It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Your Mind to THIS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
My understanding of time and space is that both are 3rd dimensional illusions. The Double Slit Experiment showed how an electron can be in two places at once.

This makes perfect sense to me how it is possible. I say not only can an electron be in two places at once, but people can too. That is, only going to be an acceptable statement if you believe in higher dimensional entities.

Regardless of whether you do or not, I have actually even witnessed how space is an illusion by my own observation, and it really doesn't exist as much as we think it does.

It can be understood and observed by following a line of thought that begins by recognizing that all is one. If you can't grasp that, then don't worry about trying to understand what I'm talking about, or what it means to be in two places at once, because you won't.

Let's just say that if all is one as consciousness, then although I think I am limited to the space that is my body, my higher self that is consciousness is aware of other "spaces" simultaneously. Thus, I am everywhere and everything and differentiation does not exist. Without differentiation, there is no space, because space can be defined as the distance between one object and another. Well there is no difference or defined distance because those objects are one. It is a well-crafted illusion that doesn't gain much popularity because the implications give rise to thoughts that exist outside of most people's comfort zones.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Yep the double slit experiment is fun, an even newer variant on it is this one
www.sciencedaily.com...
scientists were able to create a atom in a quantum super position using nothing more then a mirror, where the particle was seen to be moving towards and away from the mirror at the same time.
the problem with all these experiments as you most likely know . is that the minute we observe the super position, it breaks down, so even if we are in two positions at once, the minute we try to see it, we cease to exist in both and end up in the most logical position that suits our current situation..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Reminds me of the book "The Disappearance of the Universe" by gary Renard

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I think im fallowing you, lets see. Its only me, everybody is just a different aspect of me at any givin time, therefore i am the creator, i am you and you are me. I am one and all at the same time.

Am i even close?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

I think im fallowing you, lets see. Its only me, everybody is just a different aspect of me at any givin time, therefore i am the creator, i am you and you are me. I am one and all at the same time.

Am i even close?

Im not sure if that's the point the OP is making, but in my mind its got a large element of truth to it..
As we are all part of the whole we have the ability to grasp that we are all aspects of the same system, the universe for lack of a better word.
You am i.. I am you.. society has asked these questions for a long time.
are you just talking to yourself.. or am i...
now thats the real question...
is there more then one group consciousness in here or just the one..
this is the hard problem of consciousness..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Am i even close?

Precisely.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

www.sciencedaily.com...
scientists were able to create a atom in a quantum super position using nothing more then a mirror, where the particle was seen to be moving towards and away from the mirror at the same time.
the problem with all these experiments as you most likely know . is that the minute we observe the super position, it breaks down, so even if we are in two positions at once, the minute we try to see it, we cease to exist in both and end up in the most logical position that suits our current situation..

Perhaps, the reason that we cannot see both at once is that our logic leads us to believe that we are separate. If we knew that all was one, then maybe we could maintain that perception. Just a thought.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Or maybe go mad trying as we overload the fragile mind in our human body.
I dont disagree with you, just that it might not be possible in this body..
I actually understand where your coming from, and have had some fun with thought experiments in exactally these areas..
Thats not to say others may have more success then myself..
Im just happy that i am seperated and segregated from my other selves enough to enjoy debating diffrent aspects of ourselves with people such as your self.
or it would get a bit boring no ?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
My understanding of time and space is that both are 3rd dimensional illusions.

Agreed. Time space are what inhabitants of the interior universe use to decipher their current surroundings and objects within them. But if 1 can be at Andramadu and then Milky way in Earth time 2 seconds due to them not being restrained by 3d vessels of travel since 1 not fully being 3d then the perception of 1 who is not full 3d is completely different of time and space, as stated being may not even acknowledge time space.. Interesting point.

This makes perfect sense to me how it is possible. I say not only can an electron be in two places at once, but people can too. That is, only going to be an acceptable statement if you believe in higher dimensional entities.

Accepted

It can be understood and observed by following a line of thought that begins by recognizing that all is one. If you can't grasp that, then don't worry about trying to understand what I'm talking about, or what it means to be in two places at once, because you won't.

