It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admits Re-election a 'Tough Race' : (I think he is delusional)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You invalidate your own arguement when you sink to the level of race. It cheapens your own standing and creates an impression that nothing else matters.

Want some advice? Stick to the issues. Why purposly cheapen your own statements.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
S&F just for that last pic in the OP's post LMAO

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Janky Red

If you are in a smaller town or city I am sure it must have not spread just yet, I have faith it will pick up for you and yours, hang on there.
Sounds just like a much maligned economic theory called trickle down to me.

I do have my hopes up, I am not as gloom and doom as you might think. I just think that our country could be a great one if our politicians, and I mean 99% of them would spend our money the way it should be spent.

ETA: I gave you a star on your last one, you obviously do have faith in our country. I do too, just not in our politicians.

edit on 20-5-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I don't believe in trickle down, I believe money levitates upwards infact.

My thought is, cities cannot thrive without the benefit of smaller locales supplying the big cities. Real estate
costs make production and warehousing of many things in the city cost prohibitive.

We will get it together

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If TPTB are satisfied with Obama's performance he will be re-selected.

If they have a candidate they believe will be more effective at forwarding
their agenda then Obama will be replaced.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Obama will be re-elected in 2012.

Why?

Because every single major Republican nominee only wants to cut programs that help the middle class and poor...but nothing else.

They don't want to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans....especially the top .1 percent...even though their tax rates are historically low.

It doesn't take a damn genius to see what is happening. The middle class and the poor are expected to take the hit for our debts and the wealthy get out easy...hell they are even pushing to cut their taxes even more!

Damnit...I wish we had something better than Obama....but unfortunately someone like Bernie Sanders cannot run. Instead any opposition is going to be a Republican who never refers to the AMERICAN PEOPLE as the MIDDLE CLASS AND POOR...BUT TAXPAYERS.

You will never hear them say the middle class because in reality they don't give a damn about the middle class.

Is Obama doing much better? Not really...but at least he's advocating spreading the hurt a little...although someone with 20 billion losing a few billion WON'T HURT THEM AT ALL.

People need to wake up to the fact that this nation is controlled by corporations...who not only barely employ Americans...BUT SIMPLY DON'T WANT TO PAY ANY TAXES....MANY AREN'T NOW.

If they are threatened with taxes THEN THEY THREATEN THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WITH HIGHER PRICES AS TO NOT TAKE A HIT ON THEIR BILLIONS OF PROFITS.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

Why is this nation in trouble? Because people believe the BS from the same entities that are causing the corruption in your government.

/end rant

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I don't believe in trickle down, I believe money levitates upwards infact.

Trickle down debt seems to be working mighty fine Janky. The people at the top don't have to worry...they'll get bailed out while the rest of us eat crow.

It works beautifully.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

You invalidate your own arguement when you sink to the level of race. It cheapens your own standing and creates an impression that nothing else matters.

Want some advice? Stick to the issues. Why purposly cheapen your own statements.

Why dodge...just address the facts....I'll repeat them.

His average approval rating right now is a +9 ( www.realclearpolitics.com... )

The polls agains all the potential GOP candidate has him winning at this point ( www.realclearpolitics.com... )

And despite the propaganda...Obama has not increased taxes and the Economy is getting better with him in charge.

www.americanthinker.com...

The economy.

•The Great Recession, which began in 2007, ended in June 2009, just five months after Obama was sworn into office.
•Since June 2009, real Gross Domestic Product has grown in every quarter, at an average annual rate of 2.8%. In the preceding eight years, from 2000 to 2008 (4th quarter to 4th quarter), average growth was only 1.7% per year. Real GDP is now at an all-time high.
•Over the last 14 months, over two million private sector jobs were added to the economy. Over that same period, over 300,000 government jobs were cut.
•The stock market is up over 60% since Obama was inaugurated. It is now at levels not seen since June 2008, or before Bush bailed out Fannie and Freddie and gave us TARP.

Taxes.

•There has been no tax increase since Obama entered office. In fact, he cut taxes.
•The tax rates enacted under President Bush were extended. We are now paying at the same tax rates we were in 2007 and 2008, if not less.
•The stimulus was about one third tax cuts and tax credits.
•As part of the legislation extending the Bush tax rates, Obama added billions more in tax cuts and credits.
•A big reason that the federal deficit is so large is that federal receipts are 4.1% of GDP lower in 2011 than in 2007. (OMB Table 1.2)

The Health Care Reform will go to the SCOTUS...and I am confident that it will be upheld...which will be a huge blow to whichever GOP candidate gets the nomination.

So if they can't knock him on taxes, and not on the economy, and not on the healthcare reform being unconstitutional, and the birthers have been made to look foolish, and he is the president that killed Osama Bin Laden.....WHAT exactly are they going to knock him on???

Give me a list of things that the GOP candidates can use to effectively go against Obama...details please.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Unemployment is at 8-something % and underemployment is @ 25%.

His healthcare bill is a nightmare and may not get through SCOTUS.

He still wants to end Bush's tax cuts which will raise everyones taxes.

He has thrown trillions into the economy to artificially raise the stock market, all the while, the dollar is constantly devaluing.

His foreign policies are weak and inconsistant (Libya vs Syria) for example.

I see his chances at slim to none.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Common Good

Can I make a suggestion to the ATS staff?
anytime someone uses the word "racist" directed towards another member on this website, they should be penalized 500 points or put on a temporary ban, because this nonsense is just getting out of control.

