It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Fate and Destiny in Relation to Free Will. See in Symbol with John Lennon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
To understand fate and destiny, we need to see in symbol. There are no mistakes in life. John Lennon could not have foreseen what meaning these lyrics would have in connection with the movie mentioned below. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out; a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. LINK Fate and freewill can be understood by the lyrics of this song by John Lennon:

Beautiful Boy

Close your eyes,
Have no fear,
The monsters gone,
He's on the run and your daddy's here,

When a soul is born into the water of earth, it closes its eyes in a dream. The point is opening them back up again from the story that earth tells. Each soul has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. The monster is 'self' hidden within each person. Daddy is God. Self is on the run as you grow up in life. This is true for the world as well. We are in a set progression to control the monster of self-centered pride.

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer,
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better,

Each day that passes shows that we are learning the lessons of life from the story that has already been written. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." Reality is a story. It's like walking through the woods in the garden of earth. We make choices to navigate through the trees and various hills and valleys. The ups and downs do not change. Only the way we walk. In Genesis 3, God was walking in the garden as man was hiding. This is a picture of the Daddy above reassuring the child as he deals with the monster of pride.

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,

Out on the ocean sailing away,
I can hardly wait,
To see you to come of age,
But I guess we'll both,
Just have to be patient,
Yes it's a long way to go,
But in the meantime,

The soul must progress through the story many times in the ocean of life. Up and down. We cannot understand the ocean unless we look beneath the surface and waves. The pearl is found in the depths. We must open wide and dig deep withing this ocean to find the monster. Fear holds us back. The emerald is found by the diggings of the slave. The King gets the emerald, but the journey to find the emerald is worth more than the emerald itself. The King never needed it in the first place.

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While your busy making other plans,

The wave of destiny will take you on the ride of life. Take God's hand before you cross to the other side of life. You can make your own plans, but the wave will still be taking you up and down. There is little you can do until the monster is controlled. Pride and self must be eliminated. The intellect must control the five senses. This is called equanimity. Here is a blog post that I wrote that outlines this. LINK

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful,
Beautiful Boy,
Darling,
Darling,
Darling Sean.

Watch the movie, Mr. Holland's Opus. Holland is a durable linen fabric. This is the symbol for purity and virtue. Mr. Holland lives his early life in pride. As his life progresses, he eliminates the monster of pride and finds that life is not the plans he though he was making. Life was right there with him all along as destiny pulled him where he needed to be. Daddy was holding his hand through the entire movie. As he sings the song above to his son, he and his son both have a moment of peripeteia. This is one of many moments of sudden realization that Mr. Holland has in the movie about his own monster within.

edit on 20-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Very nice analysis Ed, we cant say John had the same ideas about God and such when he wrote the song. but as far as a father son relation ship between himself and his son Sean. its also understandable.
Just as you see the same words can be transposed into the father being God.
We were often asked to take the words to a song in high school and give our own interpretation of its meaning.
Its great to see people doing some positive analysis of art and culture, instead of just ranting and raving about the next inevitable war or battle.
Death of the ego, the first step..
And to realise its never to late to reverse our way of thinking
thanks for your considered opinion,

edit on 20-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I certainly recognize the true Father of all, but I get sort of muddled about knowing that a Male is not the Creationist, but only the Expression of Spirit through us all.

Honor thy Mother and thy Father was not the Parental Unit but the Spiritual Unit. The true ultimate Creator is Female and she is our Earth. The support is the Father Above which is the Universe throughout!

I think we forget to honor our Mother and so often focus on the Father.

Mr. Holland's Opus is one of my favorite and I often sing "Beautiful Boy" to myself. Ironically I thought of this very song yesterday when I was reading the thread on the "unknown" boy in Maine, who is now "known"; Camden, he is such a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy, and I know he is with our Heavenly Father in Peace.

Camden's Memorial site

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/20/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

join