It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macho Man Randy Savage dies!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eleventhsun

RIP, Macho Man.

In memorium - interview with Mean Gene:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
RIP Macho man. I just started listening to your rap a few weeks ago

www.youtube.com...

Could someone embed this please.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
it really a sad day, that guy was my hero, i still have his autographs

Damn,a part of my childhood just died

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As a wrestling fan for 20+years ild have to say Savage was a a great performer and will be truly missed. Its just too ba d WWE didn't induct him into the Hall Of Fame before he died. Thanks for the memories Macho Man

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Apparently he had a heart attack while driving this morning and died in the crash.

I first saw Randy back in the late 70's and early 80's. He was wrestling in his dad's (Angelo Poffo) promotion the ICW. The were based out of Kentucky and of course Angelo often booked his son's Randy and Lanny to be the top stars.

Randy and Lanny were so different. It was easy to see even back then that Randy had "it". He just needed the break. Look at these early shows and you'll see the start of the guy that millions cheered for when he later worked for Vince.

Here he is with Bob Orton (Randy Orton's dad)

Here's another - skip to about 1:12 if you want to go straight to the interview. Listen to the whole thing if you want to get an idea of the Randy's wrestling roots. He shared a card with a bear at one time...

Ever wonder where Randy and Miss Elizabeth met?? Check out who is the TV hostess here.
Yup - that's her. Then check out Randy vs Adrian Street

Soon after he went to Jerry Lawler's promotion where the feud with Lawler put him on the wrestling map.

RIP Randy. Say what you will about him - he entertained millions, made them cheer and forget their problems for awhile. That is not a bad legacy at all.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stringycheeseman
RIP Macho man. I just started listening to your rap a few weeks ago

www.youtube.com...

Could someone embed this please.

I had not heard this before. At this particular moment, all i can honestly say, is that it was not as bad as I was expecting. It is definitely interesting.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Macho Man Randy Savage & Zeus Vs. Hulk & Brutus (Summerslam 1989 Lead up)
A mix of clips that lead up to the Summerslam Match

These also seem appropriate:

Miss Elizabeth Tribute
Audio- Joe Cocker: "You Are So Beautiful"

Tribute To Wrestlers That Have Died
Audio- 'Seether'

Wrestlers Who Died Under The Age Of 50
Listed- Picture, Name, Age, and Cause of Death- for each
Audio- 'City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra'

edit on 5/21/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NNEECE

Randy Savage was 58 but was basically retired since 2005 when he made his last In-Ring apperances at TNA
And actually, there are a lot of wrestlers who lived long lives or are still active. Hogan and Flair are nearly or over 60, Gypsy Joe is 74 and still active, Abdullah the Butcher is nearly 70 and still does hardcore matches.
And there are a lot of other older wrestlers.
Some of the wrestlers who died in the last years died because of accidents, like Owen Hart, Mitsuharu Misawa or now Randy Savage.
Those wrestlers who die under 50 are actually nearly all from WWF/E (and to a lesser extent WCW). The harsh touring schedule, the 'need to stay at the top' and too many matches (in the late 80's and early 90's some wrestlers had up to 400 matches per year, two matches on saturday in different towns)
Many wrestlers worked with injuries, took painkillers or steroids so they could continue working (or else they would've been fired)
Like The Undertaker who worked some matches, including the famous Hell in a Cell Match from 1998 against Mick Foley with a broken foot, it's one example how destructive the WWE is.

It's not Pro-Wrestling itselfs that kills the wrestlers, it's just WWE and their stupid touring schedules with too many house shows
All those independent wrestlers generally survive and if they die it's mostly drug overdoses or suicide like Larry Sweeney a couple of weeks ago.

That being said, i was quite shocked yesterday when i heard the news about the passing of Randy Savage. He was one of my favourites, i liked him in WWF and WCW, his gimmicks, be it Macho Man or Macho Madness were great. He will be missed.
Now i just hope that stupid Vince McMahon gets over whatever grudge he had with Savage and gives him a good tribute on Sunday or Monday at Raw.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join