It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this technology is far to slow ... anyone else

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
just a little question to see if its just me ... does anyone get frustrated with the technology of this time - its far to slow and i am not talking about getting better hardware lol -

Its like i should be doing this stuff with my brain and not my hands -

Also other words come to mind instead of words of the english language - stuff that I cant quite hear but I no that i am using the incorrect terms .....

OR AM I JUST BONKERS??

any other input really appreciated

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Why is this post in the Introductions forum?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by addicted2011

No. I think technology is advancing ever-increasingly at a rapid rate, just look how the world was in 1911 and how it is now in 2011. I don't believe we are anywhere near our peak either, it's all very exciting if you ask me but I can see how easy it is to accept the latest technological wonders with a shrug due to the sheer volume of them.

As for the part about foreign voices, I would think that is a purely psychological issue you might want to deal with separately.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by addicted2011
just a little question to see if its just me ... does anyone get frustrated with the technology of this time - its far to slow and i am not talking about getting better hardware lol -

Also other words come to mind instead of words of the english language - stuff that I cant quite hear but I no that i am using the incorrect terms .....

OR AM I JUST BONKERS??

There is technology way beyond your imagination in disclosed locations. At least in my opinion.
Technology will only evolve when society involves, and sadly our society hasn't kept up with our technology.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

No. I think technology is advancing ever-increasingly at a rapid rate, just look how the world was in 1911 and how it is now in 2011. I don't believe we are anywhere near our peak either, it's all very exciting if you ask me but I can see how easy it is to accept the latest technological wonders with a shrug due to the sheer volume of them.

As for the part about foreign voices, I would think that is a purely psychological issue you might want to deal with separately.

just to clarify i dont hear voices - sectioning is not needed -its like a static - but you dont get it so dont worry - I no of others that have this so i no i am not alone

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
might have not explained properly - the rate of tech is hugely fast - its thick and fast its just it seems that its just that it seems too slow for my brain and i am not using it properly - really not explaining well thats why i asked

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMessenger1
Why is this post in the Introductions forum?

I am sorry i am new to this so there will be the odd hic-cup i feel

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prolific

Originally posted by addicted2011

OR AM I JUST BONKERS??

There is technology way beyond your imagination in disclosed locations. At least in my opinion.
Technology will only evolve when society involves, and sadly our society hasn't kept up with our technology.

I understand completely - i feel the same - I cant entirely explain what i sense and feel about it as its new to me but hopefully in time - i was just after some opinions of others thank you

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ah, that old chestnut of "getting it".

We are all here to learn and share experiences so I think it would be helpful if you expanded on what you mean exactly. Perhaps others here have it (whatever "it" is) too so it might be worth it on that level alone. It's interesting nonetheless so please elaborate.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The stuff we have access to know annoys me to no end. The current stuff is too slow and too buggy, technology is supposed to be here to serve us yet I feel the roles have been reversed and I'm now it's servant.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In terms of the evolution of technology...I would say we are far too (to, too, two they have different meanings) advanced for the casual user now days. Twenty years ago my computer was the size of my dishwasher, and my phone was still connected to the wall with a cord. The technology is far more advanced then we can even imagine but it is kept well under wraps to us "common folks". Most are lost already and it does not seem to be getting easier...it may be getting worse...maybe we are supposed to be lost. Either way, we are far beyond where we ever imagined, and although it is popular to go smaller, faster, smarter, etc...I think there is a high price to pay (and I don't mean $$$), conciously we are surrendering cognative thought to a push of a button.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
oops wrong post sry

edit on 23-5-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join