It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think The World Will End, and other questions. Ask a demi-god and he will answer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by filosophia

I wish to see every tear wiped from the eyes of all, and no more death, mourning, crying, or pain for people to bear.

Thanks.
edit on 5/20/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

The way to the end of suffering is through enlightenment. An image in the sky or in the sun won't save people. What people need is authentic wisdom. They need to let go of their materialist obsessions and move into the realm of their mind. They need to meditate and think deeply on the spiritual life. They also must overcome their religious barriers and research the ancient religions such as the Upanishads and Buddhism. They must see that God is not a foreign object they must give tithings to but the very spirit within their body.

The Christian faith states that only Jesus is God, but the Hindu faith teaches that 'I am That' meaning everyone is that true nature. The soul is perceived to be identical with God in the state of meditation where the concentration fixes on a single point and you become aware of the Self beyond the body.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

So where do you feel rapture would take any?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What do my mortal eyes see?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Are these may 21st fanatics all going to go to meet up at some compound in Texas, commit group suicide and call that the rapture?

It is possible that a small group will do such a thing to give a bad name to the group. You have to wonder that the religious crowd picked 2012 for their "rapture" but now have switched it rather suddenly to May 21 because of some generic mathematical manipulation of the bible. It's almost like demonic powers are trying to make this May 21 a laughing stock so the 2012 theories will get less attention, producing a "been there, done that" kind of attitude. Regardless...

The "raptures" never happen. Throughout history, every single rapture has failed to materialize, although there are always individual "raptures"/ catastrophes but these are usually never predicted. What these so called religious people need to realize is that aliens are not going to just beam them up from planet earth, nor is their messiah going to come and save the day. They need to focus a little more on their own spiritual growth and less on aspirations of the end of the world. They need to focus less on prayer and more on meditation.

Too much prayer makes people forget their own divine nature. And too much fear mongering over the world ending brings about pessimistic fears and paranoia.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Where would the rapture take place: never
Who would the rapture take? No one.

The divine spirit comes from the individual, not from the skies. Only human beings can tap into the divine nature. If there were a project blue beam to lead people astray, it would matter little to the man of enlightenment.
edit on 20-5-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones7885

Matter.

What does your immortal mind see?

Your true Self.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No you are not a Demi god. You are just an ordinary person who is either bored or has too much time in their hands. Stop wasting your time and go get laid or something.
edit on 20-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Where did i leave my keys?

The real question is, why do you have keys? What fear is driving you to lock yourself out of your possessions? See how funny materialism is, you work and you work for a place to live and a car to drive and then you lock yourself out of them and then lose your keys. Compare this to a man in the wilderness who has nothing but his mind to work on, what problem could possibly arise to him who has everything he needs?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"give a bowl of soup to the next bum you meet".
Dont think my wife would be impressed with me pouring
hot soup over her arse......

link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
No you are not a Demi god. You are just an ordinary person who is either bored or has too much time in their hands. Stop wasting your time and go get laid or something.
edit on 20-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

No, I am a demi-god. It is the proper way of explaining it. To say I was God would be a step too far, but saying I am a demi-god is far within the rules. I never said I could see out of people's eyes or find their keys, they assumed that by themselves, they played into my mirror of possibilities, which goes along with the abilities of a demi-god. But a demi-god's true power lies in knowing his divine nature. My divine nature is none other than God. However, being trapped in a mortal body, I am part man, but while some people are more animal than man, I am more god than man.

link   

This is not entirely true, Hindu religion has and worships many gods and goddesses who are envoked via meditation and puja's, mantras and chants so it doesn't really teach the individual as a 'god'..

www.sanskrit.org...

I recommend anyone beginning in meditation learn the exact meaning of any chant or mantra before using it...for their own well being.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Where would the rapture take place: never
Who would the rapture take? No one.

The divine spirit comes from the individual, not from the skies. Only human beings can tap into the divine nature. If there were a project blue beam to lead people astray, it would matter little to the man of enlightenment.

Thats the answer I seeked
S&F for the answer

edit on 5/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stu2112
"give a bowl of soup to the next bum you meet".
Dont think my wife would be impressed with me pouring
hot soup over her arse......

well that's no way to treat a wife. You should be nice to her and treat her with respect. Maybe that warm bowl of soup is meant for her.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff

This is not entirely true, Hindu religion has and worships many gods and goddesses who are envoked via meditation and puja's, mantras and chants so it doesn't really teach the individual as a 'god'..

www.sanskrit.org...

I recommend anyone beginning in meditation learn the exact meaning of any chant or mantra before using it...for their own well being.

When you base the Hindu faith on the populace and what they believe, then it's a all buffet of different gods and goddesses, but when you base it off the Upanishads the Bhagavad Gita it is very clear that the random gods are just the many faces of the one godhead and that the Self is most certainly the one true God.

The body gives rise to the senses
the senses give rise to the mind
the mind gives rise to the intellect
the intellect gives rise to the ideas,
the ideas give rise to eternity, infinity, transcendence,
that is where the true Self hides.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Where did i leave my keys?

The real question is, why do you have keys? What fear is driving you to lock yourself out of your possessions? See how funny materialism is, you work and you work for a place to live and a car to drive and then you lock yourself out of them and then lose your keys. Compare this to a man in the wilderness who has nothing but his mind to work on, what problem could possibly arise to him who has everything he needs?

Actually i have them to start my car... I have no fears in life my friend. I was posing a question to watch you fail at answering it... Though i admit i wasn't expecting the answer you gave.

Perhaps then you might discribe what makes you a demi-god... It seems to me you're placing yourself on a pedestal and if this is the case, theres many who will knock you off of said pedestal faster then you climbed up there....myself being one of them.

So please explain

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

without keys you can't start your car, thus you have locked yourself from starting your car. Imagine if your car just had a button that needed to be pushed. It would then be impossible to lose your keys since your car wouldn't need keys.

This is an analogy of materialism. With materialism, there is always some snag that would not be there if you weren't dependent on it in the first place.

I do not need a pedestal, therefore I can not be knocked off.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Matter.

Your true Self.

A simple answer... and when I look deeper what is it that matter wants me to see? When I turn and look the other way what do I feel?

Carrying the source of the great central sun, where do I exist above mind and body?

In my toil I am happy still. My questions will end soon enough dear one
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

i dont need a key to start my car !

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

fine fine, you still didn't explain what i asked of you...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Matter.

Your true Self.

A simple answer... and when I look deeper what is it that matter wants me to see? When I turn and look the other way what do I feel?

Carrying the source of the great central sun, where do I exist above mind and body?

In my toil I am happy still.

glad you understand. Though the one thing I could add is that toil is the antithesis of happiness, thus upon achieving happiness your toil disappears.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join