It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland-based Family Radio sees donations soar as 'Judgment Day' approaches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I found this the other day and have posted it in other rapture threads. I'm pretty convinced that when nothing happens this weekend this will be the "out".

Time is progressing and news is leaking out from the staff of Family Radio that Harold Camping is aware that May 21, 2011 might not be judgment day after all. Consequently, he has already prepared a defense to explain to the radio listeners that he was not wrong, but that God has heard all the prayers and seen the repentance of people, and in His mercy has postponed the judgment.
Source

Apparently someone from Family Radio had noticed Harold Camping commenting on the Jonah and Nineveh story and they think that he is prepping his followers to use the story as a "God is mercifully" cover story when nothing happens. Which if that is the route they take, it will probably bring them more money afterwards. They can take the stance that they helped spread the word of God and it saved us.

Also of note, Family Radio has used the name Project Jonah thru their eBible Fellowship website to "spread the word" internationally. www.ebiblefellowship.com/
--------
Here is a website I found that gives an analysis of the Jonah and Nineveh story. It also deals with predictions from false prophets. www.letusreason.org

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Why would these people donate to this man/church/organization/whatever if they are convinced the world will end? What good will it do them? Why not give it to the folks who won't be going? They are the ones that can use it most, right?

But really, I hope people aren't donating their life savings and end up screwed twice. Once when May 21 comes and goes with no rapture and then donating their hard earned cash.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

That's okay to believe what you do.Time will tell.

Mark 9:23 - Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."
Mark 16:16 - He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Luke 12:46 - the master of that servant will come on a day when he is not looking for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in two and appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
John 3:12 - If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:36 - He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
John 5:24 - Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
John 6:29 - Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
Romans 3:3 - For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?
Romans 11:20 - Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear.
2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
1 Timothy 4:12 - Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Hebrews 3:12 - Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God;Mk:1:15: And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Mk:16:16: He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mk:2:17: When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Mk:1:4: John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Mt:3:2: And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mt:3:8: Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Mt:3:11: I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mt:4:17: From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mt:9:13: But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Mt:11:20: Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:

Mt:11:21: Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mt:12:41: The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

Mt:21:29: He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

Mt:21:32: For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

Mt:27:3: Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,

Mk:1:4: John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mk:1:15: And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mk:2:17: When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Lk:3:3: And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Lk:3:8: Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Lk:5:32: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Lk:13:5: I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Heb:4:2: For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
1Pt:4:17: For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Rv:1:5: And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,There is going to be a rapture (ref: 1 Thessalonians 4:17, 1 Corinthians 15:52...). According to the Bible we will not know the day nor the hour. See Matthew 25:13; Mark 13:32-33; Matthew 24:36; Matthew 24:50; Luke 12:46; Matthew 24:42; Acts 1:7. The Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 2 Peter 3:10, Revelation 16:15.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2: Now we beseech you, brothers, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together to him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Keep in mind that there are signs of the end times and we should be aware of them, but do not trust anyone who says they have a particular date - when the Bible states otherwise. The Book of Revelation gives a stern warning about adding to Revelation.
1 Cor. 15:35, 36, 44, RS: “Some one will ask, ‘How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?’ You foolish man! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. It is sown a physical body, it is raised a spiritual body.” (So death comes before one receives that spiritual body, does it not?)

Did Jesus say whether the world would see him again with their physical eyes?

John 14:19, KJV: "Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also." (Compare 1 Timothy 6:16.)

What is the meaning of the Lord’s ‘descending from heaven’?

Could the Lord “descend from heaven,” as stated at 1 Thessalonians 4:16, without being visible to physical eyes? In the days of ancient Sodom and Gomorrah, Jehovah said that he was going to “go down to see” what the people were doing. (Gen. 18:21, RS) But when Jehovah made that inspection, no human saw him, although they did see the angelic representatives that he sent. (John 1:18) Similarly, without having to return in the flesh, Jesus could turn his attention to his faithful followers on earth to reward them.

In what sense, then, will humans “see” the Lord “coming in a cloud”?

Jesus foretold: “Then they will see the Son of man [Jesus Christ] coming in a cloud with power and great glory.” (Luke 21:27, RS) In no way does this statement or similar ones in other texts contradict what Jesus said as recorded at John 14:19. Consider: At Mount Sinai, what occurred when God ‘came to the people in a thick cloud,’ as stated at Exodus 19:9? (RS) God was invisibly present; the people of Israel saw visible evidence of his presence, but none of them actually saw God with their eyes. So, too, when Jesus said that he would come “in a cloud,” he must have meant that he would be invisible to human eyes but that humans would be aware of his presence. They would “see” him with their mental eyes, discerning the fact that he was present.

