It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday promoters should be prosecuted for mass end of time suicides

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I totally like you Marge, and I know this will likely piss you off, and I apologize in advance for it. But if people are really such sheep that they kill themselves over some charismatic jerks doomsday prophecies, imho, the herd is better off for it.

We need to get smarter as a species. Not just technologically smart, we are doing really good in that area, but smarter in terms of who we listen to, who we trust, what arguments we will buy. We need to become more discriminating in our judgment of other human beings if we are going to make it as a species.

And the harsh fact is, that the way nature operates is via natural selection. The less capable get killed off, or in this case, kill themselves off.

We are not short humans. There are plenty of us. And the blind followers are indirectly responsible for much of what is wrong with this world. They support and enable the sociopaths that lead them.

We are better off without them. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

And Ozzy Osbourne is to be held accountable for unstable teenagers that "hear messages" when they play Dads records backwards on the Victrola and off themselves? I don't think so.

I'm sorry some folks have more frail minds than others. It is up to US to look out for our brothers and sisters, to teach them well, to lead by example. Darwin wins a few every week. Sometimes it is for the best. But in the end, for those with such beliefs, we are all held accountable for our own actions.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
No, they should be rewarded for killing off really stupid people

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Actually I made another thread that talks about Doctors predicting suicides from the May 21 prediction, you have to understand that is a lot of people that actually are waiting for the fulfillment of prophecies all their lives.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Hon nothing on your post is offending me at all, I love your post and I agree with much of it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if you prosecuted the doomsday promoters, would you prosecute all humans for putting other humans down?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The idea of committing suicide because of the rapture is hilarious. Committing suicide is a hell worthy sin...so either way... If you don't get picked up during the rapture, then you'll either get purgatory or hell, so why would you speed up the process and be first in line for hell.

That reasoning alone should protect those "prophets" of doom from being prosecuted. If you're dumb enough to commit suicide because of the rapture, which would mean you're religious yes?, then you did the world a favor by getting rid of your stupidity. Lol

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
If we can't sue Washington for their lies which have resulted in10's of 1,000's of murders and even suicides, how will this ever make it to court?

If people are going to kill themselves over this, there are far more serious problems with that individual that had nothing to do with anyone.

I agree it's a sad situation but it's a case of idiots being led because they want to be led. What happens after that is a personal choice.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i think some of these people are gonna kill themselves, they will not even concider that no man knows the time or day, they quit their jobs and have grown weary waiting for GOD!!!!! but the BIBLE says even my elect will be decived, he is a false prophet a wolf in sheeps clothing and camping is gonna burn in hell with his father lucifer!!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yahwehsprincess

This is from my other thread, BTW you are right Doctors are predicting suicides.

According to dotors, it is due to the over whelming publicity of May 21st all over United States that has grasped the entire attention. The billboards all around Canada and US can be found that state and talk about Judgment day’s arrival.

In the wake of this prediction, many religious scholars and astrologists were contacted by our team to talk about what they have to say. You can find more details bout 21 may, 2011 in our related posts section below.

www.newsgates.com...

edit on 20-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

On the one hand I do get very very angry about these sorts of events and the damage they do to those who buy into them. The suicides. The people who sell all their possessions or buy expensive doomsday bunkers. The whole 2012 thing drives me nuts because I know that thousands, if not millions, have been damaged financially and others are likely to undergo physical and at the very least psychological damage.

But on the other hand how responsible can we hold the people who believe and promote this stuff? I mean I guess if we could prove they were insincere and didn't actually believe it themselves (and just wanted to make a buck)... but it's hard to do when it comes to sincere believers. If not criminal responsibility there should at least be some civil accountability.

I used to laugh about 2012 and think I was going to have a party and rub it in the faces of those that believed... until I realized that these predictions do real damage to real people... now it sickens my stomach every time I see a History Channel show or a book cashing in on this pseudoscientific nonsense.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes, the end of the world is coming, so the doomsdays believers say, mass hysteria set in, but as usual is it in human nature for some to end committing suicide, out of despair.

Why? because believe it or not people actually are preparing for the end of world, many will commit suicide if it doesn't happen.