Grasping.... Basically the ALL is one factor from my understanding is more less, I am this star I am this universe I am this planet I am this black hole -I AM TIED TO ALL THESE ENERGIES EVEN YOU- as a species. This in turn allows 1 to avoid differentiation mind think because as a body has hands/planet and feet/blackhole at different distances and can take time to touch one another in reality there is no time to take to reach hand and foot for hand and foot are connected as 1 making 1 whole body (so movement ibetween the 2 is electrical). So if I am on EArth/star per say and want to go to Saturn/universe, 1 must find where Saturn and EA are connected as 1 with me making us 3, 1. So me and Earth are 1 Saturn is 1, so I must acknowledge this accept this that Saturn is part of me somehow I am part of Earth somehow Earth is part of Saturn somehow We are part of universe somehow. ALL EA-Saturn and Me are part of the universal body. So the ability to be in multiple places can be related to how with blood electrical current already in blood which is 1 can be sent from brain 1 to foot 1, within me 1 in split seconds. Showing the brain form of current and foot form of current coinciding at the same time do to them being 1 in my 1 blood and 1 body. lol I know deep but 1 tries to simplify.

Let's just say that if all is one as consciousness, then although I think I am limited to the space that is my body, my higher self that is consciousness is aware of other "spaces" simultaneously.

Makes sense as your higher self (energy/electrical/light) self is able to see the whole body and manages itself YOU accordingly.

Thus, I am everywhere and everything and differentiation does not exist. Without differentiation, there is no space, because space can be defined as the distance between one object and another. Well there is no difference or defined distance because those objects are one. It is a well-crafted illusion that doesn't gain much popularity because the implications give rise to thoughts that exist outside of most people's comfort zones.

I understand this, nice data share.

Be well

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

www.sciencedaily.com...

That is simple amazing.
I love hearing about this over and over again.
And I cant keep wondering... what does everything REALLY look like in its natural state.
I mean when nobody is looking... But yet that would be impossible... because nothing exists to see !!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

LOL, Thanks for that, it made me smile, it reminded me of the quote,,"If a tree falls in the forest..."
Yes it would be interesting to know .. and i know i never could know what it would be.. wow, a very fine paradoxical situation to fall asleep to...
The best thing i can imagine from my musings on such things, is "chaos", as everything and everywhere, from all time past and present, to eternity, is all in one point at the same time... welcome to the singularity my friend..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Which is a good thing imho. No borders in the mind where would that lead?

By accepting everything is 3 dimensional the mind can think in terms of height, depth and width. Or heaven, hell and what's in between, earth (where the Self exists). But by accepting everything is one, this blocks out heaven, hell and earth, or good, bad and neutral. I believe it is a very dangerous thing.

If I were to be exposed to some idea, I have my own borders or mental barriers behind which I exist within the world as I see it, as I choose to see it. I could view that idea from the safety of my own worldview and reject or accept the idea and incorporate it into my worldview.

Accepting all is one, that idea would manifest instantly in my world and I might not notice it happening only after it is too late and the idea has already manifested into physical brain cells. Then it becomes very difficult to undo the damage. Now if someone told me how they think about me that idea would instantly change my self image, I would become powerless.

And that is the origin of the "all is one" thought; it's a very old indoctrination technique for people wanting to form sects and cults.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What would energy look like thru a current telescope that was once in life phase of existance went thru death phase of existance and is still present in universe. Do any think if observed they would see any form of matter evidence of ALL past living energies just converted, the more energies converted this matter evidence grows. If A planet/star died or species destroyed they add to this energy. What am I thinking of.
your already thinking it

Be well

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79
By accepting everything is 3 dimensional the mind can think in terms of height, depth and width. Or heaven, hell and what's in between, earth (where the Self exists). But by accepting everything is one, this blocks out heaven, hell and earth, or good, bad and neutral. I believe it is a very dangerous thing.

Its not blocking Heaven and Hell its acknowledging Hell is a part of Heaven in the whole of it all as many hell inhabitants were once heavenly energies. Good, bad, neutral, again all parts not fully understood of 1creation, just some energies intents are more ignorant influenced. If fallen ruller of what is called HELL came from the who created you and the We are1... Now if fallen who controlls what is called Hell came from another creator other then the most highest then we are not 1. for then their are multiple creators. but if that hypothetically was correct then the scale raises and next question is were did 2 creators come from 1 more? lol deep still taking us back to 1.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It can be understood and observed by following a line of thought that begins by recognizing that all is one.

