It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture: The Official Nothing Happened Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
...Too soon?

I'm really sorry about this, I'm sure we're all pretty tired of the whole Rapture thing and this thread is just going to pile up with the others, but I thought maybe we should have an official "Nothing Happened" thread now instead of creating dozens tomorrow.

If you don't agree, then Mods, please move or delete

Lets look at the recent threads going around ATS:

May 21st, 2011 End of the World - Claim and Rebuttal

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

Woman Tries to Kill Children, Self to Avoid 'the Tribulation

The End of the World - 6pm on the 21st May, 2011

My Theory of the Rapture, Reality and May 21st, 2011

If the world ends on Saturday, that means I only have 3 days left to _______. ?

What are you doing for Rapture Saturday ?

Oakland-based Family Radio sees donations soar as 'Judgment Day' approaches

Rapture: Left Behind

Anonymous planning "Operation Rapture"

Don't make any plans for Sunday. Jesus was wrong!

Harold Camping Ulterior Motive for The Rapture prediction

JESUS IS COMING! Everyone look busy! (Best title so far)

World is to end (again) on Saturday – now Russians know it too

(Hey, one of those is mine, I thought I'd clear it up so it doesn't appear like I'm picking on other members' threads. This is only a list with examples of the number of threads there have been lately)

Here's what Harold Camping has said about this Saturday:

THE END OF THE WORLD IS ALMOST HERE! HOLY GOD WILL BRING JUDGMENT DAY ON MAY 21, 2011

JUDGMENT DAY is feared by the world and is the day that God will destroy the world because of the sins of mankind. The world is correct in believing that Judgment Day will come. The Bible gives us the correct and accurate information about that Day.

The Holy Bible gives several additional astounding proofs that May 21, 2011 is very accurate as the time for the Day of Judgment.

God is proving to us that we have very accurately learned from the Holy Bible God’s time-plan for the end of the world.

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08a9fa6438d3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b049a54fdb6.jpg[/atsimg]

Mr. Camping is absolutely positive the Rapture will be this Saturday, May 21st. The thing is, he has been wrong before. In a book published in 1992 called 1994?, Mr. Camping again used some strange mathematical formula to predict the Judgement Day. When the day came and went and he and his followers were still here, he admitted he had made a mistake.

Also, it says right in the Bible, where Mr. Camping gets his data from, that "of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only"
Matthew 24:35-36

But if you're reading this and you're one of his followers, don't panic! He clarifies it this way:

However, it was not until a very few years ago that the accurate knowledge of the entire timeline of history was revealed to true believers by God from the Bible. This timeline extends all the way to the end of time. During these past several years God has been revealing a great many truths, which have been completely hidden in the Bible until this time when we are so near the end of the world.

And to the non believers he says this:

A knowledge of the actual time of the Rapture and an understanding of Judgment Day is of enormous significance. God warns in 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3 of the Day of Judgment coming to destroy those who deny that near the end of the world the true believers will know the time (the hour) of Christ’s coming to bring to Heaven (to rapture) the true believers and to begin the Day of Judgment (the day).
Source

So, this is really up to you. Which option do you prefer?

1-Believing a man who has predicted the End Times before and was totally wrong, yet still have faith in him and wait for God to take you to Heaven?

Or...

2-Refuse to believe a man who is:
a) Only looking for money
b) convinced beyond any doubt due to his Faith in God
c) brainwashed by religious beliefs to the point of not being able to tell reality from fiction

I'm looking forward to hearing your local reports on people's reactions to the Judgement Day Gone Wrong.

Good luck, fellow ATSers. I'm sure we'll need it on Sunday to deal with all the religious fanatics and his explanations.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Casandra because: Spelling

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I HEREBY PREDICT...

That God will teach some people a big, big lesson... by doing nothin'.

(thanks for gathering the links...)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Well I don't think it will happen but its annoying me already.
The block party has started... and its 4 in the morning!! AHHHH!!!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I've already heard 2 people screaming that its the end of the world.
Its times like this that I regret not buying a paintball gun.

It might be the end of the world for them, but its not the end of my project and I would really like to get some coding done AFTER sleep.
JERKS!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I thought that it was pointed out that he isn't actually collecting any money at all.....but actually spending his life savings on those stupid billboards.

Anyone got a source stating if and how much money he is apparently getting?

Cheers

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

I love ATS its like the news but way faster. People started talking about this at school and i laughed told them the whole story and told everybody we had been talking about this for months now.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You went through a lot of effort with the opening post, but as is apparent there are already many threads on this topic. Please add thoughts (before and after) on this subject to one of the existing threads.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

join