It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think The World Will End, and other questions. Ask a demi-god and he will answer.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by filosophia

fast- thankyou, its not complete, I want to fill the inner circle once the rest is planned out properly- I dont know what to put there yet, but its cool, every step of the creation comes when its needed, no sooner, no feeling stuck (just anticipation)- its fun

The inner circle should stay as light. It makes sense on a philosophical level, not sure if it makes the same sense on an artistic level, but that's just my opinion. It's like the darkness is being removed and the pure light beyond is seen through the darkness.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

ahh will the energy get faster/stronger/ more at the disposal for those practicing?

edit: i did not mean that in a "can I get more power way" more, will the silent reality many meditators partake in, become more a part of their daily life. is this a renaissance of sorts for humanity
edit on 20-5-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

It's an individual renaissance, but more and more people are learning about meditation and spirituality so it is bound to affect the world on a larger scale.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Is this all there is?

No, there is a Self, eternal and unchanging deep within, which can be gained by withdrawing from sense perceptions and turning your perceptions inward, so your mind is aware of itself, conscious of its own consciousness. This vision allows the Self to be revealed and perceived.

I mean life, is there something after this? don't get me wrong, I am happy, I have great friends, I don't have many things, yet I have more than I need, but the suffering in this world is too much, I just hope for all of those who die unhappy to go to a better place where they will find happiness.

There is no life beyond in the sense of a different planet, even if there were, there would still be the same needs to meet like body sustenance or mental boredom. But whereever you are in this universe, your consciousness is always going to be focused on the external and it is hard to focus on the internal, but if you practice at it and learn to tap into your internal subconsciousness then no matter what life you are living in, you can always access the absolute which is beyond randomness, so in other words you will be content no matter what life you are in. If you can view life with a clear mind then you will see that anything is possible, you are no longer a slave to physical illusions but can see through the illusion to the Truth.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

Why would I ask a demi-god anything? Seriously you need to understand the heirarchy of powers. There is but one true power, the rest struggle in the great war that has been waged for millenia until the appointed time. You no more have the answers than a regular joe on the street or any one of us.

Must I state the obvious and say that if you had the answer to everything, you wouldn't be here.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

Well the one true power is Oneness, once you understand that you understand the similarity between yourself and all things, including the Joe on the street.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundofathousandbirds
Hey Man,

I'd like to get your opinion on some things if I may.

-Our goal is to know the truth-if it is universal, what is the truth? or is it different for everyone?

-How do we find it? If through meditation, are there techniques to help (Im not good at sitting cross legged for long periods
Maybe something that has been beneficial for you?

-We should seperate ourselves from material things-this is easier said and then done considering our whole society is based on money/work etc-if you dont have money you cant eat...how can we seperate ourselves to a degree where material and spiritual can co-exist (if they can!!)

-Did you have a mentor to help you, or maybe an apiphany-what lead you down a more spiritual path?

Thanks!

Truth is that which is unchanging. The material world of forms changes constantly, so this is not truth. This is why we say the material world is an illusion because it constantly changes. It has a proportion of reality to it (a temporary reality) which means a permanent reality must exist. That is the proof that an eternal truth exists, the created world's temporal reality. Once you understand the truth your mind can see it and no longer become confused by the illusions of form.

Cross legged is a good way of meditating, but it's more than just the posture, it's about understanding the non-duality of the mind. The mind forms dualities of good and bad, up and down, but the mind itself is beyond the discriminations of the mind. It's like a camera trying to see itself, it is impossible because the mind can not become objectified. However, if you attempt to do this, you get a slight impression of the "object" of the mind, and that object is truth, pure light, pure consciousness, which is used to comprehend all material things.

Moderation and minimalism helps to gradually pull back our dependency on material things. There's no reason to go extreme about it, moderation is the best method, but as soon as you realize that material things have draw backs, in fact they are build into material things, such as money, we think money makes us self sufficient, but it actually makes us dependent on more money, whereas if you were a survivalist you wouldn't need money. Similar arguments could you be used for all types of material things, like fame. The more famous you are, the more people hate you as well as love you. So the point is that material things can't bring lasting happiness, once you understand this you slowly start to grow unaccustomed to material things and instead to true happiness which is the mind.

I read ancient philosophies and meditate. I've been doing it for a while (8 years or so).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Hmm. I reckognize this type of dharma. It is taught/shared by very few genuine "bodhisattvas" today. Your specific "style" reminds me very much of two particular zen-mystics, one being the zennist www.zennist.typepad.com... a true zen sage, possessing incredible wisdom and an awesome insight/knowledge in zen-Buddhism, and of course Buddhism as originally taught by Buddha Gotama. The other one I think of is Tozen.This dharma-teacher/sage, who has written an entire sutra!! based on his spiritual insights, obviously withdraw from teaching due to old age, but one of his students, Pusan, is posting some of his teachings in you tube format with beautiful modern art and a tts engine reading his dharma. Quite a Zen experience if you ask me.. you can find it here. www.youtube.com.../u/9/s2NM1Oe2IM8

I like your insights. They are direct and chimes very much with the ones I have experienced and realized within my self through years of meditation. A bodhisattva should approach those dwelling in ignorance with skillful and expediant means. This demi-god thing is splendid approach. I bet you will attract the attention of great egos and others suffering from various spiritual delusions. Good luck.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I wonder why this thread has been moved to the offtopic section. I'm shocked. Rejecting, throwing away this kind of thread as a vulgar ordure is a true non-sense. It belongs to the philosopy and metaphysic section.

