It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your advice and comments on OOBE/AP/IMMORTALITY

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I've recently been very interested in out of body experiences and the astral projection phenomenon. I've been trying to practice the "skill" for the past eight months maybe, and I'm getting no where.

I'm on the verge of giving up, I'm starting to believe that this stuff is just all imagination and in the mind of people.

I have a friend who claims to be able to do it instantly, where ever and whenever. We had a discussion the other day about it and he believes OBE's and Astral Projection are the key to immortality and unlocking information from your past to learn the present you. When i ask into detail he cant say much more, but what he says, sounds feasible ? what do you lot think ?

Any advice, any personal experiences would help out alot and be appreciated.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ayahuasca?

This is the way of the Shaman. There was a thread, basically a how to Astral Project, some where on here. Good Luck!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My opinion? It's all chemical.

I don't think there is any special, hidden meaning behind out of body experiences, I think it's just our brain either misinterpreting the information around us or the brain experiencing a brief moment of confusion. The proof? Drugs, chemicals, when ingested by the body can easily induce hallucinations or OBEs. My experience? I have experienced a few dissociatives in my time

Here's a link to a thread I made a while ago that I got a bit of flack for

Out of body experiences just the product of a confused mine

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Thank you, was an interesting read. I'm still torn between is it real or not. But when you think about it, there's no official scientific evidence proving or disproving OBE's, recreating one doesn't disprove it i might think ? Some people even claim to witness things away from there bodies without being there. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks i think, gonna try brainwave sounds to induce one.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
People of all walks have experienced seeing themselves from outside their bodies, very commonly while having had a major accident of sorts. One of my cousins who is an atheist told me how when he was young, he suffered a burst appendix and was looking down at himself on the operating table from the ceiling. I use to have another friend who had a motorbike accident and was looking at himself lying on the road from above his body.

It is the soul of a person. We all have one, regardless of ability to astral travel of have OOBEs. The soul lives forever. It is important we know where we are going when we die. I personally believe in Jesus and his death on the cross that restores my relationship with God.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

I believe in the lord myself, hence my signature and DP. but part of me believes there's a link to the souls world and our own, may be against god or a sin to look into such things but it may be a key to something alot bigger. I'll just tell my priest at my next confession

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My first aware OOBE was when I was 7 years old... 1967.

I roamed around the house.. think of where you want to go and you just go there. My hands passed through the refrigerator door and other cupboards where food was kept. I went into my parents room and saw Mum sitting up reading while Dad was on his side snoring. Through my sister's bedroom window I saw the milkman's horse and cart, saw the steam from the horse in the winter's air and listened to it's clip-clop pace.

Everywhere I went that night there was light in the darkness.. it came from me. When I went back into my room, two things were obvious.. I was still in bed asleep.. at least a wet clay looking statue of me was in my bed, and, there was an ancient man shining very bright light who talked with me until I lost focus and rejoined the wet-clay body.. and.. it felt horrible to get back in.

Next day when talking with my parents, Mum agreed she was sitting up reading and Dad was snoring, and that the milkman's rounds are at 1am with his horse and cart... which was something I didn't know prior to this experience.

Since then.. yeah that was last century now.. it has happened naturally many times and when experimenting with it in the 70's found some success.. then by the 90's found a more effective method to "Journey" that isn't limited by the astral sublte energy 'body'.

How OOBE works for you while you are awake will be personal to you. It's weird how you have to control your mind and breathe.. focusing just on the Feeling of breathing and then give up the control when you feel the initial movement.. like a swaying or jittery Feel leading to an "audible" sound like a "crack or snap". And that releasing control to flow with it is the hard bit everyone struggles with.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I was in a command post deployed for Operation Iraqi Freedom. Late one night we lost power which was common due to the wind/sand storms - but this time was different. I didn't know it but the command controllers had intellegence that there was a chance of sabatoge to our remote location. They started to load weapons, and discuss destroying the classified materials. It happened so fast. I stood there the only female, not armed, (long story that basically ends with we were not perpared as a whole but that is war) thinking do I run out into the open desert or hide, both of which seemed so impossible to even be thinking as I was fully aware I was at War. At that moment I flew out of my body and up into the clear desert night above our location and watched as special forces sercured our parimeter on foot and by ATV and worked their way into to us like the drawing in of a a net. I don't remember how I came back to myself - but suddenly I was in my body, aware but kind of dazed and special forces were there, and we were secured. I walked past all of them with the feeling I was invisable.

It took me a while to process this event happened and to articulate it. Funny but the Psychiatrists at the VA recently wrote that I experienced a "depersonalization event" in a combat zone . . . I would never have thought of it as such. I spoke with a famous/noted psychic - and she dismissed this event and said it didn't count and was not interested in the many strange events/lucid dreams/and sensations of remote viewing that have occured to me since then. I wish there was someone to talk to that would guide me through this event.

Ironically I watched the Men who Stare at Goats and fell in Love with that movie, it just resonates with me. My goal is to travel to the Monroe institute for a Remote Viewing class just to be around the instructor Skip Atwater and in the environment where there is a general sense of more understanding of what I might have been through. I think it would be a healing experience. Flying out of your body with no guide, suddenly during trauma - is an odd experience to "awaken from" - so thats my story, the short of it is the OOBE was very real to me.

edit on 20-5-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My first OOBE was at the age of 5 even my dreams began even earlier than that. First time was alot like being in a fish bowl seeing the room from the cieling but concaved. I could list a lifetime of experiences but I am 43 and it would take a very, very long time to list everything. Anyway you wanted to know how, not my life story.......