How do you get from quantum peculiarities to "all is one"?
-

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Or maybe go mad trying as we overload the fragile mind in our human body.
I dont disagree with you, just that it might not be possible in this body..
I actually understand where your coming from, and have had some fun with thought experiments in exactally these areas..
Thats not to say others may have more success then myself..
Im just happy that i am seperated and segregated from my other selves enough to enjoy debating diffrent aspects of ourselves with people such as your self.
or it would get a bit boring no ?

I agree, we have brains that limit us from such divine experiences and our brains won't change. What you can change though is your DNA, and if you behave well enough and try hard enough, maybe your children can develop these higher levels of awareness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Grasping.... Basically the ALL is one factor from my understanding is more less, I am this star I am this universe I am this planet I am this black hole -I AM TIED TO ALL THESE ENERGIES EVEN YOU- as a species. This in turn allows 1 to avoid differentiation mind think because as a body has hands/planet and feet/blackhole at different distances and can take time to touch one another in reality there is no time to take to reach hand and foot for hand and foot are connected as 1 making 1 whole body (so movement ibetween the 2 is electrical). So if I am on EArth/star per say and want to go to Saturn/universe, 1 must find where Saturn and EA are connected as 1 with me making us 3, 1. So me and Earth are 1 Saturn is 1, so I must acknowledge this accept this that Saturn is part of me somehow I am part of Earth somehow Earth is part of Saturn somehow We are part of universe somehow. ALL EA-Saturn and Me are part of the universal body. So the ability to be in multiple places can be related to how with blood electrical current already in blood which is 1 can be sent from brain 1 to foot 1, within me 1 in split seconds. Showing the brain form of current and foot form of current coinciding at the same time do to them being 1 in my 1 blood and 1 body. lol I know deep but 1 tries to simplify.

I understand this, nice data share.

Be well

The only thing I have to say about this is its not a physical property that is what is connecting us. In fact, there is nothing connecting us. Everything IS us as consciousness. The illusion of separation occurs when your brain tries to interpret reality as you being separate. Pretty much we are one big thought. A thought doesn't have physicallity, but it contains loads of information and implications.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes, but i dont believe its DNA that does it.. i belive its our choice before we come here that does..
I myself choose to forget the connections and the past lives, so to speak, so i can try and come up with fresh ideas, rather then feel like im riding my own or others coat tails to the next dimension..
im not sure if you get that or not.
We all have the skills, but the fact is i think many of us choose to be alone, some from pain, some because its more fun, like a game of hide and seek with ourselves, others have their own reasons i dont understand..
I belive this is the dream, it all is.. this is the island the garden of edan, its the reality that lets us feel, to choose to live, to die..
we come here because its the best place to come for a break from ourselves, our godly existence..
Its a game god plays, and im glad to be a part of it. what ever part that is, and at what ever level i choose to play at..

whos knows i might see you on the other side one day..
peace.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I see thanks for the clarity. It is somewhat a new form of thinking for me. But I can see the points being made about it....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Which is a good thing imho. No borders in the mind where would that lead?

If I were to be exposed to some idea, I have my own borders or mental barriers behind which I exist within the world as I see it, as I choose to see it. I could view that idea from the safety of my own worldview and reject or accept the idea and incorporate it into my worldview.

Accepting all is one, that idea would manifest instantly in my world and I might not notice it happening only after it is too late and the idea has already manifested into physical brain cells. Then it becomes very difficult to undo the damage. Now if someone told me how they think about me that idea would instantly change my self image, I would become powerless.

And that is the origin of the "all is one" thought; it's a very old indoctrination technique for people wanting to form sects and cults.

This is the very foundation of the ego. The ego is what you want to believe versus actually seeing things the way they are. Yeah, you are safe there, but truly there is nothing to be safe from as you would be guarding yourself from your other self. As a human, you can never really fully get rid of your ego, so not to worry.

You are viewing this perception as something that could be damaging or leaving you powerless. In fact, the opposite is true. This perception is the healing and leaves you powerful.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join