It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Backscatter Radiation Safety Tests Were Rigged

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

TSA Backscatter Radiation Safety Tests Were Rigged

www.naturalnews.com

It can now be revealed by NaturalNews that the TSA faked its safety data on its X-ray airport scanners in order to deceive the public about the safety of such devices.

As evidenced by recent events in Washington, we now live in an age where the federal government simply fakes whatever documents, news or evidence it wants people to believe, then releases that information as if it were fact.

This is the modus operandi of the Department of Homeland Security...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
TSA caught red handed in fakery lying about the full body scans safety!

Thier "testing" was done with a custom combination of spare parts that were rigged!

The evidence of TSA's fakery has been revealed in a letter signed by five professors from the University of California, San Francisco and Arizona State University.

TSA...[Size=3]What science? We don't need no stinkin' science!

It is estimated that the radiation from the full body scans is 45 times higher than we are being told!

The final testing report produced from this fabricated testing scenario has been so heavily redacted that "there is no way to repeat any of these measurements," say the professors. www.naturalnews.com...

• To this day, there has been no credible scientific testing of the TSA's naked body scanners. The claimed "safety" of the technology by the TSA is based on rigged tests.

The testing that did take place was done on a custom combination of spare parts rigged by the manufacturer of the machines (Rapidscan) and didn't even use the actual machines installed in airports. In other words, the testing was rigged.

• The names of the researchers who conducted the radiation tests at Rapidscan have been kept secret! This means the researchers are not available for scientific questioning of any kind, and there has been no opportunity to even ask whether they are qualified to conduct such tests. (Are they even scientists?)
www.naturalnews.com...

Folks we were fed a pack of lies about the safety of these full body scans!

Peter Rez, the physics professor from Arizona State, says that the high-quality images described by the TSA could not be produced with the low levels of radiation being claimed by the TSA.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I refuse to be "processed" through such machines. I questioned their safety from the get-go.

If TPTB are seeking to make Us ill (for profit) - and then die - these machines are a good choice.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You know what I hate most about this is that I'm not suprised and that sickens me. We're are constantly surrounded by psuedo science. Where research and facts are based on nothing but liees or these so called
observational studies that base "facts" on little more than a study group of a few thousand.I don't fly I was planning a trip to Arizona but had to cancel because of lack of funds. I have already made up my mind there is no where I need to go that is worth putting my heath at risk for.This is a sick sad world we live in.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm surprised know one has took a radiation detector to find the real truth soppose there is no harm in that

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

If TPTB are seeking to make Us ill (for profit) - and then die - these machines are a good choice.

Thats classic
yes. Frequent Flyers beware!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinavamp
We're are constantly surrounded by psuedo science.
Where research and facts are based on nothing but lies ...

It is the preferred way in Washington D.C these days.

I have read story after story now, this is all across the board from the full body scans
to GMO, to Education, the list is long.

Research paid for with Government funds is usally biased towards the ones who
will hnd out the next grant.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I hate sites that use themselves as sources.
Hover over and even click most every hyperlink on the site and they all reference back to a document hosted on their site.
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...
www.naturalnews.com...

And that is just the first 5 out of 5 links on the site. I gave up counting self-referenced and self-hosted links after 28.

And the "propublica" link (#6 link) hosts the file themselves and doesn't cite a verifiable source.

edit on 5/20/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Until all these are removed I refuse to fly unless I can go through airports that do not have these machines.

Last summer I refused to go through them and instead got the TSA rape "pat down".

I will not submit to that ever again either. This insanity must end.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Until all these are removed I refuse to fly unless I can go through airports that do not have these machines.

Last summer I refused to go through them and instead got the TSA rape "pat down".

I will not submit to that ever again either. This insanity must end.

Rent a car and drive. I'll drive 1500+ miles in my truck before I fly, and I justify that to my employer because it is really cheaper than flying when the cost of my tools as baggage and carry-on, compared to a night or two in a Motel6 are considered. And when I get there, I use the cost of a rental vehicle against them as well- 20-30 a day plus fuel or just fuel if I have my own vehicle.

It's only when the airlines feel the pinch that they will stand up.

edit on 5/20/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Actually let me point you to the documents you are looking for.

www.propublica.org...

Pro Publica is a two time Pulitzer Prize winner.

www.propublica.org...

They have hosted the documents that are the basis of the findings.
Better than Wikileaks dont ya think?

Scientists Cast Doubt on TSA Tests of Full-Body Scanners

The Transportation Security Administration says its full-body X-ray scanners are safe and that radiation from a scan is equivalent to what's received in about two minutes of flying. The company that makes them says it's safer than eating a banana [1].

But some scientists with expertise in imaging and cancer say the evidence made public to support those claims is unreliable. And in a new letter [2] sent to White House science adviser John Holdren, they question why the TSA won't make the scanners available for independent testing by outside scientists.

www.propublica.org...

And finally the letter on Amazon News hosted in Could Computing.

s3.amazonaws.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

You may also be interested in this

The Transportation Security Administration announced Friday that it would retest every full-body X-ray scanner that emits ionizing radiation — 247 machines at 38 airports — after maintenance records on some of the devices showed radiation levels 10 times higher than expected.

The TSA says that the records reflect math mistakes and that all the machines are safe. Indeed, even the highest readings listed on some of the records — the numbers that the TSA says were mistakes — appear to be many times less than what the agency says a person absorbs through one day of natural background radiation. www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

So far so good here, but I expect it wont last.

I was not planning on subjecting myself to a full body scan...but
I certainly will not now.

I guess I will just drive - and maybe that is part of the plan. I dont doubt underneath this is
something very sinister, way beyond the idea of checking out our underwear for bombs.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
operation north woods

progressive income tax

rex 84

operation garden plot

hurricane katirna

9-11

do you really trust any thing coming from those in power in dc

if so

you need help

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Last year I had to fly over forty times for work. I was stopped to get scanned 5 or more times at yvr in Vancouver. Every time i opted for a pat down instead. The first time I opted for the pat down the lady looked at me puzzled and said "are you sure" I said yes, she said "this might be a bit embarrissing for you" I looked at her straight in the eyes and said "not for me but maybe for this guy" referring to the guy touching me. He when bright red.

Pat down was not bad although I always seem to make a scene, so my wife says.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous, people are constantly getting fried by these machines, who do tptb think they are? Its time to destroy these damn death mechanisms.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

I keep wondering what would happen if everyone refused the scanner,
even if it was just for a week...and for that whole week the TSA had to perform
the pat down on every person.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

They didn't lie about the dosage. Just some ignorant people have an agenda. These backscatter machines put out about as much radiation as you'd get from a cigarette. Backscatter X-Ray is electrically produced and is the safest form of producing controlled radiation. I am constantly amazed at the sheer amount of experts on this site in matters they have no *SNIP* clue about.

Cheers.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 5/20/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SpecOpPres1

Your opinion...you sound much less credible than the TSA themselves.

If its so safe, why does the TSA refuse, and again I repeat...refuse to subject the
"scientific" research (aka jerry rigged) findings to a peer review?

ETA hows your spec ops plan working out for ya ...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
They actually make us think it's ok to be radiated with the extrapolated fear of terrorists on airplanes because of 9/11, which was there own plan at first.

"Take a bit of my freedom away, to give me safety."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join