It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Your Mind to THIS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by smithjustinb
It can be understood and observed by following a line of thought that begins by recognizing that all is one.

How do you get from quantum peculiarities to "all is one"?
-

By realizing the junction of physics and metaphysics.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

It can be understood and observed by following a line of thought that begins by recognizing that all is one.

-

But physics is a process of measuring the physical world, and metaphysics is essentially unscientific philosophy.

Also, "realizing" is subjective and establishes no causal link between quantum weirdness and the concept of "all is one".

It's a popular theme within new age channels to attempt to validate metaphysical claims because things behave oddly at the quantum level, however nobody yet has established the necessary link between the quantum and their claims. I'm not sure the double slit experiment is sufficient to confirm the "all is one" claim.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

-

But physics is a process of measuring the physical world, and metaphysics is essentially unscientific philosophy.

Also, "realizing" is subjective and establishes no causal link between quantum weirdness and the concept of "all is one".

It's a popular theme within new age channels to attempt to validate metaphysical claims because things behave oddly at the quantum level, however nobody yet has established the necessary link between the quantum and their claims. I'm not sure the double slit experiment is sufficient to confirm the "all is one" claim.

It's because the link between the two is thought itself which is metaphysical. This is why observation and thought influence quantum experiments. Thus the truth is only found within and can only be arrived at through philosophy, and you can do all the research in the world, but if you are not a philosopher, you won't be able to see any more information than what is presented to you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Science, religion, truth , lies, the self, the others, i am everything, i am nothing, he is she is they are, we are not..
its all the same, just from a diffrent place of observtion..
science is just one set of glasses to understand this universe, one tool.
Relgion and meatphysiscs is another. to say one is right or wrong is to remove yourself from part of a greater game.. to lock yourself up and wear blinders ( which is ok btw, as it makes it fun not knowing )
i love just beliving in science and quantum physics one week, relgion another week, and then other weeks i smash the whole dam lot together and see what i can come up with from the chaos, lie a child throwing blocks at a wall.
its all true , its all a lie..
As you know, nothing in science can be a proof.. you can only ever support a theory or disprove it .. science 101, something i learnt in grade school.
Your view isnt wrong, just as the op's isnt wrong, its just diffrent..

there are four blind men who discover an elephant. Since the men have never encountered an elephant, they grope about, seeking to understand and describe this new phenomenon. One grasps the trunk and concludes it is a snake. Another explores one of the elephant's legs and describes it as a tree. A third finds the elephant's tail and announces that it is a rope. And the fourth blind man, after discovering the elephant's side, concludes that it is, after all, a wall.

Each in his blindness is describing the same thing: an elephant. Yet each describes the same thing in a radically different way.

we are all blind to the elephant in the room.
peace.
edit on 20-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join