It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Circuitry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
has anyone heard of liquid circuitry. the process i propose is summed up as a new concept that is going to make the world look at the redundancy of metal in symetrical structures equal to or greater than the mapping of an inverted logarithm. i feel that this concept will revolutionize the interpretation and assessment of similar atomic structures found to be prevelant in everyday life. the concept will provide additional support to formulate the emperical evidence sorrouding the origins of the atomic chart. the end result will present a simplified form of automechanical evolution yeilding continuious production. simplified, it would consist of electrical circuits that are able to be poured into a mold and assume that exact shape. the circuit then operates as it normally would allowing the manufacturing to be expedited and mass produced to fit whatever the designated space may be. assuming that the volume of the circuitry is the same as the intended recepticle, this maximizes the space used and will allow for an even more condensed aplication. the consistancy of the circuit is that of a gel. do you believe the concept will become a reality?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I haven't heard of it, even though I work in the semiconductor industry. It might be more like Bio-electrics, or how living things distribute electric signals around their bodies. You can make a liguid gel charged battery. But if something like that was to have circuits, the circuits would have to be arranged in an oganized fashion in order to be useful. Nanobots in the gel could do it, smart proteins might work. You just can't pour it in their and have it work, another process would have to come into play and make the arrangement of circuitry. Now if the gel was a distibuting mass of components and power, and the little circuit pieces were wirelessly networked rather than actually connected, then maybe it might function. It would probably then be like an FPGA chip, where the chip is nothing more than a huge array of special gates, and software can rewrite the order and purpose of those gates in milliseconds to change the function of the chip.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dribbler
simplified, it would consist of electrical circuits that are able to be poured into a mold and assume that exact shape

I can see how CAPT PROTON's description involving nano-bots or smart proteins might work, but using molds won't work for two reasons:
1) if you use molds you're grossly limiting your scale of operation. With any given state of technology, etching can be done with finer detail than using molds
2) you still need different doping for different parts of the circuit; that's true for all circuit technologies, both digital and analog

new topics

join