course it might just be some willful ice.

Why can't we assume it's ice from a thruster leak hit by a steering thruster pulse?

That's what they look like -- why require any additional agencies?

To tell the difference, we'd need to know the date/time of the video.

How can you seriously offer any speculation when the most basic contextual info is missing?

Why is it being withheld?

And why do you tolerate it?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It looks very similar to air traffic from the EU and around the country on the globe image, I dont know why the back is black like space though.

The other image looks like the secret stealth helicopter or new tech that we wont know about until they retire the craft. I'm not saying it could be something more suspect though. We didnt know they were using the the Lockheed SR-71 "Blackbird", that went over mach 3 in the 60's. Once they did a SAM launch they just accelerated.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by JimOberg
It turns out -- and nobody found this out before I did the detailed analysis -- that the most famous shuttle UFO scenes were occurring in one very brief and special illumination condition -- shortly after sunrise, as the camera is viewing backwards towards the still dark horizon on a special mesoscale lightning search program.

Never heard of that, but it sounds interesting. I might have to read a little about it, because I don't completely understand how this creates that condition for pop up UFOs, other than just the fact its a camera pointed away from the shuttles orbital trajectory?

The camera is pointed backwards, not "away from the trajectory". Te purpose was to watch the dark horizon.

The MLE project has been over for years, but the classic 'ufo' videos stem from the illumination/imaging conditions designed for its low-light-level observation.

That makes sense about the pop up UFOs being caused by a the shuttle's shadow though, considering the sun is never in any of those videos (would that even be possible with the bright light and all?). So the pop up UFOs are rather easily explainable I guess, I don't know why I didn't think of that before, maybe because they seemed so far away on these videos.

It's not just the sun not visible, it's any sunlit surfaces of the shuttle. Sometimes at sunrise there's some backscatter sunlight that 'fogs' the edge of the TV field-of-view. But these days, TV almost always includes station structure that gets bright at sunrise and stops down the camera's auto gain control -- so this particular situation is no longer occurring.

Still, there are much more interesting UFOs caught on spacecraft cameras, such as objects that change direction rapidly. In particular the one video (from one of the Apollo missions I think, though I might be wrong?) where a UFO rapidly changes direction after something appears to have been shot from the surface of the Earth at it. Some of these pictures of objects from spacecraft just don't look like anything terrestrial to me, even non functional satellites or space junk with a few that appear to have linear sections of evenly spaced lights or something. This could always be terrestrial secret projects, but I doubt the ability and motive of a government today to build something like what is on these pictures. SLAYER's first post is a perfect example of stuff just doesn't look like space junk or terrestrial spacecraft.

I think that's STS-48, answered elsewhere.

Does NASA ever place infrared (and other areas of the EM spectrum) cameras alongside a control camera (visible light) to trying and discover what these objects could be, that could possibly give a good picture of the outline of an anomalous object as well as some other details about it. Just thinking because I don't think I've ever seen anything other than a visible light camera video from NASA.

On occasion UV cameras are mounted in the bay, but they operate only in darkness because the Sun is a bright UV emitter. All the famous 'ufo scenes' are visible light cameras, the imaginations of some posters hereabouts notwithstanding. The evidence 'for' UV cameras taking any of these images is invalid -- e.g., the 'color' of the screen is an indicator of the type of 'light'. The shuttle windows are eyeball protective and filter out harmful bands [exception -- middeck side viewing hatch window is UV transparent]. .

I hear the USAF and the USN makes some pretty nasty radar equipment too, could AN/APY-2 or SPY-3 radar systems be modified for use in orbit? Or would there be too much interference up there from solar emissions or something? Perhaps some magnetic (or even gravitational) sensory equipment? Just thinking out loud that's all, maybe if we pointed a radar at UFOs it could tell us some information about what all this strange stuff is. I don't know though, NASA may have already done this?

The shuttle's Ku-band radar can operate in passive mode for navigating during rendezvous, but otherwise the same dish is used for hi-bandwidth comm. It never operates in search mode -- there's no value to it. If the TV is ebing relayed 'live', it's via the Ku-band, so the radar can't function simo.

reply to post by RSF77

Jim: I'm sorry for being so insistent, but I would be interested in what you have to say about these questions I asked earlier?

Hey, it's a weekend! And the shuttle is flying!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Starred and Flagged as this thread has been a real joy to read... It is always interesting to read new opinions (of both skepticals and believers) on older pics or videos of objects that are still unidentified. My personal opinion tends to go along with many others that see space debris -- or black budget crafts...merely speculation nonetheless.

But by reposting them as you have done brings the possibility of putting some of them under a new light.

Great thread !

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Weed, just because you are a pilot we both know you arent a scientist. Did you ever crack open that bottle of your finest to celebrate yet? I miss fighting with you. Sun needs to reflect off something. dont you remember the image of the flight paths?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Yes, space debris arent under the Stratosphere and under the clouds?

edit on 22-5-2011 by wonderworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I don't have to be a "scientist" to understand science. And aviation. And aerospace. I have done a lot of study, and have learned much in my lifetime.

Here is a video to illustrate debris, in free-fall that is rotating. As it rotates, it catches the sunlight, at many various angles.

If these examples of debris had, instead of video, been a series of separate still photos, then any number of (false) conclusions might have been drawn, about them. People might say it was an "alien ship morphing shape", or some such:

I find it odd that in this day and age, with so much information literally at our fingertips, these rather mundane explanations are not understood.....and effort to teach oneself not undertaken.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

If10 retired astronauts saw something they can not identify it makes a person wonder. From what I know about UFO's is they will not be seen unless they want to be seen. I do have credible info from someone who knows the facts. He dont talk though, not in fear of the government but "them". Call me crazy but it's true. I've heard about space junk too. Are you talking about this?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Very interesting. I'm reminded of the Black Knight satellite case.
edit on 22/5/2011 by diamount because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Nice vid, I know you understand aviation but not aerospace. I agree that we have a lot of orbital debri, I dont want to derail this thread but dont you also know that the metal particulates in the chemtrails can be ionized and also reflect light?

Slayer has a good point here. NASA STS-088 does have crystal clear images available of Unidentified objects, whether flying or not. That cant be disputed as orbital debri.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Weed, About how far away would you say that tiny piece of Ice crystal is away from the shuttle. As far away as that ice crystal is it is about the size of my Chevy Malibu. And 2 of them the same size and shape.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

Your really not helping any.

So why is it that NASA doesn't employ these types of sensors? I don't see what there is to lose from it?

I'll make a better reply when I am not under a tornado threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join