It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How easy is it to get a Hawaii birth certificate? Even Sun Yat-sen had one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sun Yat-sen was the founder of the Koumintang the Chinese Nationalist Party that controlled mainland China in the early part of the last century until the Communist took control in 1949 and they retreated to the island that is known today as Taiwan.

According to Wikipedia(I know not Wikipedia!) and I quote.

Sun went to Hawaii in October 1894 and founded the Revive China Society to unveil the goal of a prospering China and as the platform for future revolutionary activities.

Members were drawn mainly from Cantonese expatriates and from the lower social classes. In March 1904, Sun Yat-sen obtained a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth, issued by the Territory of Hawaii, stating he was born on November 24, 1870 in Kula, Maui.

en.wikipedia.org...

So apparently it was easy even back then to bribe someone to come up with the proper documentation needed to show you were born there.

Nothing much has changed on those islands since then.

edit on 20-5-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: poor spelling mistakes

edit on 20-5-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

Well, that was in the 19th century, and a bit easier to bribe your way in to paperwork, I would imagine.

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I think it may be a stretch to say that something that could be done over 100 years ago could still be done in more modern times.

And sorry, but "Nothing much has changed on those islands since then" ?? Sounds like you are bashing the islands. Hawaii is a modern place these days, you do realize this? That's a bit out of line, in my opinion.

join