It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday promoters should be prosecuted for mass end of time suicides

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I disagree....People who make these predictions are not forcing anyone to commit suicide. If anything, it is promoting Darwinism at its finest. That's one less idiot polluting the gene pool. Not that it matters much at this point since the gene pool is about as polluted as it can get.
edit on 21-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

And while we are at it, let's kill all the ugly people, poor people and everyone with an IQ less than 110
edit on 21-5-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes, the end of the world is coming, so the doomsdays believers say, mass hysteria set in, but as usual is it in human nature for some to end committing suicide, out of despair.

Why? because believe it or not people actually are preparing for the end of world, many will commit suicide if it doesn't happen.

This is no new people had done this before.

Now should those that are doing the prediction of doomsday publicly be prosecuted if the end of the world fails again like it had in previous predictions?

I say, yes they should be made to pay for the death of Innocent trusting people, including religious figures.

23 FAILED PREDICTIONS FOR 1998

www.religioustolerance.org...

45 failed predictions for 1999

44 failed & 1 ambiguous end-of-the-world
predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920 CE

The truth is that 2012 will come and go, some will die due to despair and mass hysteria, I think that the responsible parties should be gathered and prosecuted for this deaths.

edit on 20-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

would be really something to see some figures on "suicide" "endtimes/doomsday" related incidents.

any ideas on the numbers?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes and whole families should be prosecuted when a child commits suicide. OR maybe when a child commits suicide for harrassment at school, we prosecute the whole class. Maybe we could prosecute the President for false hopes on the economy when in the end someone commits suicide in desperation.

No, no no. Your rantings are not about consequence they are anti religion as you'v bnot suggested any other things that cause panic.

What about the promoters of the 2012 stuff. They are idiots too. Lets prosecute them now?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I agree totally.

Look what happened during Orson Wells Radio Broadcast of War of The Worlds back in the 30's.

A lot of people forget that ever actually happened.

Some people will kill themselves and their families out of panic, despaire or fear of a painful end and want to make it quick...

I think people who promote this crap should have handed their asses to them on a plate "litterally".. Cut their asses off and hand it to them..lol

I would think that causing deaths in this way would be considered manslaughter in the 1st or 2nd degree for surre, because these nutjobs End Timers know this will happen because of their predictions.

Originally posted by daggyz

What about the promoters of the 2012 stuff. They are idiots too. Lets prosecute them now?

Yeah Why not..!?! They're Morons..!! And as I said above it is pre-meditated.. These &#$$wits know people will die as a result of their actions. So they should be put on show and punished..!!

I'll ive you an example.

Hypathetically, I have seen a huge hole open up on a freeway and stop just in time. Then I just pull over to the curb, sit on the roof, crack a tinnie and watch other cars fly down into the hole and let all those people die horrible deaths, instead of moving down the road and warnning them.

A Policeman askes my why I didn't do that and I answer, because I didn't make the hole I just saw it so I didn't really have duty of care to warn others...

I'd be carted away there and then and charged with manslaughter...

Same deal with the end timers.. they know they're actions will cause others harm and yet they continue to shout in the streets, on the web, on the TV, on the radio and on huge Billboards. If they think they know it is comming, they don't need to advertise it, good people with be saved and bad people won't.

No need to promote it. Letting people know their lives will end soon isn't a good thing to do. Keep it to yourself...!!

If you personally believe thats fine, but leave the rapture to god and let him sort em' out.

Now some people here might say that this was a poor example and more reason to actually warn others. But will not warning them get you charged? No cause if your right, there won't be anyone left anyway. And if your wrong, people would have panicked for nothing...!!
edit on 5/21/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
For those of you criticizing the OP, you forget the most important factor.
Children could be involved in the stupidity of their parents suicides.
If people without children choose to kill themselves it's their fault for being so gullible. But the fact that some people are planning their suicides along with their children is very disturbing.
These idiots spreading the doomsday prophecy should be prosecuted for the children, not the parents. The kids don't know what's going on.
(Referring to Titen-Sxull post about David Morrison receiving emails from people planning to kill themselves AND THEIR CHILDREN to avoid the pain of the apocalypse)

This post is about the doomsday promoters. Not anything stupid you people you post like beetle mania, though police etc.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i think its up to the individual to be repsonsible enough to know ones part in anything

u cant make someone accountable for someone elses action no matter the age

however. u can be responsible. and know that you were there. u were allowing and accepting of everything going on.

simply on a fundamental note "you were here

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

I would go with "God spared the world due to our efforts"
To answer the original question on this thread; this type of thing may be one of the prices of freedom, I understand the larger issue of shouting fire in a crowded theater has its comparison to this but once you allow the government to prosecute for what people say, that is a slippery slope and IMO we would be just asking for it.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

I
Hypathetically, I have seen a huge hole open up on a freeway and stop just in time. Then I just pull over to the curb, sit on the roof, crack a tinnie and watch other cars fly down into the hole and let all those people die horrible deaths, instead of moving down the road and warnning them.

A Policeman askes my why I didn't do that and I answer, because I didn't make the hole I just saw it so I didn't really have duty of care to warn others...

editby]

That's a terrible hypothetical and it's not even close to the same as someone predicting something and a person commiting suicide because of it.

If someone crashed into that hole because you didn't warn them there could be a direct link to your actions and there death. And even then you could argue that if they where paying more attention to the road they wouldn't of drove into a massive hole.