LOL...so you and your crew want to be able to throw out racial phrases and create racial undertones...but you don't want to be called on it.

-wait, me and my crew?... When did I ever say anything racist?
AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
Dont call me racist, you have no reason to. Thanks.

-- Ill respond back to you when you give me your apology.

Till then - Deny Ignorance =)
edit on 20-5-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-seven percent (37%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Oh good...distortions to pick apart.

You use ONE poll...while I use an average of all polls. You picked out the ONE poll that has him negative...we all know Rasmussen is never going to poll Obama positive. And to further his bias...he only publicly publishes the "strongly disapprove" vs the "strongly approve" numbers.

You will see...if you look at your own link...that the overall approval in Rasmussen is a -1...not the distorted -13 from only looking at the "strongly" viewed results.

Why not look at ALL polls and take the average??? Does that not fit your agenda???

Here...the average of all recent polls....+9 for Obama.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

Unemployment is at 8-something % and underemployment is @ 25%.

And it was over 9 percent...it is coming down...and nothing suggest that it won't continue to do so. If he gets that under 8...it will be a non-issue. If it gets close to or under 7...it becomes a huge plus for Obama.

His healthcare bill is a nightmare and may not get through SCOTUS.

We will just have to wait and see on this one. I don't think the SCOTUS is gonna want to weaken the Commerce Clause...so I don't think there will be a problem for Obama here.

He still wants to end Bush's tax cuts which will raise everyones taxes.

This is just a flat out lie. He wants to end the Bush tax cuts for the top two brackets...he wants to make the other breaks permanent.

Are you also forgetting that taxes have gone DOWN under Obama??? Or did you leave that little bit out???

He has thrown trillions into the economy to artificially raise the stock market, all the while, the dollar is constantly devaluing.

Hyperinflation right??? Where is it??? I've been hearing this for almost 3 years now...any day now...right?

His foreign policies are weak and inconsistant (Libya vs Syria) for example.

Three words...Osama Bin Laden. I don't care if you or anyone on this site thinks he is responsible for it...on the campaign trail, no one will question it.

With Libya...he did exactly what he said he would do...take part in military action as a coalition. I see no inconsistencies at all.

I see his chances at slim to none.

To not even admit that at the very least the GOP has a very very hard fight ahead of them is just not being honest with yourself.

Obama has admitted it will be a tough fight...and I agree...every Presidential election is a tough fight. But Obama has many things going for him. He is on an upswing, he will have a ton of money, he won't go through a rough and ugly primary, all of his "dirt" is already out there.

His chances are very good....admit it or not...but I think deep down you know this to be true.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2012

Look out Obama...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

We can go back and forth on polls.

Big maybe for unemployment.
Big maybe for his healthcare bill.

I live over seas. The dollar is sinking huge against th euro.

After today, Obama will be in violation of the War Powers Act, if he continues this un-war in Libya.

Again, Obamas' chances are slim to none.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why can't I just eat my waffle?
Barack Obama

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

How didhe sink to the level of race?! It was the OP that did that. You wanna know when people stop pulling your fabled "race card"?

When you stop being RACIST.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I got an Idea.

Why dont we just turn this thread into

"Everyone who does not like Obama is a racist"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

How didhe sink to the level of race?! It was the OP that did that. You wanna know when people stop pulling your fabled "race card"?

Prove I've been racist or go away.
Tell me what MY skin color is, and you get a prize.

Again *yawn* more distraction. . . . .

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

We can go back and forth on polls.

Big maybe for unemployment.
Big maybe for his healthcare bill.

I live over seas. The dollar is sinking huge against th euro.

After today, Obama will be in violation of the War Powers Act, if he continues this un-war in Libya.

Again, Obamas' chances are slim to none.

I don't have to go back and forth on polls...I use the average...I don't cherry pick the one that supports my world view. That is what you tried to do. Don't try to play it off like it just doesn't matter now.

Nothing is a guarantee...but both unemployment and healthcare are trending good for Obama right now.

The Euro isn't really moving much against the dollar...since 2007...it goes up and down right within the range that it is currently fluctuating in. I really don't see any alarming trend here.

If you can provide a source for your claim...that would be great

I don't think you will find any poll, prediction market, or analyst that says Obama's chances are slim to none. I'm realistic enough to admit that it will be a tough fight....even Obama has said this. Why is it so hard for you to admit that Obama has a real chance at being re-elected?

What does it gain you to lie to yourself???

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I got an Idea.

Why dont we just turn this thread into

"Everyone who does not like Obama is a racist"

You seem to be talking about race more than anyone else.

You can always jump into the conversation of Obama being re-elected and refute any of the arguments I have put forth.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Prove I've been racist or go away.
Tell me what MY skin color is, and you get a prize.

Again *yawn* more distraction. . . . .

I mean "you" as in the "you pullin' the race card" people like it's some sort of excuse to be as racist as you want. As far as your skin color, why does that matter? You think only certain skin colors can espouse ignorant racism?

Look, my point stands. If you say something racist like "Obama should get to the back of the bus", then don't say "RACE CARD!!!!!!111!!!" when somebody calls you on it. If somebody steals my wallet and I yell "thief!", am I pulling the "thief" card?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I was gunna post something in regards to that but I almost forgot, Im not talking to you till I get my apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join