It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Black Supporter of the Confederate Army

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Below is a link to an excellent video from an articulate, intelligent and passionate black Southern man who is a supporter of the Confederate Southern Army and for the cause of the defence of Southern liberty and culture.

Like the black Confederate soldiers that fought for the South to retain its own unique Southern culture, he also fights against the insidious march of Federal government mandated politically correct fascism that seeks to criminalise, minimise and hide the culture and history of the South.

Link here ;

www.youtube.com...

Here also is a link to a website detailing the story of the 65,000 plus black soldiers who chose to fight for the Confederate Army against the North ;

www.usgennet.org...

Black Confederates? Why haven’t we heard more about them? National Park Service historian, Ed Bearrs, stated, “I don’t want to call it a conspiracy to ignore the role of Blacks both above and below the Mason-Dixon line, but it was definitely a tendency that began around 1910” Historian, Erwin L. Jordan, Jr., calls it a “cover-up” which started back in 1865. He writes, “During my research, I came across instances where Black men stated they were soldiers, but you can plainly see where ‘soldier’ is crossed out and ‘body servant’ inserted, or ‘teamster’ on pension applications.” Another black historian, Roland Young, says he is not surprised that blacks fought. He explains that “…some, if not most, Black southerners would support their country” and that by doing so they were “demonstrating it’s possible to hate the system of slavery and love one’s country.” This is the very same reaction that most African Americans showed during the American Revolution, where they fought for the colonies, even though the British offered them freedom if they fought for them.

It has been estimated that over 65,000 Southern blacks were in the Confederate ranks. Over 13,000 of these, “saw the elephant” also known as meeting the enemy in combat. These Black Confederates included both slave and free. The Confederate Congress did not approve blacks to be officially enlisted as soldiers (except as musicians), until late in the war. But in the ranks it was a different story. Many Confederate officers did not obey the mandates of politicians, they frequently enlisted blacks with the simple criteria, “Will you fight?” Historian Ervin Jordan, explains that “biracial units” were frequently organized “by local Confederate and State militia Commanders in response to immediate threats in the form of Union raids…”. Dr. Leonard Haynes, a African-American professor at Southern University, stated, “When you eliminate the black Confederate soldier, you’ve eliminated the history of the South.”

Oh and by the way - in the superb book Negrophilia by the black writer Erik Rush ;

Link here - www.amazon.com...

Video link here - www.youtube.com...

Erik Rush reveals the truth about the civil rights struggle in the southern states.

Remember the black and white film footage of the police in the south attacking black people with fire hoses and police dogs that we see on every documentary about Jim Crow - well the governor of that time was a DEMOCRAT governor.

How many people know that the Ku Klux Klan were supported and given political representation by the DEMOCRAT party ?

How many people know that the Democrats were the main party that voted against civil rights for blacks throughout the history of the United States ?

If you want to understand the hidden history of America and the truth - then read pages 47 - 51 of the book by Erik Rush and be amazed.

President Obama is a representative of a party that supported Jim Crow and that fought against civil rights for blacks for over a hundred years.

Here is a glimpse of the truth in the link below.

Be ready to be shocked and amazed.

Link here ;

online.wsj.com...

■There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms supporting slavery. There were six from 1840 through 1860.

■There is no reference to the number of Democratic presidents who owned slaves. There were seven from 1800 through 1861

■There is no reference to the number of Democratic Party platforms that either supported segregation outright or were silent on the subject. There were 20, from 1868 through 1948.

■There is no reference to "Jim Crow" as in "Jim Crow laws," nor is there reference to the role Democrats played in creating them. These were the post-Civil War laws passed enthusiastically by Democrats in that pesky 52-year part of the DNC's missing years. These laws segregated public schools, public transportation, restaurants, rest rooms and public places in general (everything from water coolers to beaches). The reason Rosa Parks became famous is that she sat in the "whites only" front section of a bus, the "whites only" designation the direct result of Democrats.

■There is no reference to the formation of the Ku Klux Klan, which, according to Columbia University historian Eric Foner, became "a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." Nor is there reference to University of North Carolina historian Allen Trelease's description of the Klan as the "terrorist arm of the Democratic Party."

The list continues on the article.

It details the full story of the Democrat Party as the party of racism, anti-civil rights and pro-KKK.

America it is time to wake up.

The media have enslaved you to lies.

The history you are being taught in your schools is a lie.

It is time for all Americans of all races to wake up, free themselves from their mental chains and reclaim their liberty.

edit on 20-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

/\
I
I
not even going to touch this subject with a ten foot pole

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why ?

Are you scared of the truth ?

There is nothing to be scared off, only the fear of remaining in ignorance.

A free man is a man who is not clad in chains, either physcial or mental.