John 17:3 tells us, "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ

,This guy makes it hard for us believers.It makes non-believers believe all this rapture and god stuff is lies.False witness,makes people go crazy about Jesus.Jesus,never acted like this.Jesus said not even he don't know the time,not even the angels.You can't any words in the bible.God condemns this.
,I,like this guy,jack he gets facts and truth and not afraid to tell it,or show it.He shows prof all.I,watch him on tbn.He is on tbn.org to.this is the true rapture.........when it happens.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Look what this guy has done,and they still believe him...........Harold Camping proclaimed the Lord's return would be in 1994
Harold Camping now proclaims the Lord's return will be in October, 21, 2011
Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements
Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994
Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994
Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church
Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate....................People run as far as you can from this FALSE WITNESS!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oh my,Partygirl,False witnesses always have excuses.He just wanted more money and he thinks fame.It was seen all over the world.His ego was feed to the max.This is so sad,these people really believe him,This is what occults do,they brain wash people. I,feel those people,I,hope someone can get to them and get them to see the truth.It will be hard tho.The spiritual war is very hard and very serious,evil messes with the mind and heart.But have faith Good will overcome evil.Jesus wins in the end,scales will fall from man kinds eyes,,.Mark 10:15I tell you the truth, ANYONE who will not receive
the KINGDOM OF GOD like a LITTLE child WILL NEVER enter it.(HEAVEN).1 John 2:3 We know that we have come to KNOW HIM if we OBEY His
commands.

The man who says, "I KNOW HIM, " but does not do
what HE COMMANDS is a LIAR, and the TRUTH is not in him. But if
anyone obeys HIS WORD, God's LOVE is truly made complete in him.
That is how WE KNOW we are IN HIM. Whoever claims to live IN
HIM must walk as Jesus did.FOR YOUR SOUL,

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
People trying to buy their way into heaven?
Who would have thought it?
Mind you they seem to do that on the God channel all the time..
edit on 20-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I thought that this would be obvious, but apparently not. People aren't donating to this man because they believe in his message, HE'S BEING PAID TO SPREAD IT

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is not an actual video. It is a recorded phone call into the radio show, but his voice is easily recognized. I took a minute to transcribe most of what is said, in case nobody would want to listen. (Also, it was somewhat entertaining to me, to write it down)

Caller,
"Quite a few people have been taking their life savings out, and giving it to your radio station. On May 22nd, will they get a refund?"

Harold,
"We don't tell them what they are to give. Let each make their own decisions on those matters."

Caller,
"Well, since you don't want to trick anybody, then on May 22nd, they should get their money back."

Harold,
"Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. May 22nd will be judgement, the 2nd day of Judgement Day.

eeerrr uuummm eerreeerr ggaahh aahaaauuh We don't know what how, whats gonna happen on that first day. We have no idea, but its gonna be horrible. It's gonna be a horror story that we absolutely cannot concieve of. Millions of people will die on that day, and everyday thereafter,

and it's it's this this eerr This kind of conversation whaaa whoo uuuhhh whaa whaa about what will we do the next day uuuh that doesn't make, it's nonsense. It's utter nonsense, because it IS going to happen. This is what the bible teaches.

We don't we don't we don't. This is not. is not something uuuh yeap yeah. theres a tiny tiny tiny chance that it's going to happen.

It IS going to happen."

Everything he uuuhh says eerr uummm aahhh uuuuh is utter nonsense.

not even all of his own employees are convinced that the world is ending on Saturday.

In fact, many still plan on showing up at work on Monday.

"I don't believe in any of this stuff that's going on, and I plan on being here next week,"
a receptionist at their Oakland headquarters told CNNMoney.

A program producer in Illinois told us, "We're going to continue doing what we're doing."

money.cnn.com...

edit on 5/20/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not going to mock

(just in case
)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

"" Essentially what is happening is this church is preying on the fears and paranoia of people(yes all churches do this to some extent lol) ""

FALSE. mere opinion and ignorant observation.

churches ' outside ' the catholic church are supported by the church goers. they are like a family and they give to support and provide for the church to the Glory of GOD.

sure there are a few churches where they are all for the money.. but the majority are spiritually driven to honor feed the sheep of the fold and give Glory to GOD.
edit on 20-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Anybody who thinks that Family Radio is in it for the money is ignorant. There has not been a single time in Harold Camping's videos in the past 2 weeks that he asked for donations. He really believes that "this is going to happen" and is doing everything he can via advertising and speaking to spread the word. Simply put, if nothing happens on the 21st, Family Radio is done.

Money is the least of their worries.

I agree. Anyone who has donated, has done it of their free will. It's certainly not the only church in the world to have money. For the OP to state this is "evil" is in my opinion, ridiculous. It's no more evil or outlandish as those making the December 2012 predictions. You are right about money being the least of his worries if nothing happens. I don't personally know this man, and I assume the OP doesn't either. Maybe god did tell him something. Who knows? Certainly not for me to judge.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Anybody who thinks that Family Radio is in it for the money is ignorant. There has not been a single time in Harold Camping's videos in the past 2 weeks that he asked for donations. He really believes that "this is going to happen" and is doing everything he can via advertising and speaking to spread the word. Simply put, if nothing happens on the 21st, Family Radio is done.

