It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many negative news reports in the news.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Am I right to notice that the news on radio and television mostly consists of negative news reports?

Why should negative news have priority or precedence over positive, happy things that occur? Is negative news important for the stock-exchange or is it the only way to attract viewers/listeners and make the ratings more interesting?

Is it because there are more negative things happening then positive things? Isn't it a world of Jing and Jang?

I can understand that it is big news when a massive earthquake is hitting Japan and should be told. Or is there not much positive news that can compete with negative news?

Does news in general have effect on the mood people have?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
It's been like that for decades....never noticed that before?

Death, pain and suffering sells.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Zatara, it has always been this way......always.......

The media always focuses on the negative stuff because they say it's what sells......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

it seams that people just like bad-news.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
As the media is a corporate controled part of the NWO, i believe its to condition people into wanting a police state.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
As the media is a corporate controled part of the NWO, i believe its to condition people into wanting a police state.

I agree. When it gets to a point and they say we need to change things to provide more security. People will be more likely to give up freedom.
edit on 20-5-2011 by signwearer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I believe negative news does have an impact on people's thoughts and feelings. I am also tired of hearing mostly negative news.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by winds

Or can it just be the fact that bad news is regarded entertainment. It is all about the ratings for TV-stations.....maybe it is in humans nature to love hear and watch terrible things happening to others.

If there is a marriage going on in the front of some church and two cars have collided into eachother in the same street....where would the bystanders go and watch...?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The social mood of the people is getting more negative. This is reflected by the news stories people are choosing to talk about. Social moods go in different waves. If you want to learn more about it you can study socionomics.
www.elliottwave.com...

However beware that if you start studying the stock market as it relates to it, the people at elliottwave are always more negative than society is when it comes to their forecasts. In other words, you could lose money if you follow their forecasts. However I found the wave theory and information I've picked up about socionomics to be very interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I can remember back when ABC, and CBS were the only 2 channels we go. Ever since then it has been a harbinger of mostly bad news and gladiator games. All of this bad news also has a desensitizing effect on many people. When people hear the word 'terrorist' now, it's just another buzzword like Cold War. But 20 years ago people would have dropped what they were doing to listen. Things that were so shocking to us decades ago are now casual nuances. It's a crazy world

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by zatara

You are absolutely right. Although all the negative news reports dampen my mood just a little, I will admitt that when there is a positive news report, I don't pay attention. Ask me a few minutes about what was said in the good news and I'll go blank or have choppy memory. But ask me what was said in bad news, I remember all the details.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd also rather hear the news if it's going to adversely affect me rather than hear good news that won't mean anything to me or affect me in any way except maybe to hear something positive is going on in the world.

For instance if Germany bails out Italy, then S&P says they'll downgrade Germany's credit rating if they do that, then I want to hear about it because that could affect my retirement account. Even though the mainstream news outlets in the US never seem to report real stories about what is going on or hardly spend more than a couple seconds on the real story. Instead they'll spend hours talking about someone who lost their kid and the court case is dragging on about who did it. If there is a positive story out there about someone saving other people's lives or some other story, it may get reported and then quickly forgotten. That's nice to hear but it won't affect our everyday lives or retirement accounts. However the news about someone who lost their kid and is involved in a long court case probably will not affect our lives either.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Don't watch the MSM for news or anything else.

It is ALL propaganda and very negative and depressing besides being mostly untruthful.

Try to get all your information from newspapers online.

I read mostly foreign newspapers not U.S. newspapers.

Life will be a lot better for you.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Am I right to notice that the news on radio and television mostly consists of negative news reports?

Why should negative news have priority or precedence over positive, happy things that occur? Is negative news important for the stock-exchange or is it the only way to attract viewers/listeners and make the ratings more interesting?

Is it because there are more negative things happening then positive things? Isn't it a world of Jing and Jang?

I can understand that it is big news when a massive earthquake is hitting Japan and should be told. Or is there not much positive news that can compete with negative news?

it's in preparatoin for the real second coming.. the coming of the 'son of man' no this is not a Christian post.. this is people evolving with super powers.. when they start saving the day.. you'll see positive reports in the news.. this crappy age of negative news stories is to prepare that age with contrasting negative stories.

ie: going to seem all the more powerful and awe inspiring in stark contrast to the negative things you hear about today... .and to come...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

it's in preparatoin for the real second coming.. the coming of the 'son of man' no this is not a Christian post.. this is people evolving with super powers.. when they start saving the day.. you'll see positive reports in the news.. this crappy age of negative news stories is to prepare that age with contrasting negative stories.

ie: going to seem all the more powerful and awe inspiring in stark contrast to the negative things you hear about today... .and to come...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I have an opinion or two on this.

In journalism they say, " If it bleeds, it leads " It's based on "Negative Sensationalism" !!

I think in reporting negative news there is another thing we should think about. That is the news is not balanced for a reason. The newscasters on tv aren't reporters, they read a teleprompter and regurgitate the same things over and over about little that is important to most peoples lives. They make it sound like it is something worthy of attention , when it's just nothing more than a distraction or petty overall.

Lastly, I think if the owners of the media and the people they hold accountable for the news production in the studios' wanted to run more " Uplifting Stories" they could..

You see when your happier, you make better decisions and think more clearly.. The powers of this world don't want you awake and free of worry.. If that were the case , more people would be more involved confronting the leaders , rather than worrying over things they are being told to worry about..!!!

Thx for the thread. This is just one side of thought

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

All I can suggest is that you read naomi klein's "the shock doctrine" and you'll understand.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thank you maria_stardust for moving this thread from the Grey Area to Education and Media....

The reason given has probably to do with not much Grey Area at Education and Media...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If it bleeds, it leads. You seriously didn't know this? Just got out of jail or hacked your way out of your ice cave?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I agree its all negative.

I guess they are trying to desensitize us to this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join