This is no new people had done this before.

Now should those that are doing the prediction of doomsday publicly be prosecuted if the end of the world fails again like it had in previous predictions?

I say, yes they should be made to pay for the death of Innocent trusting people, including religious figures.

23 FAILED PREDICTIONS FOR 1998

www.religioustolerance.org...

45 failed predictions for 1999

44 failed & 1 ambiguous end-of-the-world
predictions that were to occur between 30 & 1920 CE

The truth is that 2012 will come and go, some will die due to despair and mass hysteria, I think that the responsible parties should be gathered and prosecuted for this deaths.

edit on 20-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

I really think some critical thinking is required here. You're basing all this on what? What evidence is there that people will commit suicide?

IMO this is total bunkum, engineered by TPTB to discredit the alternative community and the web, and you've swallowed it hook line and sinker.

There will be more suicides caused by this government's determination to reduce people to abject poverty, to hunger and soon starvation and steal their homes and their money than there ever will be over some failed predictions.

Come on, use some common sense for goodness sake.

edit on 20-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

At least you are very aware of what is going on, you should pity those that falls for this believes, also you have to understand that as the months goes on until 2012 is going to become more virulent, the mass hysteria is actually contagious because it feeds on fears.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

What evidence is there that people will commit suicide?

Two words:

Heaven's Gate.

People who actually believe the world is going to end will do some crazy things. I once watched a lecture by astrophysicist David Morrison about 2012. He receives emails from people planning to kill themselves AND THEIR CHILDREN to avoid the pain of the apocalypse. People have been worked into a panic - people have been convinced that this is really happening - therefore people will react as true believers do.

This is not to mention the immorality of all the pseudoscientist snake oil salesmen making money selling 2012 books, DVDs, doomsday bunkers, etc (this includes the History Channel and other networks which showcased this nonsense as if it could be true).

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Naw. I think this is individual responsibility at its finest. If people choose to commit suicide before or after the date and time pass, that's on them. .

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Actually is only one way to see if this is true and is to wait to see how many suicides are the result of end of time prophecy failure.

So don't be hasty and lest wait and see.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

What evidence is there that people will commit suicide?

Two words:

Heaven's Gate.

People who actually believe the world is going to end will do some crazy things. I once watched a lecture by astrophysicist David Morrison about 2012. He receives emails from people planning to kill themselves AND THEIR CHILDREN to avoid the pain of the apocalypse. People have been worked into a panic - people have been convinced that this is really happening - therefore people will react as true believers do.

This is not to mention the immorality of all the pseudoscientist snake oil salesmen making money selling 2012 books, DVDs, doomsday bunkers, etc (this includes the History Channel and other networks which showcased this nonsense as if it could be true).

There will be some idiots who get into that state, but imo they will be a tiny minority. More dangerous for everyone is the stripping of all civil liberties, human rights, government theft of homes and money, government engineered sky-rocketing prices, food shortages, etc. THE GOVERNMENT are the people who should be facing criminal charges.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Actually is only one way to see if this is true and is to wait to see how many suicides are the result of end of time prophecy failure.

So don't be hasty and lest wait and see.

Whoot? You're kidding me right? YOU are the one who started this thread and said you think people who have made doomsday predictions should be prosecuted, and now you're telling ME not to be hasty? Wow, that's some distorted logic you're using.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Is not distorted, is very simple if mass suicides happens those linked to the ones committing suicide and still live should be prosecuted and charged if they were found to be the ones promoting and econouraging death.

Is not the first time in history that cults leaders has gotten away alive after murdering their flocks .

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Are you serious? We might as well start by prosecuting Superman illustrators and cartoonists for all the injuries and deaths incurred by kids jumping off roofs and bunkbeds.

Anyone dumb enough to off themselves because of a prophesy unfulfilled probably deserves it. If it wasn't this prophesy that pushed them over the edge then it will be the next.

You say "their lies are killing people"; no, the idiots are offing themselves. Even those idiots have reasonable thought, they just choose not to use it, which is totally within their rights.

If what your proposing does transpire, anything fiction will be illegal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join