I agree. Anyone who has donated, has done it of their free will. It's certainly not the only church in the world to have money. For the OP to state this is "evil" is in my opinion, ridiculous. It's no more evil or outlandish as those making the December 2012 predictions. You are right about money being the least of his worries if nothing happens. I don't personally know this man, and I assume the OP doesn't either. Maybe god did tell him something. Who knows? Certainly not for me to judge.

Another gullible person
Don't you realise how much money this group has made. Do you think he cares about peole who have given them their last bit of money? Do you think he will give it back when nothing happens, no, he will not!

Plan and simple, he is doing it for money. If he was so confident that this was going to happen, then why didn't he give his fortune away to prove it? Why didn't he give his house away? Its all aload of rubbish and he is taking advantage ofpooe,scared, gullible people (and there is a lot out there)

If you are religioius, and you actually think this man has done nothing wrong, then you basically proves my point about how many gullible people thereare out there to make money from

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

FALSE. mere opinion and ignorant observation.

Actually, it's a very astute observation.

churches ' outside ' the catholic church are supported by the church goers. they are like a family and they give to support and provide for the church to the Glory of GOD.

Aahh, so your church is better than theirs because...?

They're like a family? Please, you guys talk behind each others backs like there is no tomorrow. Besides that, you're ALL SCARED and that is why you feel the need to come together and make those fears go away for a little while.

sure there are a few churches where they are all for the money.. but the majority are spiritually driven to honor feed the sheep of the fold and give Glory to GOD.

are you going to snap when you figure it out or what

And if you didn't understand any of the above let me clarify:

Your holier-than-thou attitude stinks. Most of you holier-than-thou types have some really nasty secrets to hide, like child pornography, women-beating, domestic violence, you know, all kinds of oppression inside those four walls where you can be the animal you are and not the holy man you portray yourself as outside of those walls.

My guess is that you people are scared because of these secrets and hence you pray for salvation. What I find offensive is that you have to project these fears onto other people, therefore claiming that other people - like yourself - also need this salvation, because otherwise they will end up in a place that you fear!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris

Originally posted by maybee

Another gullible person
Don't you realise how much money this group has made. Do you think he cares about peole who have given them their last bit of money? Do you think he will give it back when nothing happens, no, he will not!

Plan and simple, he is doing it for money. If he was so confident that this was going to happen, then why didn't he give his fortune away to prove it? Why didn't he give his house away? Its all aload of rubbish and he is taking advantage ofpooe,scared, gullible people (and there is a lot out there)

If you are religioius, and you actually think this man has done nothing wrong, then you basically proves my point about how many gullible people thereare out there to make money from

OK, first let me say...
That being said, I do consider myself a christian, though not necessarily religious. I'm just saying that his is not the first church to have money and his prediction is IMO no more evil than others including 2012 stuff. I'm pretty sure nothing is going to happen, but as I said in my post, I don't know this man, have never been to his church and am not his bookkeeper, so I'm just saying... who knows? Just that. Who knows? BTW just messing with ya with the
- Have a good day or evening depending where you are in the world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

First off, if you are a christian, then you would realise that this man is talking crap because in the bible it clearly states that only god himself knows when jesus will return. So, here we have a man, who has made millions . Its not thousands, millions. How much do you think this man made during the build up alone to this lie. Why is it with these horrible people, there is always money involvd, even when its the end of the world.

Yes, it annoys the hell out of me when people fall for this crap, but it annoys me more that this man can get away with it. Like i said before. If he was so sure the world was going to end, then why was he taking donations? why didn't he give his fortune away? why didn't he give his house away? Well, thats because he knew this was not going to happen.

But at the end of the day, he may look stupid, but he is the one with the millions and can do what he wants with his life, so why should he care.

If you can't see that this is all about money, then you never will.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

What You do not understand is that he does not have to ask for the donations. He knows he will get them . If somebody is trained in reading peoples behaviors he/she can manipulate people without actually telling them what to do. I should know , I had it in school, and we practiced on people

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by maybee

First off, if you are a christian, then you would realise that this man is talking crap because in the bible it clearly states that only god himself knows when jesus will return. So, here we have a man, who has made millions . Its not thousands, millions. How much do you think this man made during the build up alone to this lie. Why is it with these horrible people, there is always money involvd, even when its the end of the world.

Yes, it annoys the hell out of me when people fall for this crap, but it annoys me more that this man can get away with it. Like i said before. If he was so sure the world was going to end, then why was he taking donations? why didn't he give his fortune away? why didn't he give his house away? Well, thats because he knew this was not going to happen.

But at the end of the day, he may look stupid, but he is the one with the millions and can do what he wants with his life, so why should he care.

If you can't see that this is all about money, then you never will.

Point taken... By the way, I don't think anything is going to happen today and never said I did, I just said, I don't know. I'm sure just the usual Saturday stuff for me anyways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join