If you wear the chains of mental slavery by choice - then you embrace your own slavery.

Be free my friend.

Cast off your chains of mental slavery and walk into the gardens of liberty as free men reborn in a New America !

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I am not a bit surprised. This is a great area of interest to me and I still live it to one extent or another everyday here in the South. Yes, I'm white and I can never understand the struggle of the blacks completely. There is more I want to say on this but I am going to lay back and see how this developes first. Should be interesting.
Seeashrink

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The War Against Northern Aggression had very little to do with slavery....It was the yellow belly Yanks that loved slavery as they were the majority of slave holders as us poor southerners couldn't afford to have any even if we wanted them....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

no its not that im scared it just sad when pointing out the facts about African Americans past. first off the first person to own a black slave in America was a black man. Then point out the fact that history shows that very few slaves had been abducted and whisked away on a slave boat to become slaves like the movie roots in actuality they had been sold by other tribes who captured them then sold them to white slave traders. They find out pharaohs of Egypt didn't come from Africa and have European DNA. The list goes on

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

I am not a bit surprised. This is a great area of interest to me and I still live it to one extent or another everyday here in the South. Yes, I'm white and I can never understand the struggle of the blacks completely. There is more I want to say on this but I am going to lay back and see how this developes first. Should be interesting.
Seeashrink

You and me both dude, I don't understand the struggle of blacks either. By the way I'm black, no slaves ever in the family just native americans and black people.

I'm still confused.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by seeashrink

Seeashrink

You and me both dude, I don't understand the struggle of blacks either. By the way I'm black, no slaves ever in the family just native americans and black people.

I'm still confused.

Buy the Erik Rush book and read it - it is a mind opening book.

And no, I am not Erik !

I am just a fan of his writing.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Let's be honest, the war was about states rights, and 'states rights' in the 1860's included the 'right to own slaves'. There were other factors leading to the war of course (southern nationalism etc) but to act like slavery wasn't at least in some way a big issue and a cause for the war is to deny an important part of this history of the civil war.

That being said if someone could provide me with a list of reading material which would invalidate my points I'd be more than happy to revise my position on the subject incase I'm missing something. Also to add, my points aren't meant to offend people who are proud of their 'southern heritage' I'm simply saying that slavery is a big part of the history of the USA and the origins of the civil war. There is nothing wrong about displaying a confederate flag, so long as the intention of it's display is not to intimidate.

ETA: What is the relevence of bringing up the democrats?
edit on 20-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: edit to add

edit on 20-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

This is so misconstrued,

Yes Black people did fight for the South... However, 179,000 black soldiers were enlisted in the Unions Army.

Black solders faced many problems with racism in the rank of the union but they were FREE men.

In 1863 President Lincoln issued general order 233 which threatened reprisals against Confederate POWs if the Confederate did not stop mistreating Black Union POW's.

The black troops, however, faced greater peril than white troops when captured by the Confederate Army. In 1863 the Confederate Congress threatened to punish severely officers of black troops and to enslave black soldiers.

In perhaps the most heinous known example of abuse, Confederate soldiers shot to death black Union soldiers captured at the Fort Pillow, TN, engagement of 1864. Confederate General Nathan B. Forrest witnessed the massacre and did nothing to stop it.

Yes the Democrats and Republican have slowly shifted position over the years, each one taking over many of the others positions and policies on certain issues... A bit like what happened here in your native country of Britain, with Labour becoming slightly more pro business (in the Blair years) and the Conservative trying to adopt a more liberal approach to social issues. But this is simply what politicians do.

However, this does not negate from the fact that the American South was mainly pro slavery with the North mainly Anti slavery.

However, there seems to be a growing trend of ignoring traditional historians, scientists, geologists etc who use the traditional methods of uncovering evidence and drawing conclusions from that evidence, in favour of pseudo experts who have an agenda and look for evidence to support it.

And look at this quote from your source...

The Confederate Congress did not approve blacks to be officially enlisted as soldiers (except as musicians), until late in the war. But in the ranks it was a different story. Many Confederate officers did not obey the mandates of politicians, they frequently enlisted blacks with the simple criteria, “Will you fight?”

So basically we will only except blacks officially as flute players... but unofficially you can fight and die... But not on equal terms with the same rights as white solders!!

Oh... I watched the video of the “articulate, intelligent and passionate black Southern man “ and in my opinion he done nothing but waffle about walking around America with his flag and how angry he was that a flag had been taken down. He mentioned nothing about history other then how proud he was that “Folk who look like me earned dignity under this flag”

Er... How??

No disrespect but I think his elevator doesn’t go to the top floor... Just being able to string a few word together does not mean you are sane.

Peace

edit on 20-5-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think he is more sane than you.

He questions authority and thinks for himself - you parrot what you are told by authority and just accept it.

