It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIKE A THIEF IN THE NIGHT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I Thessalonians 5. Read it. Learn it. Love it.

It is now 12:48 on the Pacific rim. I can officially report that the rapture has not arrived.

May 21 - debunked.

Let's put a nail in this ugly coffin and get back to preparing for HIM in our hearts, not our calendars!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
it starts at 6:00 pm

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well said, no one knows the exact time and date.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Despite this , Rapture bull#, let me say your a bit of a aw. Enough of the nonsense threads,

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

One prepares by acting in love and looking within for the light of the kingdom in all. And behold, there he is, was, and always will be.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grinitagi
Despite this , Rapture bull#, let me say your a bit of a aw. Enough of the nonsense threads,

Ummm...I've only posted eight threads in the history of ATS.

Is it OK with you if I post a few more today, Capn' ?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Using this reasoning you can delay it forever by simply predicting it every day.

There is a difference between knowing for sure... and guessing correctly.

Also that book has been twisted by many hands.

And why only focus on HIM? There are a lot of great teachings to be explored out there.

Namaste.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Now we know the rapture isnt happening, are you continuing to live in sin or now even more compelled to get right with our Heavenly Father and live righteous?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by grinitagi

Ummm...I've only posted eight threads in the history of ATS.

Is it OK with you if I post a few more today, Capn' ?

Please include more pics of who ever is in your avatar....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

She might want to rethink the avatar, since she claims to have gotten away from the Mormon religion, yet is still directing us to read scripture.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wether anything noticable happens or not, you cant prove that a 'rapture' didn't happen.
Maybe nobody is worthy of being raptured.
As for 'the thief in the night' argument, cant god over rule some old book?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thief in the night, no man knows the hour..yeah yeah, BUT, Jesus also gave his followers things to look for and signs to watch for to know that it was close. AND, I can attest, it is much closer now than ever before. It may have a long way to go yet but I really dont know how much worse this world can get before it implodes. That being said, Harold Camping is still way off his rocker.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoingDrk
reply to post by Akragon

She might want to rethink the avatar, since she claims to have gotten away from the Mormon religion, yet is still directing us to read scripture.

heh... who cares. If she looks like that i'll read anything she wants me to...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Or it's just a multi-verse split and everyone gets to experience what they believe will happen and never be the wiser.

The thief in the night is a metaphor for coming when most people are "asleep". The scripture even goes on to say that those not in the darkness will not be surprised. Well look around... how many people who *do* believe that someone is coming to save them are dismissing this prediction? Wouldn't they qualify as being asleep and would be surprised if it actually *did* happen on that date? Wouldn't this be fulfilling the very scripture supposedly being used to debunk it?

bible.cc...

So I say back to you, Partygirl... read it... learn it... love it.

All of that said, I'm still looking forward to starting my new awesome gig on Monday.

Namaste

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

You know what, you are right.

I like that photo but I think it's causing people to react to me in a certain way and maybe that's not such a good thing.

Thanks for the advice

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

reply to post by Akragon

You know what, you are right.

I like that photo but I think it's causing people to react to me in a certain way and maybe that's not such a good thing.

Thanks for the advice

Awww....fail

Way to go man, ye scared her off... erm... maybe that was me?

Teehee

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This will never come to pass until all scripture is fulfilled, we have not lost a 3rd of mankind and the antichrist has not brought about anything close to world peace. When the world is at ease after great tribulation then the King of kings will return when least expected, like a thief in the nite...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Agreed

There is no need to worry about dates; just follow the LORD as instructed.

Why do some perhaps-well-meaning-but-silly people always have to make simple things so complicated?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

May 21 - debunked.

The prediction was "debunked" months ago, where have you been???

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join