It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think The World Will End, and other questions. Ask a demi-god and he will answer.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I wasn't expecting to be S&Fing this thread honestly...

But your answers have won me over...

Well done my friend

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Only the person can know (or will find out) if they are hit with the guru syndrome. It's a thin red line and very easy to fall victim to, especially if the ego is well consealed. I cannot judge either way, and can only speak from my own experiences. I am sure there are many truly enlightened individuals in this world, and all do not operate or think in the exactly the same way, which is a trap most people tend to fall into when thinking how one (enlightened) would act.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intergalactic fire
What are the origins of this materialistic world we know of today?
Why is spiritualism uppressed by the governement?
Where did we start this competition that we see all over the world?

All things originate from the One, but descend through different stages of emanation, so that the higher is superior to the lower. Example: The sun controls the earth, it's on a higher level. The One controls all things. It emanates all things. Man is part animal, part divine. His physical actions are very limited. Example: He can't overcome gravity without the use of machines. However, his spirit can 1. create machines to overcome laws of gravity, and 2. realize his true potential.

Spiritualism is oppressed by religions by giving a false vision of God. God is for instance, a punisher, rather than the spirit within. Religions try and say that God does individual acts in the world, when those acts were done by humans. Governments use this idea of God to assert themselves as God, so they can control people's lives because they are God and they control the country. The truth is that each individual is of the divine, and so they are one with God. This automatically dismisses any need for a church, as well as asserts an individual's liberty where the government otherwise sees them as a lower class citizen.

Materialism by its very nature is competitive and prone to war. The spoils of war can make one person rich, but then immediately make him a subject to assassination threats. Industry and technology are good, but they often have negative effects on society as the result. Moderation is the key to taming materialism, which balances the extremist tendencies. With moderation, peace is possible because one does not fall into the materialist traps. Example: the less money you have, the less you have to lose.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Well done my friend

It's because I want you to be enlightened just as much as myself. On this pedestal there is room for us all.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Only the person can know (or will find out) if they are hit with the guru syndrome. It's a thin red line and very easy to fall victim to, especially if the ego is well consealed. I cannot judge either way, and can only speak from my own experiences. I am sure there are many truly enlightened individuals in this world, and all do not operate or think in the exactly the same way, which is a trap most people tend to fall into when thinking how one (enlightened) would act.

The false guru wants pupils to see the guru as a god and not the pupils themselves as gods.
The true guru shows that all is one.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Heres my question.

Is Harold Camping:

A) A Genius. Lied about the rapture in order to gain financial wealth in the name of "God".

B) A Lunatic who honestly believe the world is going to end.

C) Honestly knows that the Rapture is on May 21st.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
Heres my question.

Is Harold Camping:

A) A Genius. Lied about the rapture in order to gain financial wealth in the name of "God".

B) A Lunatic who honestly believe the world is going to end.

C) Honestly knows that the Rapture is on May 21st.

A and B.

The rapture is the ascension into the higher states of consciousness, not a physical act or alien invasion. The body remains, but the mind sees a different view of life that is counter to what most people believe. Many people have been altering their views of the world, and it has increased recently. That is as far as the rapture means, an awakening, and not end of the world.

link   
Why?

link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Akragon

Well done my friend

It's because I want you to be enlightened just as much as myself. On this pedestal there is room for us all.

I appreciate that, but no worries... I came to your same realization many years ago. The difference is i've come to accept that some are meant to understand and some are not.

I have no need to speak of such things though because i couldn't care less who sees the truth and who doesn't, i let people walk their own path in life.

Of course i'm happy to clarifiy peoples understanding on such matters, but i'll never open a thread such as this simply because you open yourself to attacks from those who lack such understanding.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

My friend, believe what you want, you aren't a demi god. You haven't ridden of your ego yet.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am not a space alien or a time traveler, I am a demi-god. Ask me anything that you mortally wish, and I will show you what you should be wishing for. If you have doubts, bring them to the floor, and if you attack, I shall not counter-attack, but treat your attack as though it t'were a reward.

Query as follows.

1) Consider the following:

A man is walking in a windswept field and he passes the corpses of several animals. One of the corpses transforms into a beautful woman and the man makes love with the woman before somehow they together become a tree, and simultaneously the wind in the tree, and then go their seperate ways. The wind carries away the leaves, and the leaves themselves don't know whether they are creatures of the tree or the wind. An owl catches one of the leaves in its beak, blinking. The owl's nictitating membranes flicker twice, then once again, before it drops the leaf.

