It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Voters want to be ruled by an aristocrat.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So david camerons Uncle believes that the British working classes like to be ruled by the aristocracy.

“The thing is, and the Labour Party underestimate it, but, if you ask the working classes who they want to lead them, they prefer to be led by a duke,” Sir William tells Mandrake at the launch of his memoirs, Settling the Bill, in Mayfair.
“I know it’s an unpopular thing to say these days, however I have learnt this from my own experience.”

This attitude does not surprise me at all and to some point I agree that many Brits like the Idea of being ruled by aristocracy. Not me, but, you can see it in our culture. People are under the illusion that the aristocracy "know whats best" .
In my opinion it's nonsense, there are British posters on ATS who I believe are more capable than the blue blooded aristocracy. The aristocracy only care about maintaining their own position in society, with their titles and land. They dont want to see any change to their privileged life styles, why would they. So why are people under the illusion the aristocracy have their best interests at heart?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ugh. It just goes to show how far-removed these people are from reality.

People didn't vote Conservative because they wanted an aristocracy leading them, they just wanted something different from Labour after all those years.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I have always liked Labour but they messed up - The idea for the collaliton was new to me but to be honest I think its working as well as it possibly can do.... the conservatives have work together with the Lib Dems to get anything done so i think it works as a balance Conservatives on their own would be wrong and the Lib Dems on their own EPIC FAIL!! but between them they are working as a team ..... thats what i think anyway

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

As if any of these c*nts in westminster know what 'the british working class' want or need !!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by addicted2011

The thing is once Labour became New Labour, they lost the whole raison d'etre. they became Tory lite, ignoring their working class base and roots and adopted neo liberalism and a clamber for the Middle Classes. The working class were ignored, which is why we see so much resentment for Labour in working class areas, which have been sold out by New Labour. Labour died with John Smith and New Labour was born under Blair and Brown. Now there is little between the Tories and New Labour, they are both targeting the same type of voter and those who make up the parties come from very similar educational backgrounds.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I do not want to be "Ruled" but Governed by a body that knows what they are doing and truly has the interest of the people at heart, whether they are of Noble birth or not.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Ah... the rich speak... and more often than not it is out of their bums...

still there you go... at least it is an insight into his garbled world..

IMHO it does not matter the colour of tie or title they care little for us ants but it does seem evident to me that we need a ground up change in the way we are governed..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
So david camerons Uncle believes that the British working classes like to be ruled by the aristocracy.

“The thing is, and the Labour Party underestimate it, but, if you ask the working classes who they want to lead them, they prefer to be led by a duke,” Sir William tells Mandrake at the launch of his memoirs, Settling the Bill, in Mayfair.
“I know it’s an unpopular thing to say these days, however I have learnt this from my own experience.”

That's funny considering what David Cameron's genealogy reveals, he is more or less an aristocrat, at the very least extremely upper class. Cameron and his wife come from very wealthy upper classes and were both multi- millionaires when they got together.

Cameron's line goes back to hugely influential English families such as the Talbots in the 15thc. Other relatives include

great-great-grandfather Sir Ewen Cameron,[12] London head of the Hongkong and Shanghai Bank, played key roles in arranging loans supplied by the Rothschilds to the Japanese central banker (later Prime Minister) Takahashi Korekiyo for the financing of the Japanese Government in the Russo-Japanese war.[18]

Cameron's maternal grandfather was Sir William Mount, 2nd Baronet, an army officer and the High Sheriff of Berkshire, and Cameron's maternal great-grandfather was Sir William Mount, 1st Baronet, CBE, Conservative MP for Newbury 1918–1922. Cameron's great-great grandmother was Lady Ida Matilda Alice Feilding.

His great-great-great grandfather was William Feilding, 7th Earl of Denbigh, GCH, PC, a courtier and Gentleman of the Bedchamber.[19] His mother's cousin, Sir Ferdinand Mount, was head of 10 Downing Street's policy unit in the early 1980s. Cameron is the nephew of Sir William Dugdale, brother-in-law of Katherine, Lady Dugdale (died 2004) Lady-in-Waiting to the Queen since 1955,

en.wikipedia.org...

DAVID CAMERON, the most blue-blooded Tory heir apparent for four decades, is more aristocratic than even he realised. Research published today shows that he is, in fact, related to the Queen through an illegitimate royal child.

Not only that but researchers discovered that his wife is also descended from a royal mistress.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Cameron is just about as aristocratic as you can get without having a title. His uncle knows this so basically what he's really saying is 'The british like being ruled by my nephew David Cameron'

If you research Nick Clegg (democrats leader) you will find that he is descended from dutch nobility and is also distantly related to cameron. Basicaly most of our MPs come from very priveliged backgrounds, the different parties are just illusions to make you feel you have some choice in the matter. We are still more or less ruled by the same types of people as hundreds of years ago.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This coming from the same nobheads who don't seem to be able to clarify how bad "rape" is. They don't know what we want, they're so far removed there in f***ing la la land

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Great post, its disgusting, manipulation on all levels, We are still living in the dark ages, forget technology, They see themselves as the Royals, the rich & we are the poor, i.e the peasants. Anyone who thinks there vote counts towards anything, is delusional.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Good little video to some that up.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Yep, good video that sums it up. Three quarters of our government are millionaires and most of them go to schools that charge fees higher than the average persons wage, as the video states.

How could anyone think these people represent us? Like the comment Cameron's uncle made, they probably all think they were born to rule rule us. They don't need the MP's salary for a start.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

They probably all think they were born to rule rule us. They don't need the MP's salary for a start.

Who does that sound like, Illuminati.

new topics

top topics

join