It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is getting very popular here, time for an ATS poll?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Hey guys, given that we've been seeing official ATS polls recently, I really wanted to see where we stood as a forum in terms of presidential candidates. Will ATS be doing political endorsements? Anyway, I hope some moderators/members can post more information on this.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

While I support Ron Paul, I really hope ATS does not do any political endorsements, even if it is for my favorite politician.

The reason is, ATS is supposed to be a beacon of discussion, and as such it's important for the site itself to maintain an official stance of neutrality. It's bad enough that we have all the 'impeach Obama' ads (just like the 'impeach Bush' ads that ran during his presidency), but I understand that the site administrators don't always get to pick which ads show up for who.

Ron Paul has always been popular here at ATS, and I'd like to think it's because the members here (for the most part) pay more attention to political goings-on than the average American. We realize the massive trouble our country is facing, even if the mainstream media is choosing to ignore the subject.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Play any speech of Ron Paul to French,Mexican,Chinese ,Danish ,Russian, Egyptian,Brasilian,Japanese.... everybody will support him ..every good man and women of this world .This man can change the world ..i'm not American but i hope he wins.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Isn't Ron Paul aged 76! Seventy Six !!!!

Don't you want someone likely to survive a full term?

Remember Regan? I'm not sure he could remember anything !!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I support Dr. Paul, even though he is getting a little old now.

But you know what? Even if he wins I don't think it will mean much because I am convinced the system itself is corrupt. If he poses a serious challenge, he will get slapped down somehow. If he gets along to go along, well, then he'll just be another politician, won't he?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Old??? Man alive, I know people in their eighties that have more energy and stamina than some people in their forties.

Face it, 70's is the new 50's. .

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Most people here on ATS love the doc with a passion, I am probably the only one here who thinks he is crazy.
The poll would most likely be useless, I can tell you now its going to be around 99% in favor of him.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
Isn't Ron Paul aged 76! Seventy Six !!!!

Don't you want someone likely to survive a full term?

Remember Regan? I'm not sure he could remember anything !!!

He's the perfect age for becoming a Pope, why not a President?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I agree, maybe it is time for a poll on this. It doesn't reflect on the staff at all, just what the membership thinks. From what I have seen, I will guess approximately 60% to 65% in favor at ATS of voting for Ron Paul. The rest, well, they prefer a Muslim dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is strange, how come this thread is not more popular?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
This is strange, how come this thread is not more popular?

As a previous poster implies, we all know that the result would be a landslide in favour of RP.

Ron Paul is nearly on his own in the honesty department. People are sick of the polticians lies and they hunger for an honest leader.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

not really, he is to old to be prez.

you will get maybe 10 radical cult followers here to vote for him.

ok maybe 12.

he screwed himself with the iran nuke comment.

eta; and 42 sheep.
edit on 14-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
As a previous poster implies, we all know that the result would be a landslide in favour of RP.

You're assuming that most ATS members are pro Paul. That is why a poll is necessary.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Hey guys, given that we've been seeing official ATS polls recently, I really wanted to see where we stood as a forum in terms of presidential candidates. Will ATS be doing political endorsements? Anyway, I hope some moderators/members can post more information on this.

A poll would be interesting....sort of an unofficial straw poll for us.

As a member AND former mod here, I honestly cannot see ATS ever endorsing any politician.No matter what.... ATS and it's staff are just way to diverse to agree on one candidate to back...... it wont happen and will only start fights and hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm sure Ron Paul Fantasy would do great in an ATS poll.

1. It's the internet.
2. It's unscientific.
3. Any age welcome.

The same reasons Ron Paul Fantasy does good in Internet Polls is the same reasons he won't make a dent in state primaries.

top topics

join