It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defensive Force Fields

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have heard that defensive force fields have been built and operate successfully. Can anyone tell me the theory behind them and possibly where I can acquire more knowledge on this research I trying to complete? Schematics would be nice. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
latest that I have seen was they were trying to use it to defend a tank from rpg and shell attacks but that was a couple of years ago on discovery.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Article on the anti-RPG force field.
www.theregister.co.uk...

Article on Low temp Plsma Shields.
www.space.com...

Google is your friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I had not heard about the plasma field technology before. It sounds interesting. Cold plasma... didn't know it existed. I am curious as to how well the research has developed in the last 4 years. Too bad there aren't really any major updates that I could find. The practicality of this type of research causes me to wonder why more people and money are not dumped into it. If this really is successful, why not stop wasting so much money on wasted endeavors such as satellites that cost many millions and fail at a great rate.

Is it just me or should the money for satellites go into this shielding so less of them will fail or have problems due to extra-solar interference?

Why do I feel like the only person who wonders why cold plasma is not a household name by now? I guess they have to make a lightsabre out of it before anyone will know of its existence. Too bad.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I had known that using Tesla's methods an electromagnetic "bubble" could theoretically be created that promised to deflect attacks up to the power of a nuke. I never found anything more to hint at its use or development, but this sounds like we've jumped past that. It doesn't sound as if these "shields" are capable of halting a projectile in its tracks, just lessening damage from the attack. The article about the vehicle surviving repeat rpg strikes didn't say how many hits it could take before failing. I'm sure a method of stopping a projectile before it actually touches the target is on the horizon.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The last I had heard of 'force fields' of any sort, involved nano-replication and assembly of carbon buckyballs.. Has anyone else heard of this?

E_T

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
www.theregister.co.uk...

It isn't force field... or then even electrified fence is also force field.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In the link about the tank capacitor -- I don't see how it works still. You see, supposedly the copper is moving at the speed of 1000 mph. I'm pretty sure that the "jet" is already consisting of a vapours at least partially -- at this temperature, most of materials vaporize and are highly compressed gas.

So:
a) vaporizing it again doesn't seem likely to do anything. Oh wait, it can further increase the jet's temperature and thus energy carried forward. So the effect is adverse, to say the least.

b) CONSERVATION OF MOMENTUM! The plasma keeps flying forward at 1000 mph unless something absorbs it's longitudinal momentum.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
www.theregister.co.uk...

Article on Low temp Plsma Shields.
www.space.com...

Google is your friend.

Interesting articles. Thanks for the links.

E_T

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
In the link about the tank capacitor -- I don't see how it works still. You see, supposedly the copper is moving at the speed of 1000 mph.

So:
a) vaporizing it again doesn't seem likely to do anything. Oh wait, it can further increase the jet's temperature and thus energy carried forward. So the effect is adverse, to say the least.

b) CONSERVATION OF MOMENTUM! The plasma keeps flying forward at 1000 mph unless something absorbs it's longitudinal momentum.

Actually jet of shaped charge is traveling at speed of kilometers per second.

Penetration of insulator causes electric arc. (like in arc welding)
High current also creates magnetic field and magnetic fields affect movement of plasma.
So I think arc welding's background might be good to check.

If an electrode is consumable, the tip melts under the heat of the arc and molten droplets are detached and transported to the work through the arc column. Any arc welding system in which the electrode is melted off to become part of the weld is described as metal-arc. In carbon or tungsten (TIG) welding there are no molten droplets to be forced across the gap and onto the work. Filler metal is melted into the joint from a separate rod or wire.
www.lincolnelectric.com...
I think it might be that inner armor plate would act as electrode and shaped charge's jet would act as "filler metal" (which arc would transport to outer armor) like in TIG welding.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
When I saw this I just bout, well you know... Force Fields??? What the heck...

If this isn't an update and you already know about this video and it's old news try not to kill me over it...

new topics

top topics

join