Tip: Most basic.....If your THINKING there's your first and most fatal error.
Close your eyes....Relax in any position you feel the most comfortable.
Complete and utter quiet..... only the moment......not whats coming .......or which has past but that moment, no thought what so ever.
Some people that find this hard usually just notice the breath...not a thought but the fact you are.
Then just contonue for a while.
Eventually you will slip out, at first you will snap out of it in fear but keep doing it eventually you just slip out and away to where ever it takes you.
Don't try to hard either, once a day is quite enough......
That is how I explain my way of being in OOBE when you wish to do it intentionally. Otherwise it is a natural occurrence as you are about to sleep or as you wake. I have had the ability all of my life at will thats why I found meditation quite easy and you will know when you have achieved something....trust me....there are markers you pass within.
This is a good start....

edit on 20-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Oppinions differ widely on OOBE'ing & AP'ing, but the vast majority of people (inclusively scientists) will tell you that it's just a product of your imagination or a misinterpretation of your brain.

That's until you speak with people who actually EXPERIENCED Astral Projection, OOBE's or even a near death experience. Interestingly enough, not many of those consider the experiences they have undergone as a product of their imagination. Think about the near death phenomenon where patients could tell what their doc's were discussing during surgery, while being officially death for a view minutes. Or, think about patients who visited "heaven" during such a near death experience and learned about the death of a friend or relative whom they considered to be still alive.

There are simply too many discrepancies and inexplicable things that science cannot fully explain when it comes to OOBE's and AP, but if I'm not mistaken, science hasn't (dis-)proven the existence of god, as well. Still, many people believe in some god or the other, without any scientific proof

If I was you, I would try as hard as I could to discover my own truth. This includes reading about the scientific theories on these experiences, but also what the personal accounts who experienced such phenomena have to tell. But the most important thing for me would be to make my own experiences with it, BEFORE forming an opinion out of what others have said, which might be influenced heavily by half-truths or biased opinions.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Hey mate! I have been doing the same thing for about the same time as you and I have had kind of "vibrational state" couple of times, but it has freaked me out a bit, so I have lost it right when I think Im close to something.

I get on my back in bed and start meditating, relaxing from the toes to the top of my head. After a while a tingling sensation should start in your arms, legs and allover. Im in a need of advice too what to do from there, but few tips i have had and have to wait for a good moment to try them.. I will let you know how it goes when I next time get somewhere with it.
Just dont give up, for some it seems to come easily and then theres us who it seems to take ages to get there

I have had very interesting sensations, so I know I must be on a right track. Be patient, good luck and peace!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

Yep, most threads and video's and websites say, persistence is one of the main factors aswell as complete meditation and various other factors.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I've been able to do these things my entire life. But here's the kicker. I don't try to do them. They just happen.

I'll focus more on the scientific aspects while giving my own opinions. If there is a biological reason for this my personal thoughts are some people process seratonin and melatonin in different ways. But what could determines this? That's where I am stuck.

I have also read that people meditate and focus more to induce AP and OBEs. I think I naturally do these things without actually being aware of it. I don't practice meditation but I am good at concentrating on my own thoughts. I am highly aware of myself.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I wish i could have a leaf out of your book Cry93 lol. What do you ATSer's think about my friends prediction? The fact you could get immortality through such phenomenon? Thats if is real? It doesnt seem to farfetched really. Some people are able to link themselves to past lives and past events. Imagine your able to learn everything from your previous lives? Thats if there's such thing as reincarnation at all anyway.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
For those of us who have tried to achieve an out of body experience for a long period of time need to practice certain things. I've been trying for almost 3 years now and have gotten close on some occasions and have had extremely weird experiences with coming out of body within a dream, which started the process on the physical plane, but it was cut short because of excitement.

I've learned that a big factor in all of this, for me, is my ability to really relax. Due to many health issues, it's very hard for me to relax both physically and mentally. Whenever I have been able to relax to the fullest, I've come the closest to projecting. A true practice in meditation can really help. It is a practice, so keep at it and take notice of how the process works and how you can get better at it. Also, practicing visualization can be crucial to projecting. You can build your own process for projecting out of your physical body, devise visualization steps which will help focus and put any worries or thoughts to rest and affirm yourself that you will leave your body. I believe that being in a state of happiness, or achieving happiness through affirmations and the beginning process of projection, may be the biggest helping factor. Learn to progressively relax your muscles, take notice of what it feels like for each muscle possible to tense up and relax.

I rarely find time to practice anymore, but when I do, this really helps me.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.

edit on 21-5-2011 by SinkingSun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I've been having OBE's for years and truthfully they kind of freak me out, especially at the beginning of one when I "wake up" and am paralyzed. I usually fight them until I "wake up". I know they're real experiences because one night I "woke up" when I was out of my body and I realized I was in my niece's bedroom. My sister was in the room also and trying to put her to bed but my niece was fighting her and didn't want to lay down. My sister was getting angry and I started feeling uncomfortable about watching the whole thing and felt that I shouldn't be there. I "woke up" and looked at the clock and it was about 11:30 at night and thought I was having some kind of weird dream because there was no way my niece would be awake at that time of night since she was only 4 or 5 at the time.
The next day I called my sister and she told me that the family had been out all day and didn't arrive home until sometime after 11 and she had a hard time getting her daughter to bed.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I discovered what OOBE's were about a year ago, and became very interested in OOBE's. I did some research on it, and after days of reading I decided to try it out during my vacation time. I had the 'vibration stage', after a couple of weeks but I got too excited and didn't progress further. I tried it out a couple of more times but couldn't seem to continue since the vibrations became too much to handle. I haven't tried since, but I think it's worth a shot.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lllNixielll

Yep, the excitement is stopping me too and it breaks the relaxation wich is required to have OBE. Right?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

It sure does. I can't even imagine what my reaction will be like when I actually (if ever) have an OOBE. That'd be the day

top topics

<<   2 >>

join