It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think The World Will End, and other questions. Ask a demi-god and he will answer.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by infinitedarkness

Can you please answer this?

Thanks

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

What is the extent to your knowledge? Do you have answers as to the mysteries of the past? Could you tell me about me?

edit:the 2nd and 3rd questions are yes or no answer, questions

edit on 21-5-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

well kinda thanks for getting back to me i will try to work on your advise

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sorry, the rapture already happened, I'm not allowed to answer any more questions on this thread. Or maybe I just don't feel like it. There's over 400 replies, surely you have not read them all?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
well that's no way to treat a wife. You should be nice to her and treat her with respect. Maybe that warm bowl of soup is meant for her.

Interesting post OP - thanks. I laughed when I saw this reply. My wife and I pack little bags with soup, crackers, fruit, napkins, razor, soap, etc, and keep them in her car for people who look hungry. I am not saying this because we are something special in any way. It just seems more personal than tossing a dollar through the car window. We want them to know we care.

And I have known for a long time that your possessions OWN YOU. Does that mean I have none? No. But WAY less than I used to - and it is such a relief. I'd hate to lose it, but it wouldn't kill us.

I know that the most valuable possession I have is the love I get from those around me. It is given freely by them and is more valuable than gold.

I will never be one to meditate though. My mind doesn't work that way, so I take whatever time I can to quietly reflect.

Anyway - peace and pleasant thoughts to you, whatever you are.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
In your opinion or belief, why are you trapped in a cycle of reincarnation to begin with? Why are you a demi-god, rather than god? Why are you trapped within a mortal form? (And by extension, why, in your opinion or belief, are we all?)

Peace.

We become trapped in these cycles through ignorance of our true nature. The human form is an advanced species, in fact one step below God-realization. If we can gain this knowledge in this lifetime, we become god-like. When we die, we no longer return as a human being but instead stay as the infinite. It is because of our attachment to material objects that we reincarnate again and again as a human body.

But how do you believe we became ignorant of our true nature in the first place? If the premise is that we have a true nature that is beyond this corporeal reality (this reality being largely or wholly illusory) then how did this "true self" become trapped within this supposed cycle of reincarnation in the first place? Or do you believe we come into existence ignorant from the outset, and have to - essentially - "work our way up?" And if so, why is that the case in your opinion?

If this reality is an illusion which keeps us ignorant of our true natures and the infinite, why does the illusion exist in the first place at all? I have seen people answer this question by saying, "in order for us to learn." But if our true nature is infinite, what does "the infinite" need with learning? It's infinite, isn't it?

These are the questions which always plague me when delving into this philosophical subject matter and end up leaving me skeptical. Not because I'm attatched to material existence - if anything, I would just as soon be gone from this reality and from the ego and all that comes with it, even if that meant that I would no longer have any concept of self or identity (if such a thing is indeed possible) - but simply because these are legitimate questions that no one ever seems able to address. Can you give me answers to these questions that avoid that conclusion?

I'm not asking you to have all the answers. I'm just trying to get a feel for what your own personal beliefs on the matter are. Thanks!

edit on 5/29/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

But how do you believe we became ignorant of our true nature in the first place? If the premise is that we have a true nature that is beyond this corporeal reality (this reality being largely or wholly illusory) then how did this "true self" become trapped within this supposed cycle of reincarnation in the first place? Or do you believe we come into existence ignorant from the outset, and have to - essentially - "work our way up?" And if so, why is that the case in your opinion? If this reality is an illusion which keeps us ignorant of our true natures and the infinite, why does the illusion exist in the first place at all? I have seen people answer this question by saying, "in order for us to learn." But if our true nature is infinite, what does "the infinite" need with learning? It's infinite, isn't it? These are the questions which always plague me when delving into this philosophical subject matter and end up leaving me skeptical. Not because I'm attatched to material existence - if anything, I would just as soon be gone from this reality and from the ego and all that comes with it, even if that meant that I would no longer have any concept of self or identity (if such a thing is indeed possible) - but simply because these are legitimate questions that no one ever seems able to address. Can you give me answers to these questions that avoid that conclusion?

Why assume that it was forced to be trapped in a corporeal existence? If it along with it's powers and capability is infinite could it not choose to be confined? To what purpose would be the next question if the former was true I guess. If you see life as an illusion created by some unknown power and that power is aware and infinite, then that infinity would be considered the greater than the whole. This whole (again limiting word) is all there is, all there ever was, and all that will be. Awareness implies some sort of consciousness, but the word consciousness I am sure would be a limiting word because it is based on human and sub-human experiences/observations.

But the whole doesn't just want to be the whole, it wants to experience being the whole. And just like one person confined in solitary confinement with all the toys, gizmos, books etc in the world, sooner or later it's going to want to interact with something. So it makes a holographic image of it's self with infinite number of spirits that have a level of awareness of the whole, just lessened in scope. Think of being the maker of a video game; a MMORG like world of warcraft. Except you become the character and can't separate character from real life. That is how I view it at least. So the answer to the question what the reason is for all of this illusion would be The Whole one "day" got bored.
edit on 29-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: smoked a blunt

edit on 29-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I've heard that said before, as well. That may very well be. However that raises other questions, such as:

• Why do those ostensibly trying to enlighten us and free us from our prison place such great emphasis then upon "escaping" from the illusion and reacquainting ourselves with our "true selves", if we/it/whatever entered into it by choice? If we were infinite, and chose to become entangled in something less than infinite by choice, wouldn't that choice be a part of our "true selves" as well? Ergo, wouldn't this ostensibly illusory reality be an aspect of our "true selves?"
  • What is being proposed is that we need to free ourselves from this illusory reality in order to reconnect with our true natures and become one with the infinite, presumably because that existence would be freer, more true, and more representative of the ultimate reality rather than an illusory reality. Okay, that sounds great. But why then would the infinite get "bored" as you propose? If that existence is more desirable than this one, why would "it" want to leave that state? If it's to interact with something, as you say, then is not this reality a necessary component of the whole (as you said, a limiting word) that facilitates that?
  • If it didn't leave that state of infinite oneness, and it still exists in that state simultaneous with this more finite reality (and, presumably, many others,) then why, again, is there emphasis placed on escaping from this paradigm? It seems necessary to facilitate, or at least a natural consequence of, the infinite, since the infinite would naturally contain every possibility including this reality, would it not?

