It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing people with a different set of beliefs than your own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yes, I more than likely will get flamed for this post. Do I care? No. My life doesn't revolve around what random people on the internet have to say. So flame away to your heart's content.

Over the past two months, since the point in time when I heard about the whole May 21 Rapture fiasco, I've been subjected to hearing about it everywhere I turn. It's all over my FB, all over my email, on the news, on the web, on this board. There are those who defend it, not because they believe, but because they feel somehow obligated to defend it. And then there are those who repeatedly bash it, taking great humor in calling everyone who believes it, or defends it, "idiots" or "morons" or "ignorant".

There have been threads about taking part in it by scattering clothes on the streets to fool those who truly believe it, which I find to be of the utmost cruelty.

Do I believe the Rapture will happen? No. I do not. But I've stood up to defend those that do. And why? Because it takes courage and faith to stand up to a world that's blatantly laughing in your face. So they're misguided...so they've been led to believe, despite their Book saying otherwise, that Saturday is going to free them from this mortal coil.

What makes them any different than people who believe in extraterrestrials or Nibiru or the Illuminati or secret government conspiracies?

"But there is written proof of all of that!"

There's written proof of God as well. A whole book dedicated to his existence, written by men who interacted with Him, and believers that had so much faith in Him that they followed Him without question in everything He did. You can question this without a problem, but when it comes to documents, written by one of those government persons of which you are suspicious, you take it at its word...no questions asked...even if they have lied over and again for years.

Has society stooped so low that anyone who believes differently than you should fall under your attack and persecution? It's sad, to be honest, that we can allow such subtle differences affect us. We are, after all, the same when you peel away the layers. We all have hopes and dreams and fears. We've all been laughed at for our true convictions, no matter what convictions those are/were. The fact is, these people are just like you, only their beliefs lie elsewhere. These people are sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, best friends and mentors to someone else. And just like you, they matter to someone out there.

Just something to stop and think about it for a moment.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I think your mistaken, these people that believe the rapture is gonna happen are evil imho, they put fear into children and alot of adults and i would bash them all day long for being the stupid evil fools they are.

As for

There's written proof of God as well. A whole book dedicated to his existence, written by men

Well think about it i could write a book right now and say God told me to write it, Would you believe what i wrote
I didnt think so !!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i get it all the time here. "across the concrete fields of man some will run, some will stand, but everything is bull# 'cept the open hand."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Well think about it i could write a book right now and say God told me to write it, Would you believe what i wrote
I didnt think so !!

You just proved my point. Thank you.

Written proof, by anyone, isn't really proof of anything, if you really stop to think about it. Hence "when it comes to documents, written by one of those government persons of which you are suspicious, you take it at its word...no questions asked...even if they have lied over and again for years."

top topics

join