The reason I put the info in about the democracts is to show people how ignorant they are of the past politics of the South - and of the present political parties as well.

America is now systemically ignorant.

There are millions more mental slaves in America today than there ever were in the south.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The democrats were probably brought up as political subterfuge, I would think that's pretty obvious.

The OP's post reeks of agenda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

He questions authority and thinks for himself - you parrot what you are told by authority and just accept it.

And you ignore the facts i present you with and resort to petty insults...

He may question authority and think for himself (as do i) but that alone is not proof of sanity.

He does, however, defend a flag that was used as a symbol of oppression against millions of "folk who looked like him"

He is simply pumped up with misguided patriotism. Almost like the Stockholm syndrome.... he has fallen in love with his oppressors. That, to me, is a little bit insane!

Peace

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
The democrats were probably brought up as political subterfuge, I would think that's pretty obvious.

The OP's post reeks of agenda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yep.

I have an agenda.

Its called WAKE UP AMERICA !

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

And you ignore the facts i present you with and resort to petty insults...

He may question authority and think for himself (as do i) but that alone is not proof of sanity.

He does, however, defend a flag that was used as a symbol of oppression against millions of "folk who looked like him"

He is simply pumped up with misguided patriotism. Almost like the Stockholm syndrome.... he has fallen in love with his oppressors. That, to me, is a little bit insane!

Peace

You insulted a man whose opinion you disagreed with and inferred he was mentally ill.

Thats the sort of thing petty little Liberal Stalinists love to do - they call anyone who doesnt agree with their liberal BS as mentally ill.

Stalin used to lock up those people who wanted a 'democracy' in mental hospitals.

You defend a flag, the Union Flag, that killed hundreds of thousands of Americans in its war to conquer the South, that infected black people with VD to test drugs on them, that supported Jim Crow, that slaughtered millions of Native Americans and on and on it goes - the long list of American crimes.

Yet this man thinks for himself - and you call him mentally ill.

If anyone has fallen in love with their oppressor - it is you.

Figures.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

You insulted a man whose opinion you disagreed with and inferred he was mentally ill.

Thats the sort of thing petty little Liberal Stalinists love to do - they call anyone who doesnt agree with their liberal BS as mentally ill.

Just if you were in any doubt that there are some political shenanigans going on here.

You could at least try to address Muckster's sources, if you believe they are lies or inaccurate state why and provide evidence. It's not that difficult, is it?
edit on 20-5-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
These are just a few of the crimes committed by your government against its own people, not the Southern states against black people ;

peterhardin.com...

WASHINGTON–In the last war that touched American soil, there was a biological killer and a federal investigation.

Attempting to isolate the sometimes deadly biological agent, federal scientists used patients at a Virginia asylum as their laboratory subjects.

The biological killer was an accident: A widespread vaccination of U.S. troops against yellow fever backfired awfully.

Tens of thousands of soldiers were sickened with hepatitis early in 1942. Scores died. The vaccine had been given in part to protect against a possible biological attack.

The human guinea pigs were patients at the Lynchburg State Colony, a mental retardation facility. They were powerless, voiceless and anonymous.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

U.S. government medical researchers intentionally infected hundreds of people in Guatemala, including institutionalized mental patients, with gonorrhea and syphilis without their knowledge or permission more than 60 years ago.

And this is what the Federal Government did to blacks in the South - this is the 'prize' for those blacks who fought for the North ;

en.wikipedia.org...

The Tuskegee syphilis experiment[1] (also known as the Tuskegee syphilis study or Public Health Service syphilis study) was an infamous clinical study conducted between 1932 and 1972 in Tuskegee, Alabama by the U.S. Public Health Service to study the natural progression of untreated syphilis in poor, rural black men who thought they were receiving free health care from the U.S. government.[1]

Thats the country that the blacks of the south fought and died for - a country and flag that let them rot with syphillis whilst they were supoposed to getting free health care.

Still proud now ?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

What does that have to do with the topic? Nothing.

Try again. Muckster raised some interesting points and provided sources, address that not the poster nor irrelevant governmental issues from the last century.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Nearly 150 years ago.
Different times.
Different politics.
Different people, none of which are still alive anymore.
To dwell in a past we had no part of and claim generations later that it somehow has relevance to our collective lives now seems disingenuous.
We have enough crap to deal with now without having events from a century and a half ago thrown before us as if the issues of those days continue still.
They don't.
It's hard moving forward to see where it is you are going if you're busy looking behind you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

What does that have to do with the topic? Nothing.

Try again. Muckster raised some interesting points and provided sources, address that not the poster nor irrelevant governmental issues from the last century.

Is Jesus irrelevant as he was born 2000 years ago ?

Is the Holocaust irrelevant as it happened last century ?

Get a grip.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join