It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This may be a rather odd question, but what about the children? If (I’m not sure what I believe yet) TEOTW does happen, What are your plans with your children? A lot of us live in a such a modernized life now a days that I don’t think my Daughter would survive. Physically and mentally. Call me a bad parent if you want but I have a very Picky eater and I don’t think that she would eat anything that would be available in a situation like this. What about daily activities?? While the Adults are “trying to survive” I’m sure my 3 year old isn’t going to sit there and twiddle her thumbs all day.

I guess my question is what are your plans for your children? Are you making special preparations for them?

B

edit on 5/20/2011 by Britx because: Typo

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I really wouldn't worry about *picky eaters*. Children will eat anything when they are hungry enough. It's only us as parents that allow them to get away with this picky-ness for so long, since we will offer something else the moment they turn their noses up at a meal.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

They are just going to have to suck it up like everybody else. The emergency does not care how old kids are. Yes, should something happen we will then see how much of a disservice people have done to their kids by spoon-feeding and handing everything on a silver platter. There is no answer, we will just have to explain to them the circumstances and hope they get it. They will have to start taking more responsibility and will have a lot more expectations put upon them. I have not made any special arrangements for them, they get the same thing I get and they will just have to deal with it.

The bright side, kids are very resilient and with the proper guidance they will be fine.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Real life is harsh my kids got that lesson early on in life they witnessed their big brother murdered...
but kids are stronger then we give them credit for...more than once they tried to comfort me...

now their all grown my youngest will be going off to ARMY boot camp this June...
My daughter still lives with me so does my adorable little granddaughter...

Talk to them... you might be surprised to find they have the same fears and worries... together you can come up with a plan a just in case what to do.... not talking to them will only increase that fear and uncertainty and exasperate the situation if it comes

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I was just speaking in general terms. I mean.. no matter how smart I think my 3 year old is I honestly don’t think she will understand it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
I was just speaking in general terms. I mean.. no matter how smart I think my 3 year old is I honestly don’t think she will understand it.

She'll soon start imitating you, no need to bombard a baby with facts. Just get her involved in stuff to take her mind off the upheaval.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

When there is only ABC to eat, children will eat. We all will so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Being picky only means that you have choices to pick from.

There will be a lot of things the little ones can do to help out and this eventually will be their way of life so it will fill their time but a small deck of cards and a few portable games (nothing with batteries lol) can go a long way as well.

Children will adapt faster than some adults IMO. We are too set in our ways while children are still a clean slate.

Good Post.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Dont waste the bullets, smash em in the head its mercifull. Or if your feeling froggy you can tell em to take a bath and drown them Best part is there meat is plenty tender so you can get a few good meals out of them aswell. Just make sure you get them gutted and processed before they go bad.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The good thing bout children is they have their innocence. They dont know that some things are icky or gross, they wont have a care in the world when it comes to pooping in the woods, unlike some adults who are squeamish on mice and snakes, etc. My 2 year old saw a dead fish yesterday that his daddy caught, it didnt freak him out in the least, he just said "fish?" and even watched daddy clean it.

As far as picky eating...they wont be when theyre no longer fed on a routine. As a mother i get to the point where i dont always wait until hes hungry to feed him, therefore he will only eat what he wants bc hes not exactly starving. My son stopped wanting to drink anything other than apple juice, so he no longer got it. I didnt want him to just not drink anything but apple juice was causing too many problems and i wanted him to switch to water. He fought and fought it. He finally decided 'hey, im thirsty, i think i'll drink' and there you have it, he drinks water regularly now. They wont need to know the technicalities of the situation, just the basic discipline to listen to your commands (such as stay here, follow me, let's run, etc). Even the little bitties can realize when its no longer time to pretend to be dora/diego and time to listen and survive.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I guess it's all in how they were raised. I have eight grandchildren, some think they cannot survive without McDonald's and some only need a bow, rifle or fishing pole. I think children are very adaptable. I think many will welcome contributing to the survival of the family.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't and wont have kids, but I am ok with the fact that those of us that don't know how to survive, wont survive.

Do I want people to die? no. But do I care if a family of suburbanites die because they can't figure out what is wrong with the drive-thru? Not in the slightest.

top topics

join