It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all villains come on two legs this one had no legs at all...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I get a lot of flack for carrying guns almost everywhere I go, but this morning I was damn glad I did!
I just finished writing and submitting my story to the "Armed Citizen" it's an account of normal everyday people like us, who've by the grace of god, saved themselves or their loved ones, thanks to their firearms...
Below I will share with you the note I sent them, to add to their archives.

Not all villains come on two legs this one had no legs at all...
this morning I went out the back door to feed my chickens, my adorable little 3YO granddaughter at my heels...
she just loves to hand feed the hens, why she given them all names.
but on this morning as she took her handful of scratch "here chick chick chick..." she walked right past a big hissing Cottonmouth you know a Water Moccasin! North Americas only poisonous water snake! had to come out of the pond due to all the rain we've had.
well quick as a wink I grabbed her up, fling her behind me. at the same time I pulled out my little pocket .22 a little Phoenix Arms Model HP22.
POP POP POP POP... talk about your adrenaline rush... start to finish...took less time to blink twice... Nope not all bad guys come on two legs and not quite what i intended when I got my carry permit!

Grandpa Dave Southeast Kansas.

if your wondering my precious little granddaughter spent nearly twenty minutes chanting, "Snake... Snake... Snake..." until her mom held her tight and stopped her trembling.... Ice cream fixes everything when your 3 and grandpa's here to make sure she gets to 4... and beyond
edit on 20-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Poor Baby! Thank God for Grandpas! That obviously (as you've pointed out) not what we were thinking when we get our permits and it also not what comes to the haters' minds when they hear that you carry a gun. Living in SE Louisiana I've used my sidearm for defense against nature many more times than for defense against man (I've never had to use my gun (or threaten to use) against another human being but I've had snakes, feral pigs, rabid coyotes, etc... jump up on me more times than I can count...lol)

Just another reason why carrying isn't a bad thing. Of course here come the hippies cryin' about how that snake was just confused because it had to leave it's home because of the rain or what not...lol

--Apex
P.S. Hope the little one isn't too scarred for life/scared of nature because of this!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You are so right. I live in an area where it is quite common to see a rattlesnakes sunbathing on the blacktop. I'm so glad you were able to protect your granddaughter from such a poisonous foe.I have seen first hand what a bite from a rattler can do and its not pretty. This is a prime example of how gun was used to protect you and your own. Lucky in my life I've only had to scare of pack of coyotes with mine. A gun is very effective tool of protection in the right hands.I hope your granddaughter is doing better I have 3 year old myself.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks all...
I'm going home now to get an early start to the weekend, get out of the rain, and spend time with the granddaughter...
we have a tea party scheduled for later...

Be kind and star each other's posts... I'll see you all on Monday
edit on 20-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

join