2) Now finish the story with the correct ending. Don't explain it, don't analyze it. Finish it. In a single sentence.

Note: The metaphor above exists in a specific metaphoric system defined (provisionally, for the purposes of this exercise) as follows.
a) There is one and only one correct ending to the story. This is not subjective question or something that is "open to interpretation," etc. Although it is understood that such limitations do not apply in absolute reality, they are set as rules for the purpose of this exercise, much as the letters of an alphabet are set arbitrarily but not chaotically.
b) Failure to finish the story with the single correct answer in a single sentence shall be construed as failure to answer the query as posed.
c) Hint: Consider water.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

My friend, believe what you want, you aren't a demi god. You haven't ridden of your ego yet.

It's true, if I were completely free of my ego I would have said I was God. I guess you can at least predict my next thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am currently on my own personal spiritual journey i am studying Kabala and reading on many religions such a Hinduism and Buddhism. The only thing that is holding me back is the fear that all this stuff i am reading is nothing more than false men made information. If it was not for that fear i would not have so much doubt. But even tho i am feeling the physical part of accession. My ego keeps telling me that it is nothing more than a illusion

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

i see no ego involved within the answers, Op seems genuine , Op might it be u accidently skipped my question page 3

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"You are the Creator", who told me this?
edit on 20-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

I am not a space alien or a time traveler, I am a demi-god. Ask me anything that you mortally wish, and I will show you what you should be wishing for. If you have doubts, bring them to the floor, and if you attack, I shall not counter-attack, but treat your attack as though it t'were a reward.

Query as follows.

1) Consider the following:

A man is walking in a windswept field and he passes the corpses of several animals. One of the corpses transforms into a beautful woman and the man makes love with the woman before somehow they together become a tree, and simultaneously the wind in the tree, and then go their seperate ways. The wind carries away the leaves, and the leaves themselves don't know whether they are creatures of the tree or the wind. An owl catches one of the leaves in its beak, blinking. The owl's nictitating membranes flicker twice, then once again, before it drops the leaf.

2) Now finish the story with the correct ending. Don't explain it, don't analyze it. Finish it. In a single sentence.

Note: The metaphor above exists in a specific metaphoric system defined (provisionally, for the purposes of this exercise) as follows.
a) There is one and only one correct ending to the story. This is not subjective question or something that is "open to interpretation," etc. Although it is understood that such limitations do not apply in absolute reality, they are set as rules for the purpose of this exercise, much as the letters of an alphabet are set arbitrarily but not chaotically.
b) Failure to finish the story with the single correct answer in a single sentence shall be construed as failure to answer the query as posed.
c) Hint: Consider water.

The leaf falls to the ground, it then withers, it dies, it returns to the root system. The story starts back up again, unless the man realizes that instead of making love to a corpse-animal-woman-tree-wind thing, he should instead meditate on the paranormal laws of his immediate reality and most certainly would realize he was dreaming.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well this is my second time repling, well I was ignorant at first, but now I see clearly now. Can you please read your inbox? I'd like to talk to you privately.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff

This is not entirely true, Hindu religion has and worships many gods and goddesses who are envoked via meditation and puja's, mantras and chants so it doesn't really teach the individual as a 'god'..

www.sanskrit.org...

I recommend anyone beginning in meditation learn the exact meaning of any chant or mantra before using it...for their own well being.

When you base the Hindu faith on the populace and what they believe, then it's a all buffet of different gods and goddesses, but when you base it off the Upanishads the Bhagavad Gita it is very clear that the random gods are just the many faces of the one godhead and that the Self is most certainly the one true God.

The body gives rise to the senses
the senses give rise to the mind
the mind gives rise to the intellect
the intellect gives rise to the ideas,
the ideas give rise to eternity, infinity, transcendence,
that is where the true Self hides.
edit on 20-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Why is the true Self hiding?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
When, how, why, will the world end, if it does.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have been reading that there are Dark forces who control the things that are happening in our world. For example this forces used Osama as sacrifice in order to rase the counciusness in the world. My question is do this forces exist and do they pose a threat

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join