It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Energy and Gravity - Yin and Yang of the Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Just a little information about "Dark Matter" that you might find interesting

www.nasa.gov...

Astronomers think that the expansion of the universe is regulated by both the force of gravity, which acts to slow it down, and a mysterious dark energy, which pushes matter and space apart. In fact, dark energy is thought to be pushing the cosmos apart at faster and faster speeds, causing our universe's expansion to accelerate. In this artist's conception, dark energy is represented by the purple grid above, and gravity by the green grid below. Gravity emanates from all matter in the universe, but its effects are localized and drop off quickly over large distances. New results from NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer and the Anglo-Australian Telescope atop Siding Spring Mountain in Australia confirm that dark energy is a smooth, uniform force that now dominates over the effects of gravity. The observations follow from careful measurements of the separations between pairs of galaxies (examples of such pairs are illustrated here). The results are one of the best confirmations of the nature of dark energy to date.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I don't get it

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by balon0

NOBODY does !!!
they have no idea how to explain what they can measure course it's against they theory.
and it is easier to use something not measurable or provable to fix licking theory then throw this one away.

ok, some little theory from me

our whole Universe is a boiling soup in "God's" pot, and "God" is some king of big big white matter driven by white energy

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Dark matter and dark energy are ad hoc, invisible, untestable, creations used to
make a flawed mathematical theory work.

There is ZERO physical evidence for the existence of dark matter or dark energy.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Version100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
I don't get it

Based on the paragraph, in layman's terms, its saying that gravity holds the universe together, while the mysterious dark matter spreads it apart, causing our universe to infinitely grow. The source of dark matter is really undefined, but it works with gravity to keep the universe sustained and balanced, like "Yin and Yang."

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by balon0

NOBODY does !!!
they have no idea how to explain what they can measure course it's against they theory.
and it is easier to use something not measurable or provable to fix licking theory then throw this one away.

ok, some little theory from me

our whole Universe is a boiling soup in "God's" pot, and "God" is some king of big big white matter driven by white energy

Some do understand. It is a little hard to understand, but with a little help, you'll get there

edit on 20-5-2011 by Mizzijr because: Literary Mistake!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Based on the paragraph, in layman's terms, its saying that gravity holds the universe together, while the mysterious dark matter spreads it apart, causing our universe to infinitely grow. The source of dark matter is really undefined, but it works with gravity to keep the universe sustained and balanced, like "Yin and Yang."

Only on paper.

No evidence in the physically observable universe supports that claim.

DM/DE are nothing but fudge factors to make bad equations work.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

What do you mean equations? You don't need math to understand the concept, just Newton's Laws. It is a simple "push and pull" factor of physics. Only with space and the universe as a whole. The universe is forever expanding, and the question is, "how? if gravity is supposed to pull?" There IS something pushing. I don't know much about dark matter off the top of my head, but the the force of dark matter has to be greater than the force gravity no doubt.

I was going to say that "of course it can't be proved physically [...]"

but I found this thread just recently. ↓

Take a look:

New method 'confirms' dark energy

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

and here we go...
"The concept of dark energy was first invoked in the late 1990s by studying the brightness of distant supernovas - exploding stars. Einstein was right To explain why the expansion of the Universe was speeding up, astronomers had to either rewrite Albert Einstein's theory of gravity or accept that the cosmos was filled with a novel type of energy. "

they HAD TO create something other wise RT wasn't right.
That's enough to me, it simply proves Einstein was wrong !!!

don't tell me RED is not red but BLUE, it just something we can not explain or prove that makes it looking RED
so... 1 = 2 with something that makes it 1 again???
common

and here something off topic about the Twin Paradox
constant speed of light ?? who knows Speed of Light

and there is more more and more to think about Einstein was wrong !

edit on 20-5-2011 by KrzYma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

You are still living yesterday's paradigm.

There is little doubt about dark energy now. See the link in the post above yours for more information.

