It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Camping: The Contingency Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have posted this information on several rapture threads, but considering a thread started by Partygirl about the amount of money Family Radio is making off this prediction I thought I would try and spread the word about how this could play out after this Saturday.

I found a website the other day that talked about the contingency plan for when the Rapture does not happen. On that website it states:

Time is progressing and news is leaking out from the staff of Family Radio that Harold Camping is aware that May 21, 2011 might not be judgment day after all. Consequently, he has already prepared a defense to explain to the radio listeners that he was not wrong, but that God has heard all the prayers and seen the repentance of people, and in His mercy has postponed the judgment.

So this time instead of being wrong he can say that God postponed his judgment and showed mercy by using the story of Jonah. The website goes on to speculate how this will be used to boost Family Radio's donations after the non-event.
Again from the website:

This was submitted to me by a person close to Family Radio:

“I was speculating about this the other day. I believe comments Harold has made recently about Jonah and Nineveh indicate the approach he will take. Here is what I expect him to say.”

“You see what has happened? The Bible is correct. Judgment day came, and just as God’s mercy was granted to Nineveh, He has shed His abundant mercy upon us. We can only speculate about what has moved Holy God to forestall judgment. Perhaps it is the reverence of the Japanese in the face of the stress they have faced during the earthquake and tsunami. Or perhaps, in the secret hearts of many who have been listening to Family Radio, we can expect that countless thousands have turned to God and prayed, ‘Oh God have mercy on me.’ We really do not need to know why, but it is obvious that Holy God has shown His mercy. He has validated what He told us in the Bible, validated it fully. We should thank Him, thank Him so deeply. Now it is all the more important, with these extra days He has given us to proclaim His Gospel in all the corners of the earth. So we need to sacrifice financially in every way to spread Family Radio still further and to strengthen this ministry.”

www.eaec.org

This is the prefect "out" for Harold Camping. It not only allows him to keep his status, but would also bring him more money. Could this have been the plan all along?

Many thanks to Partygirl for the thread: Oakland-based Family Radio sees donations soar as 'Judgment Day' approaches

A website that gives insight into the story of Jonah and Nineveh and how it deals with false prophets.
www.letusreason.org

OiO

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Well Since Ronald weinland is using that trick then maybe Happy Harold think he could use it too. The old "God has heard out prayers and so postponed the destruction" routine.

no rapture= false prophet

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Whenever you make crazy predictions its always a good idea to have a back up plan.

Especially if you're making millions off the prediction and toying with people's deepest held beliefs.

The best part of this apology for the lack of rapture is that it reinforces people's belief in their own rightgeousness and turns this Corning guy into a conduit for God's word.

By stroking the egos of the followers the leader's ego inflates to epic proportions.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I just love dubble talk ( safe answers ) False prophet fake preachers.
Enough bs, but I still injoy a good laugh.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I would like to make a motion that Harold Camping be tarred and feathered Sunday May 22nd.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Absolutely mind-blowing!

What a huckster!!

I know one-liners are verbooten, but, folks, why have you not Flagged this? It's hilarious and sickening at the same time!
(S&F, just to show I paid attention and this made my jaw drop open).

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies!!!

I found another posting on the website I linked in the OP.

This one is pretty telling too. Seems that Family Radio is still planning to be on-air in the days going forward.

3. Programming has been prepared to be aired after May 21st. Conferences and other special meetings have not been canceled.

4. On May 22, 2011, Harold Camping is going to come on the air in a special pre-recorded program to tell the listeners that God in his mercy has postponed the judgment day and that, he (Harold) is working to calculate how long the extension will last. He is going to state that God is in control, he is just a man, and if God wants to give mankind more time, there is nothing Harold can do about it. It will be a very convincing presentation. I believe that not only has Harold worked on this speech, he has already recorded it and ordered it to be aired one minute past midnight on May 22nd. Then Harold will state that it is more important than ever that the listeners continue to give money to Family Radio so that the extension time can be used to win more people for Christ.