This hostility and disrespect towards filosophia is disgusting.

edit on 21-5-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Ok, fair enough, no need to fear the dissolution of our experience of reality, as our consciousness is something that was created out of eternity, and thus, can never be truly destroyed, and all we need to do in order to remain in contact with that part of ourselves, is to realise it.
edit on 21-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
filosophia

I Bless you...and you Bless me too...

Music is my energy expression of oneness in many ways....I share this. in Love and Light. The Blessing

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

Ok, fair enough, no need to fear the dissolution of our experience of reality, as our consciousness is something that was created out of eternity, and thus, can never be truly destroyed, and all we need to do in order to remain in contact with that part of ourselves, is to realise it.
edit on 21-5-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

That is true, once you realize the immortal nature of the self there is nothing to fear. All that is left is the body which could be hurt but even then the mind is well trained to overcome most discomforts so there is really nothing to fear in that category either. Fearlessness is certainly one of the virtues that comes from meditation and insight. This has to do with the knowledge that the will is either willed or it is not, and fear is the only thing that prevents the will from acting, so when you are fearless you don't hesitate to act.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

If true happiness were not permanent, it would not be true. Only things that eternally exist are authentically true.

Not at all. Happiness, True Happiness, is a state of being, and no state of being is eternal, only being. If you were eternally happy, then it would cease to be happiness, you have to find a new level of happiness. Happiness is the reward for doing something good, a part of the circle of life. You take on a challenge, you struggle to succeed, and eventually you succeed, and you are happy. You enjoy the moment for a while, and then look for new challenges.

If you have too much fun you could die or something bad could happen.

Now that is just silly. What happens is you get bored, which is why you seek out new challenges. That is the meaning of life, to grow, to make things happen.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It's true that Happiness is the reward for doing something good, because happiness is goodness, and since God is perfect Goodness, that means perfect goodness is perfect happiness. Being is happiness because it is authentic, that is, eternal being. The state of being is to say being itself, not for example a human being. Regardless, money is an example of imperfect happiness because the money runs out, it does not erase the desires but rather creates more desires since you want to buy more stuff. Only moderation and renouncing material possessions can bring lasting happiness because it is not a condition where you need more stuff.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
I wonder why this thread has been moved to the offtopic section. I'm shocked. Rejecting, throwing away this kind of thread as a vulgar ordure is a true non-sense. It belongs to the philosopy and metaphysic section.

This hostility and disrespect towards filosophia is disgusting.

edit on 21-5-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

Yes, unfortunately the powers that be decided this didn't belong in the philosophy section, but fortunately people can easily tell that this certainly is philosophy and metaphysics. Their rule of thumb may be standard in terms of moving the thread but it just gives yet another example of how philosophy is pushed aside in all modes of life; not even a conspiracy website is free from this type of bias. Of course it could be worse, they could have put the thread in the hoax section, joke or skunk work section. I must say "general chit chat" surprised me, if anything I would have just assumed they would close the thread down.
edit on 21-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

thank you for the beautiful song, its message is certainly the circle of love, all things are one and music is a great way of tapping into the inner soul and expressing this.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yeah your a joke, you can't even answer a simple question I asked. Good job joke LOL...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

If you are a demi-god as you say you are, who is your father ?

Luke?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one

Originally posted by sith9157

If you are a demi-god as you say you are, who is your father ?

Luke?

Vader!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx

Ok, Is the Iraqi dinar ever going to revalue and if so you have an idea when?

No reason to even worry about the dinar as all currencies are going to be severely crash in value soon. Best to achieve a self-sufficiency that is beyond the scope of paper currency. Paper money has no inherent value, just as the physical world has no inherent permanence, seek the authentic existence which is permanent and unchanging.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Like anything else, being obsessed with material things is bad, but having material things and recognizing their importance in life is not bad, it is a natural desire, like all desires.

Being is not happiness. We need struggle, we need conflicts, we need challenges. That is what life is all about, not seeking out some eternal bliss.

If God wanted us to be perfect, he would have created us perfect. Our imperfection is what enables us to evolve, become better, and thus help God evolve.

To seek eternal happiness, perfection, or bliss is to seek stagnation, to stop evolving and growing, and that is bad.

There is not reason to reject materialism, or pleasure or passion, or sport or competition, as long as you do not become obsessed with these things, and let them take over your life.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That makes absolutely no sense. The dinar is backed and not just printed out of thin air like the USD. No matter what happens to the USD or EURO or any other currencies it will have little to no effect on the IQD. And second, I honestly dont believe the dollar will crash, I believe it will be replaced long before it crashes.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join