I'm not trying to debate, incidentally. It's just that these are the questions that keep me up for hours at night pondering and imagining (which is a worthwhile pursuit in and of itself, regardless of whether these questions can be answered, but it would be nice nonetheless lol.) Thanks and peace.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Sorry, the rapture already happened, I'm not allowed to answer any more questions on this thread. Or maybe I just don't feel like it. There's over 400 replies, surely you have not read them all?

heheh, see what i mean my friend...

Theres so many people looking for answers in this world... Advertising that you have the answers people are looking for inevitably lands you exactly where you are now... Fed up with giving answers and dealing with attacks.

I respect the fact that you want to help people, and commend your bravery for starting such a thread.

Though i knew it would end exactly this way...

Peace bro

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Thanks for answering questions for us. I do have a question though, is it wrong of me to love, romantically and otherwise, a person of the same sex? Will my spirit suffer for it in the afterlife?

Thank you again!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04

:

• Why do those ostensibly trying to enlighten us and free us from our prison place such great emphasis then upon "escaping" from the illusion and reacquainting ourselves with our "true selves", if we/it/whatever entered into it by choice? If we were infinite, and chose to become entangled in something less than infinite by choice, wouldn't that choice be a part of our "true selves" as well? Ergo, wouldn't this ostensibly illusory reality be an aspect of our "true selves?"

That's making the assumption that "those" know what they speak of. They might be wrong, and simply speak of their own truth or beliefs (the same could be said of my original post). But lets just say they are right, and it is our purpose in life to "re-awaken" why would it be a contradiction? If a child wanted to drive a car, would you infringe on his/her free will by not taking his/her choice seriously? Put another way, have you ever had a lucid dream experience? If you have then you would know the feeling on gets once he/she realizes that it is all a dream and any limitation is self imposed. Personally I do not like the term "true self", because it implies that your current self isn't true which I believe loses purpose of incarnations. Once you view life as a game played by all different characters with choice added to become one thing or another, then in my eyes it becomes more about experience rather than making "right choices".

• What is being proposed is that we need to free ourselves from this illusory reality in order to reconnect with our true natures and become one with the infinite, presumably because that existence would be freer, more true, and more representative of the ultimate reality rather than an illusory reality. Okay, that sounds great. But why then would the infinite get "bored" as you propose? If that existence is more desirable than this one, why would "it" want to leave that state? If it's to interact with something, as you say, then is not this reality a necessary component of the whole (as you said, a limiting word) that facilitates that?

Again see above. I don't think "true existence" is being the whole; true existence is all the above. If you get to the point of "true enlightment" (if such a way of Being is possible in human form) and have the ability to rise rank, or go to the highest rank (infusion with the whole), then choice is there. Again not to kill the analogy, but think of it like a video game where you have fun playing it through. This video game is special however, in that it has infinite endings, infinite plots, infinite goods guys and bad guys, and it is up to the player to decide if he/she is satisfied and wants to end his/her game, or start a new one as a different character (could choose the bad guys this time). .

• If it didn't leave that state of infinite oneness, and it still exists in that state simultaneous with this more finite reality (and, presumably, many others,) then why, again, is there emphasis placed on escaping from this paradigm? It seems necessary to facilitate, or at least a natural consequence of, the infinite, since the infinite would naturally contain every possibility including this reality, would it not?

I think the term ignorance is bliss applies. Knowing all and being all, though certainly not lacking, has it's draw backs. Would you rather be an Einstein genius that has figured out all possibilities in the game of chess, or would you rather be a person with higher intelligence than average and know how to play (and hence have competition among peers?). Look at a child and their wonder of life, everything is fresh, new, and exciting. Would you see an old man has having an advantage because he has saw and experienced almost all that that child will eventually experience? EDIT: For whatever reason my original post didn't save in whole, so for this point I'll have to write from what I thought I wrote lol.

Just remember that if a person says you must do this or that for this reason or another, it is a good idea to take it with a grain of salt. I read a lot of comments of people that consider themselves spiritual and disapprove of Judeo-Christian-Islamic beliefs because of what they believe is repressive practices and dogma, yet suscribe to their own form. Tell me the difference between choosing right or wrong based on commandments or based on "wanting to become enlightened"? Tell me the difference between wanting to escape this illusion to emerge with the whole and become enlightened or reaching God in heaven through the process of Christ consciousness? If you do bad, or sin you go to hell, if you do bad then you create hell for yourself through karma. Both are very similar, only the terms and explainations change.

This is all my opinion of course and I offer no proof whatsoever. I have come to my own conclusions (which is still evolving) from my studies of spiritually, philosophy, and religon as well as my experiences and observations of myself and others. These are my own personal thoughts from asking myself similar questions such as the ones you asked yourself. All your questions are valid and anyone seriously studing their purpose in life should approach the subject matter with a critical mind. If we were made with such minds, why would it be heresy to use them? Peace be to you brother and I wish you well with your queries.

edit on 31-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That approach I can certainly find more agreement with within myself lol. Thank-you. Peace to you as well. We're all just trying to experience and learn as we go I guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

no.... my name is not Joe.....

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join