And – I don’t know where you’ve been getting you information from, but – relativity theory has never been falsified. Not once.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma
reply to post by Mizzijr

and here we go...
"The concept of dark energy was first invoked in the late 1990s by studying the brightness of distant supernovas - exploding stars. Einstein was right To explain why the expansion of the Universe was speeding up, astronomers had to either rewrite Albert Einstein's theory of gravity or accept that the cosmos was filled with a novel type of energy. "

they HAD TO create something other wise RT wasn't right.
That's enough to me, it simply proves Einstein was wrong !!!

don't tell me RED is not red but BLUE, it just something we can not explain or prove that makes it looking RED
so... 1 = 2 with something that makes it 1 again???
common

and here something off topic about the Twin Paradox
constant speed of light ?? who knows Speed of Light

and there is more more and more to think about Einstein was wrong !

Wow.. okay, first of all, LOL!!

Secondly, this subject doesn't have to get that serious. I'm not even thinking of Einstein. and frankly, I'm not in the mood to get that smart right now, I'm on "Cruise control" so let's relax

But let me ask you a question before we commence.

Do you think space is expanding or not?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

Do you think space is expanding or not?

and what if Universe is much bigger then they told us and the "measured" expansion is actually more locally and only for "now" and will change in the next 1 ore 100 billion years ??

you must ask yourself why I'm not the "believer" everyone else seems to be,
in my school time I didn't pass the test course teacher told us the Wankel Engine works ONLY in theory, that's what his teaching books was saying.

Actually he himself had a Mazda car with Wankler Motor, so I asked him, how can it be I do not pass the test if he has the proof in his garage. Well... nothing changes since centuries, if you start thinking yourself and if unluckily it is different from what they want you to think... burn this witch !!!

ones more...
I heard that the REAL size of the Universe comparing to seen Universe is like seen Universe to an Atom

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just a question........
As I understand it, dark matter was invented to explain what force exactly was causing the universe to expand as it was.
But ............the expansion that needed explaining was based on measurements based on the red shift of the stars..
But.............recent research has shown that the red shift produced by the stars is NOT determined by their speed/motion
Therefore the measurements made based on that incorrect assumption are meaningless
Therefore the rate of the expansion of the universe based on those incorrect measurements are meaningless
Therefore the need to invent a 'dark matter' to produce sufficient gravity to explain that rate of expansion is silly.
No?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

I don’t think so.

But.............recent research has shown that the red shift produced by the stars is NOT determined by their speed/motion

Could you provide a link to this research, or to an online article describing it?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Here is one...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

That is a ‘plasma cosmology’ web site. A pseudoscientific nonsense site. Could you link to some genuine science, please? Preferably a peer-reviewed paper or a reputable science publication?

posted on Apr, 5 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

Dark Energy is nothing more than the solar wind from billions of stars. When I proposed this to Ask a Scientist, I was told it couldn't be solar wind as it would push the stars within the galaxy apart.
The planets within our solar system are buffeted constantly by the solar wind and have not been pushed away. Gravity within the solar system holds the planets in their orbit. The center of our galaxy is suppose to be a super massive black hole holding the solar systems within the galaxy by gravity and there my be gravitational interaction between stars.This being said, where does the solar winds go once they leave the galaxy? Are they trying to say the winds somehow stop.

posted on Apr, 6 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Dark matter is E8-singlet states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings. They are co-equal to E8'-singlet states. They just have not yet been discovered (yet).

Dark energy is all the 10-d gauge fields of E8' (now broken down into certain symmetry groups that would be giving away a Nobel Prize to reveal to possible plagiarists). It is mostly composed of the massless, E8-singlet counterpart of the photon. Being E8-singlet states, Dark matter/energy only interacts gravitationally, being invisible.

It's all very simple really. Some of us have had the proof for 30 years. We just don't talk about it much.

posted on Apr, 7 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dark energy is the intrinsic energy of vacuum. It rises due to quantum fluctuations and the Uncertainty Principle, and causes vacuum to expand.

Fairly simple, in my view.

new topics

top topics

join