It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear for mass stranding of whales with head injuries on South Uist. Earthquake on the way??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel
reply to post by abecedarian

Can one get a break down of what kind of whales on each of the strandings? It's Pilots that seem to be most accurate. Sorry if this sounds heartless, it is not, it is for this reason I have such feelings for Pilot whales in particular.
thank you
rainbows
jane

I'm not sure a breakdown would be helpful. Seems that any species that beaches is a potential "signal" that an earthquake is imminent. I would think that there would be more than one species beaching if they were truly to be seen as an indicator of catastrophy, but it seems others take any ball and run.

But I think there was mention of two pods that were beaching, one native to the north Atlantic and another that went into the south Atlantic. Chile and Argentina were mentioned above. Interesting though as it says "Southern Ocean", which when taking into consideration this is the Atlantic being discussed... Chile is on the Pacific Ocean side of the South American continent.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Over the past fifteen years, the CSIP has identified a number of significant phenomena in UK stranded cetaceans, including by-catch in porpoises and dolphins, a correlation between infectious disease and high levels of pollutants in porpoises, violent and fatal interactions between bottlenose dolphins and harbour porpoises and, most recently, discovered a decompression sickness-like condition predominantly in deep-diving cetaceans.

www.zsl.org...

t the most controversial theory, one that recent investigations appear to prove, is that anthropogenic, or human-generated noise, may be to blame. For whales, the sense of sound is above all their most important way of reading the underwater world. They navigate, communicate, and hunt by sound. The modern use of military sonar, which unleashes incredibly loud sound into their environment with no preliminary warning, has been shown to cause deep-diving whales, such as pilot whales and beaked whales (the family to which the famous Thames whale belonged), to surface too quickly. In effect, they panic. Seismic surveys for oil exploration – particularly in the North Sea and around Scotland – may have the same effect. As a result, the animals suffer the same syndrome as human divers who resurface too quickly: decompression sickness, or 'the bends'.
www.guardian.co.uk...

"Generally, if there is a large whale stranding, there is a military exercise in the area," says Parsons. "Sonar is killing more whales than we know about."
Necropsies of pilot whales have revealed them to have suffered tell-tale burst blood vessels.
www.sciencedaily.com...

The waters off the West Coast of Scotland and the Inner Hebrides are the Royal Navy’s Scottish Exercise Areas (SXAs), which are routinely patrolled and used for operational sea training and exercises.

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

because all the world ever seems to do these days is fight.... I have no doubt that there is some kind of training with our nuclear subs going on
most investigations into strandings seem to think it is related to human interference, I agree as most of worlds ills are due to human interference!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Magnitude ML 4.6
Region ICELAND
Date time 2011-05-21 19:10:56.4 UTC
Location 63.91 N ; 18.52 W
Depth 1 km
Distances 168 km E Reykjavík (pop 113,906 ; local time 19:10:56.4 2011-05-21)
167 km E Kópavogur (pop 26,157 ; local time 19:10:56.4 2011-05-21)
101 km NE Vestmannæyjar (pop 4,203 ; local time 19:10:56.4 2011-05-21)
www.emsc-csem.org...

this is the second quake in Iceland in the last half hour....maybe they did know what was coming!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
like vanishr stated they probably had there ears blown out by sonar...

or HAARP

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
UPDATE

There was`EQ just outside Blackpoolagain yesterday/day before, and now this on RSOE EDIS in the Highlands of Scotland.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join