It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The may 21, 2011 prediction is a scam!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just be aware if the predicted may 21, 2011 rapture doesn't happen. It's because the man who was behind the prediction wanted a but load of money. $70,000,000! He asked for donations to help his religious organization. In case you don't know, the one behind all of this is Harold Camping. He predicted that the rapture would occur on September 1994. But we all know that didn't happen. I bet he made money off of that prediction as well. Does anyone think he should be arrested by the F.B.I.? I don't know if it will happen or if it won't happen. But we all know who to come after if it doesn't happen. HAROLD CAMPING. It's wrong to make money off of a religious event. especially the second coming of Christ. Does anyone agree with me on this?
edit on 20-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: mistake in grammar

edit on 20-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
no i dont agree.if people are stupid enough to believe him and give him there money then thats there own business

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

There will always be scam artists out there, ready to prey on the ignorant.

It is up to the individual to believe this tripe or not, there will always be the believers, and the followers, but if you are prepared to delve deeper, the truth will always prevail.

Do not fall for these charlatans.

VVV

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
people giving to Harold Camping is no different than us people giving to this illegal government.....WE are just as stupid as his followers..we just give to a different diety....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
he seems to believe what he's preaching.....but follow the money, the millions and millions of untaxed dollars that have come his way is telling....add in the fact that he's getting alot of free publicity and it smells like a scam....plus read this dudes math, it's ridiculous. The bible itself says NOBODY will know when the "rapture" starts.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
people giving to Harold Camping is no different than us people giving to this illegal government.....WE are just as stupid as his followers..we just give to a different diety....

Except Harold Camping won't come put me in jail and ruin my entire life if I don't donate...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Why would he need money if he is going to heaven he wouldn't really would he that how you know it bs.That's why I've started thread asking for the people who strongly believe this is going to happen tomorrow to donate me there savings as they won't be needing them,just wanted to see how many true believers there really is no donations so far as I predicted.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hell yeah the prediction is a scam because the rapture itself is a scam.
It doesn't exist nor ever has in the bible, and funny enough the quotes often cited from the bible in defense of the idea are out of context passages referring to the second coming.

A little research will show that the whole notion of the rapture itself stems from the early 1800s by a failed "prophet" who in his own time was ridiculed and his "prophecy" marginalized.
The rapture itself was all but forgotten until within the last 30 years with the popularity of the "Left Behind" book series. Funny how fiction can take a completely made up biblical prophecy and somehow make it credible.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by dethduck

Actually the notion of rapture is not completely made up off of some random idea. There is a verse in Revelations thats talks about the gathering of some chosen people before shtf. Dont ask me where I havent read the bible in ages but when I was a Christian that was my favorite book...love the doom and gloom. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   

Actually the notion of rapture is not completely made up off of some random idea. There is a verse in Revelations thats talks about the gathering of some chosen people before shtf. Dont ask me where I havent read the bible in ages but when I was a Christian that was my favorite book...love the doom and gloom. Lol

link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
The guy who predicted this stuff really has nothing to go on..

He mentions a verse or two then tries to back it up with incoherent non-sense that he thinks is logical...

These prediction threads really are annoying...especially when the guy is religious and doesn't even have faith in what his "God" said...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Since you can't be bothered to back your claim allow me to back mine

Just one source:

Almost all Christians are interested in prophecy. This is especially true if the prophecies show what will happen to Christians themselves. There is nothing wrong in desiring such personal knowledge. Even our Lord gave a considerable amount of teaching about the circumstances to befall His people at the end of the age (Matthew 24:22–25). We all share a common concern in wanting to know about the participants, the chronology, and the geography of those prophecies. To comprehend the full knowledge of them it is obvious that all relevant statements of our Lord and His apostles must be properly interpreted and placed in a coherent order. Many Christians have attempted to do this. As a consequence, the doctrine of the Rapture has arisen. So important has it become to many that the teaching is now sanctioned in some circles as the prime revelation from God to show what will happen to members of His ekklesia just before and during the Second Coming of Christ. Some of the greatest friends of the Holy Scriptures have accepted this teaching (and they teach this false doctrine even by mistranslating the phrase “first resurrection” as “the former resurrection” in Revelation 20:5). If one translates the word correctly as “first,” then it means the resurrection of Christians occurs after the Tribulation, and the Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory is shown to be false. 1 The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Theory, however, is a menacing doctrine that perverts the plain language of the text of the New Testament. Some preachers today look on the doctrine as the heart and core of present Christian expectations in regard to prophetic truth for the near future! Many believe this false teaching is the principle hope of the Body of Christ for their redemption and safety during the Great Tribulation. We need to look at this teaching carefully.

To further help you ease your own research...
Where does the rapture come from
Origins of the rapture
Is the Rapture in the bible

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The fact is, by its very nature, calling the Rapture a "biblical" prophecy is in itself heretical at best.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
Just be aware if the predicted may 21, 2011 rapture doesn't happen. It's because the man who was behind the prediction wanted a but load of money. $70,000,000! He asked for donations to help his religious organization. In case you don't know, the one behind all of this is Harold Camping. He predicted that the rapture would occur on September 1994. But we all know that didn't happen. I bet he made money off of that prediction as well. Does anyone think he should be arrested by the F.B.I.? I don't know if it will happen or if it won't happen. But we all know who to come after if it doesn't happen. HAROLD CAMPING. It's wrong to make money off of a religious event. especially the second coming of Christ. Does anyone agree with me on this?
edit on 20-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: mistake in grammar

edit on 20-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)
Well in a way it is the end for him maybe, i mean look at how old the guy is.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads on this topic.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join