Harold Camping Dishonest

I wish more people would see this and learn from it. People predicting the end of the world, while asking for money are nothing but scam artists!
edit on 20-5-2011 by OneisOne because: derr... TYPO!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

HA!!! I specifically didn't pray, well to be honest I DID pray for the end and I know quite a few people who did too.

They should just all drink some Kool Aid!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bashbasrack

I second the motion...but, it's far more likely he'll be BEATIFIED, and then become a saint when he's gone on to the place he deserves. I mean, after all, he single-handedly saved us all from our sins! Wow!!

Bollocks.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I knew this man was a charlatan and a grifter. And his own listeners should demand their money back, and hold him accountable after this is over. I don't wish the man any physical harm. But he should be exposed for the fraud that he is, and always has been.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
I knew this man was a charlatan and a grifter. And his own listeners should demand their money back, and hold him accountable after this is over. I don't wish the man any physical harm. But he should be exposed for the fraud that he is, and always has been.

The thing is, if his followers believed him and got prepared for the Rapture this Saturday, then they're going to believe him when he says God postponed the big event.

There are some people you just can't reason with.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There are some at Family Radio that do not beleive in the May 21st rapture date. This report from someone that visited the station on May 16th.

There was a posted sign announcing that Friday, May 20 would be a paid holiday; but there was no mention of the work schedule for the following week. I also heard that programming was generally produced several weeks in advance, so if May 22 does come, there should be material to play. Harold Camping was vague about the future as far as programming goes, but he did admit to me that, “We have a lot of staff who don’t abide us at all and for their sake there’s some programming that’s in the can. But we’ll probably…we certainly will not use it, but for their sake, they think that they might use it.” Despite that, he said that everyone has been helpful and loyal, even if they don’t agree with the prediction about the coming Judgment Day. I asked him what the non-believing staff expected to happen at the network after May 21st and Camping said, “I’m not the CEO. God is the CEO. You have to ask him.” When I asked Camping what his plans were for May 21, he told me that he’d probably be watching TV and listening to the radio to hear about what was happening around the world.

Family Radio Counts Down

I wonder if the "in the can" programming is indeed the story of Jonah with the explanation that God showed mercy?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So i see he's already backtracking on his predictions.... i wonder why or how he has managed to gain so many followers and will they still follow him after May 21st has passed?

Anyway i'd say that the World started its changes back when the massive Tsunami hit Indonesia in 2004 and since then there has just been catastrophies happening all over.... i'd say it is a gradual process and it still has a way to go.... it wont end tomorrow, it wont end next week, it won't end this year or next.... just things will happen and there will be deaths.... we'll just have to get on with it....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So i see he's already backtracking on his predictions.... i wonder why or how he has managed to gain so many followers and will they still follow him after May 21st has passed?

I think he will lose some followers after the 21st. But I can't help to think he will use the "God showed mercy" excuse and try to credit Family Radio for spreading the message. I guess it all comes down to how badly these people want to beleive him.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Send this asshole in Guantanamo

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toldyouso
Well Since Ronald weinland is using that trick then maybe Happy Harold think he could use it too. The old "God has heard out prayers and so postponed the destruction" routine.

no rapture= false prophet

That is funny though. It would make God sound like a big Sicilian named Vitto.

"Eh.. you respect me? I dont breaka ya face then."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I had a dream once that two huge shields were floating in the air and I hear a loud booming voice repeat the word "repent" over and over. Reminded me of the voice saying "sleep" over and over in that movie They Live. Maybe the shields in my dream were huge flying saucers. It was a dream however. To me, my dream is more credible than this false prophet. I doubt the rapture will happen tomorrow, we have a greater chance of seeing two huge UFOs!!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I believe old Harold already has his bags packed and will fake his own rapture. He will take his money and run where nobody will find him. He will be enjoying his multi-million dollar earth made heaven for the rest of his days.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So is the rapture still on for 6pm tomorrow or has he backed out already?

I have dinner plans tomorrow night... lol!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I wonder what the camping camp (sorry) are doing right now, id love to be a fly on the wall.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join