If someone decides to end their life because someone has said the end is coming then it was there choice to do it. If they're that emotionally unstable that they would do something like that just because of what someone said then it was really only a matter of time until something pushed them over the edge.

We cannot be a society that walks around on eggshells, afraid of saying anything that may upset, scare or provoke these fragile individuals.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
In the first place,bible prophecy is not crap.it is real.the prophecies of the bible will come to pass wether you believe it or not.second,everybody want's to prosecute these false prophets,but what about the people who were stupid enough to believe them? no one is commenting on them.that they believed this nonsense is their own falt. lack of discernment.i am an independant minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a bible prophecy teacher.i resent the implication that those of us who are legitimately trying to help people understand the times they are living in,should be prosecuted. we're not all false prophets.you are living in the endtime,and bad things are going to happen before the Lord returns.the prophecies of the bible do not require you to believe in them in order for them to come to pass.they will come to pass.the people who listen to these false prophets and do not read the bible for themselves have no one to blame but themselves

The only thing worse than a preacher who spews out absolute puke from the pulpit week after week,is a congregation who sits in the pews week after week and laps it up.
edit on 21-5-2011 by APOCALYPSEWATCHMAN because: misspelled a couple words

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Im concerned about what the more aggresive faithful numbers will resort to in the midst of their anger when they realize they've been duped. They could very well take it out on non-believers, if HisStory, and recent crusade like atmosphere, are at all telling.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
These end-of-day prophesies have been around probably since the dawn of civilization. They are not going to end any time soon..

I personally think these end-of-day prophesies are created for fear mongering and fear conditioning purposes. Really I think it comes down to eliciting and manipulating fear in others (possible to ones personal advantage). If fear can be established in a person then the end result is control over that person. Usually we as human beings don’t fear what we know - we fear what we don't know.

So, now I'm looking at when the next end-of-day prophesy is going to take place... of course 12/21/12 is the big one - yet there are always other doomsday prophesies in between..

Also - relating to the post, I think that doomsday promoters should NOT be prosecuted (unless they directly contributed or assisted in a possible suicide). Basically the same way the current US judicial system is set up - which is somewhat complicated to explain here - and really depends on the specific scenario.
edit on 21-5-2011 by matito because: I was off topic..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I do not think anyone should be prosecuted. This is an issue of Free Speech. These doomsday people have every right to preach the end is here, and I have every right to choose for myself if I want to believe them or not. Luckily for me, I believe in not taking anyone's word for anything I demand to see evidence. With the evidence I am presented I can clearly see these people are full of crap.

If someone kills themselves, quits their job or whatever- they deserve what they get. I am supposed to feel sorry cause people are stupid?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The heading in the banner states "Deny Ignorance", so I believe you are posting on the wrong website. This is the stupidest of all posts I've come across on this site; which I joined for thoughtful, critical thinking discussions of the complex world we live in.

It's those who perpetuate a zero tolerance on anything that offends me most, and especially those who ascribe to liberty yet show no respect for differing opinions. If you stand back out of the way and remove your narcissistic self out of the picture, perhaps you can see that it is people like you as well as the MSM that is the real culprit here.

Too much time and not enough neurons, it seems.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

I wouldn't necessarily call them idiots. I may call them opportunists...perhaps even entrepreneurs. I'm sure some of them know exactly what they're doing and aren't subscribing to their own fabrications. Besides...when it comes to non-sense like this...does it really matter if it's a lie? People believe what they want.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
And while we are at it, let's kill all the ugly people, poor people and everyone with an IQ less than 110
edit on 21-5-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

I don't really see why you would include ugly or poor people. Being ugly or poor does not instantly make you stupid and incapable. If someone is stupid enough to commit suicide based on an unsubstantiated claim then...they're being weeded out for the common good of our specie.

It's nothing to worry about.
edit on 21-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by wcitizen

How is the government at all have anything to do with the 2012 doomsday phenomenon? None of what you mentioned has the slightest relevance to the topic of this thread. Now I'm not a huge fan of the government, they are majorly corrupt and yes quite possibly many of them are criminals but that doesn't have a whole lot to do with the damage being done by 2012 proponents.

It doesn't. You misunderstood my post, and yes, it does have relevance.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashyr

I am trying to see if any numbers come out from the failed May 21, but it make take sometime or days, still I am researching and keeping an eye in the news.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

Thanks, you know you are right on the spot, I actually decided to open this thread because no only I have seen so many threads on doomsday promoting and preaching that I thought it was just the right thing to do, beside I remember many cults that has caused the death of their members worldwide due to failed doomsday predictions, on of the issue that affect me the most is the Innocent caught in the middle of these frenzy and usually are the children.

Beside I take any criticism and welcome them it is a conspiracy site after all

edit on 21-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
yea.. that whole freedom of speech is a bummer isn't ..??
and so lets just do away with EVERY kinda of prediction..........that way we can all live in our own comfy zones and sip tea and never think all is going to end ..

WOW~!!

Suicide is a CHOICE, and CAN be adverted if we really & truly are concerned for one another, if someone you know is having suicidal thoughts you need to try and get them to seek out help especially if they are taking Prozac and are still having those thoughts ...........
edit on 21-5-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ScousePhil

My Point is though, Camping Knows people will kill themselves because of hic claims. He had a choice to not spread the word and spare the lives of those unstable people... He did not..!!

He has insited people into hurting themselves, knowingly and willingly.

SO their deaths are on his hands, regardless if it was there choice or not. He may not have made them do it, but he did help them decide to with his crap..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join