It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principal under fire after student he hypnotized commits suicide.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

1. The guy was licensed.
2. The parents agreed.
3. The student either agreed and was hypnotized or did not agree and therefore was NOT hypnotized.

The Drug overdose:
1. Completely unrelated.
2. The Drug overdose could be because it came out the student was on drugs during the session and he overdosed due to fear.
3. He was in the session to get OFF drugs
4. His pusher (another student) found out he was hypnotized and was afraid he was about to be fingered and killed the kid.

I vote for either #1 - Unrelated or #4 - Killed to shut his mouth.
edit on 20-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Wow! I hope this story is accurate! What a condemnation of the practice of hypnosis, and particularly in its casual use by incompetent practitioners.

But we have a long way to go before we understand the true nature of this mental technology. Here's a bit of what I know and think about it:

Hypnosis has been known and practiced in the "East" from ancient times, and was written about in Persia at least as early as 1,000 AD. It came to the west via these sources, apparently, and was popularized by people like Mesmer starting in the late 1700's.

It plays a prominent role in the stories of mind control and abduction victims, but has been given a benign reputation in the MSM from its reported therapeutic benefits.

My understanding of how it works is that it gives the practitioner access to a part of the mind which I know as the "reactive mind" and which others might know as the "animal" or "reptilian" mind. This mind provides an almost direct link between the perceptions and the motor controls. It is responsible for the jerk-away reaction when you touch something hot. But it can be "programmed" to respond to any stimulus, including words. It generally takes priority over the "analytical mind" and this priority can only be overcome with extreme self-training. Its contents are not normally available for analysis, as they are not meant to be analyzed. Hypnosis is one of many methods that can be used to alter the contents of this mind. A person can learn to do this analytically on his own determinism. When a practitioner does this, he is basically giving the "patient" a very deep reactive "habit" (or program) that has high command value on the body and that is determined by the practitioner, normally without the conscious knowledge or consent of the "patient." This is why many of us consider it a dangerous technology and warn people against using it.

Though this story does not prove that the hypnosis caused this boy's death, I hope the connection made will spark a serious re-thinking about the use of hypnosis, especially in casual and uncontrolled situations.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

If anyone buys the hypnosis is innocent....

I have ocean front property

to sale in Oklahoma!!!

This hypnosis principal should be tried for murder.

Capitol punishment shall be administered.

edit on 21-5-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's hard to say what really happened here. I was a pretty depressed kid back when I was in school; the fact that my parents made me go see a 'psychologist' just made me feel worse about myself because nobody else I knew was so mentally anguished at that age. When I would go see her she would just ask me questions that reminded me how screwed up my family life was, I would be lying if I said that I didn't try to kill myself a few times simply because I was being forced to engage in some sort of astranged "mental therapy".

Looking back on the situation, my parents sure put out a lot of money for that "educated lady" to send my mental state spiralling downward... Don't be fooled by this "omg it relaxes you and helps you cope" crap that any 'mental therapist' wants to do to you. They just want your money and rarely have anything to offer if they aren't just making things worse by making you feel like you're crazy because you 'need them'. They're about as useful as politicians.
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join