It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Think The World Will End, and other questions. Ask a demi-god and he will answer.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Here's the ultimate question of questions:

Magnets, how do they work?

the law of attraction

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yup, no believe. We all know the real answer is: magic.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
reply to post by MischeviousElf

you say in over 30 years of reading and practice, you've never heard the phrase "teach enlightenment" but what was it that you were reading? People trying to teach enlightenment.

Reading the Buddhist Gospels. The Canons and Palis both baskets.

Never saw it not once, maybe did but have forgotten.

This is what I am trying to show how apparent it is Sophi to anyone who is not gullable, or actually knows these things.

You are still holding on to the idea that enlightenment can be taught.

Even here, and considering the post you put this in responce too was long and you did not answer any of those questions, lets just concentrate on what you brought up.

Firstly not just "reading" sophi often in face to face discussions and sharings with sangha and teachers, you cant get the Pithe understanding from written word alone. I feel the way you word your reply indicates that all of your knowledge has come from reading and not much one to one or group work/study/practise.

Not knocking that just pointing it out and also further indicates a lack of true experience away from what youve read and write here.

Now in the post you respond to you also state about the Buddha Nature, the essence of enlightenment within all of, the unknown, uncreated, timeless free of ego mind.

You posit there that is the part that becomes enlightened is within us all, though you are correct on this you then state falsely that it is the "SELF" that reaches enlightenment, either way if no self is present ie the traditional Buddhist Model or a self is present and glorified i.e. your position you are clearly showing and stating a belief there that this thing is within you, or the person being enlightened, it is not something seperate from them gained from "outhere" in fact if the self is the source of this enlightenment as you say it CAN ONLY BE WITHIN YOU and never never anywhere else.

Now if its this seperate defined likes and dislikes personality self ego part of us that becomes enlightened how could one Self ever possibly teach another Self Enlightenment?

They would be totally seperate experiences (in nature of experience phenomina seen abilities Pyschic etc which ALL the texts and teachings show are NOT) for each person who became enlightened. It would be impossible to teach your elightenment to another self.

In addition to this you show dissonance on one hand saying as shown it is something solid seperate and only within our self, then saying you have this ability to give it to others to "teach" them it, to pass it from you to them.

Make your mind up lol.

Enlightenment is a by product of something else. It cant be taught, transferred or really described anyhow. Even setting it as an goal would lead you the other way, it is like waves from a bough of a ship, secondary part of a way of life but not it.

To postulate you can teach enlightenment is like Einstien saying he could Genius.

He would never claim such a thing as being truley a genius he knew it was impossible. He would teach Physics though

The same as an true Enlightened Buddhist would Teach Compassion and Dharma.

There are many places though a "Guru" even with the robes and beards, sandals and beads will teach you "enlightenment" maybe even in the foothills of the himalayas, incense burning, own temples, they to will pass this Enlightened love of Self to you, for $10,000 or so :-)

Elf

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha
Elf

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
filosophia,

What is your favorite Upanishad?
Have you read Panchadasi and/or Pavitra's notebook?
Have you ever heard about Mirra Alfassa and Sri Aurobindo?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

do you think that meditating is beneficial in helping me facing my challenges?

like i just started at a new working place, which is an incredibly hard job with lots of pressure and expectations from my superiors, this job drains me mentally, every day overtime till 10 - 12 hours a day...but i need to get through it since my families well being is dependent on it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Now it may be intentional, and as the thread author and demi god you have that right, you skipped mine back on page 16...

It also could have just been a mistake, but if you're not going to reply could you at least let me know so I don't wate my time coming back and hanging around... thanks a lot...

Peace!

edit on 20-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: funny fingers

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

True happiness is not a state of being, it is something we find now and then for a very short time. Continuous true happiness is not something anyone should seek, because it would only leading tho them losing true happiness for a very very long time.

Well, if you quickly blew your lottery money, you could have a really good time, maybe do some fabulous stuff. It is only the need to hang onto money that turns it into your prisoner, because money has power.

The way it goes, very short version, is that power has gravity, which pulls things to it. The more power you have, the more is pulled to you, and this can make you a prisoner. The more power you have, the less freedom you have, and visa versa. Its all a give and take arrangement.

We all have that divine spark within us, it is just a matter of what we do with it, to avoid becoming stagnate.

If true happiness were not permanent, it would not be true. Only things that eternally exist are authentically true.

If you have too much fun you could die or something bad could happen. Plus you may never get over the rush and it would leave you feeling empty inside because you would try and gain happiness from material expense. And if you tries to save it for retirement you would constantly worry someone was trying to scam you out of it.

Gravity is a physical force, and can not affect the mind that sees beyond the physical shape of reality. That essence is untouched by gravity.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

it sounded like you were being possessed by something, or you were having some type of recurring thought in your head you couldn't control. It would be best to take control in those situations and tell yourself to take control and not let anything interfere with your thinking.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar

do you think that meditating is beneficial in helping me facing my challenges?

like i just started at a new working place, which is an incredibly hard job with lots of pressure and expectations from my superiors, this job drains me mentally, every day overtime till 10 - 12 hours a day...but i need to get through it since my families well being is dependent on it

Meditation could help. You can meditate in the bathrooms or other private areas, if you can learn to meditate all it takes is five minutes to clear your head and be ready to focus again. I used meditation a lot at work, it also can be done while working but that is a more advanced technique.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
filosophia,

What is your favorite Upanishad?
Have you read Panchadasi and/or Pavitra's notebook?
Have you ever heard about Mirra Alfassa and Sri Aurobindo?

anything with Yajnavalkya and the Katha
no
no

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
what do you think of my painting ?

figure Id ask someone who claims they are a demi god- not a hijack

edit on 20-5-2011 by el1jah because: My ipod sucks

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

You say enlightenment can not be taught, so why would the Buddha teach if that were the case? Also, I am not talking just from reading but from meditation experience. Also, I have group experience, not just online but in person.

It is true that the only person that can enlighten you is yourself. But there is no harm trying to help people along the way.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Is this all there is?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Is this all there is?

No, there is a Self, eternal and unchanging deep within, which can be gained by withdrawing from sense perceptions and turning your perceptions inward, so your mind is aware of itself, conscious of its own consciousness. This vision allows the Self to be revealed and perceived.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
What do you think of my painting?

www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">My painting
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-5-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

It's nice, the man opening his mind's eyes and entering into the realm of light where the light is omni-consciousness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
And for now I shall depart, I will make some posts tomorrow morning but my last word of advice is relax, there is no rapture, if you are already awakened there should be no problem, and if you are not, then maybe you're in for an interesting day.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

fast- thankyou, its not complete, I want to fill the inner circle once the rest is planned out properly- I dont know what to put there yet, but its cool, every step of the creation comes when its needed, no sooner, no feeling stuck (just anticipation)- its fun

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

ahh will the energy get faster/stronger/ more at the disposal for those practicing?

edit: i did not mean that in a "can I get more power way" more, will the silent reality many meditators partake in, become more a part of their daily life. is this a renaissance of sorts for humanity
edit on 20-5-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

link   

Meditation could help.

NOt much faith there Sophi surely being enlightened its Meditate Meditate Meditate to get there?

Thought being enlightened and all you would be quite partial to this?

if you can learn to meditate

Its something we learn? again?

Strange thought letting go wasa pretty ggod way to approach it?

I used meditation a lot at work, it also can be done while working but that is a more advanced technique.

Oh so you have times being enlightened when you are mediatating and times when you are not.

How fascinating.

A First someone who is enlightened but is not even yet an "stream enterer" wow the plot thickens.

Strange thought enlightenment as in the King or Raga Yogi texts occured when absorbsion ie total concentration occured at all times on all objects or all experiences simultanously.

When meditating and not meditating have lost meaning as you are always in that state of concentration.

Elf

link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Is this all there is?

No, there is a Self, eternal and unchanging deep within, which can be gained by withdrawing from sense perceptions and turning your perceptions inward, so your mind is aware of itself, conscious of its own consciousness. This vision allows the Self to be revealed and perceived.

I mean life, is there something after this? don't get me wrong, I am happy, I have great friends, I don't have many things, yet I have more than I need, but the suffering in this world is too much, I just hope for all of those who die unhappy to go to a better place where they will find happiness.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join