It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just invented a new word

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ok so I'm bored at work but also more than that. I feel something I can't quite explain, it's a mixture or boredom apathy lack of motivation and a pinch of dissolutionment. So I figured I need a word to label this feeling. And word is Lnorxed. As in I'm too Lnorxed Or too busy Lnorxing.

How it would look in a sentence?
"Jeez buddy! Your looking a bit Lnorxed."
Or
"if all your going to do is Lnorx all day, you might as well go home"
Or
"I'm too Lnorxed for this *snip*

Lol I need to get out of this job. I have waaay too much time on my hands.

edit on Wed, 01 Jun 2011 21:28:35 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
"dissolutionment" is a new one on me, too.

(making up words is one of my favorite pastimes. mainly by smushing together other words)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Its good window dressing for "depression", no doubt.

edit - though Lnorxed could be "depressed" but only in a certain circumstance during the day... whereas depressed is more of an overall state of being.
edit on 20-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Maybe you could be the next Shakespeare because he apparently made up a large amount of words that have become a part of modern English.

10 Words and Phrases You Won't Believe Shakespeare Invented

www.cracked.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Sorry, but that's not crescent fresh....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
"dissolutionment" is a new one on me, too.

(making up words is one of my favorite pastimes. mainly by smushing together other words)

Lol yeah it's good to pass the time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Lmao that's awesome.
Your right that nobody would have guessed that he made those words up.
I mean worm-hole? Holy crap they didn't even have particle physics back then.
Although I read somewhere that sir francis bacon was the actual author of all the Plays attributed to shakespear. And he was also the guy that created the Scottish rites of freemasonry. Go figure.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
He tries to make words, but, doesn't expect.
That, making new words, shows a lack of respect, so
He's not crescent fresh
Not cress I con-fess

He's bored of his life, and, cannot explain
The, feeling inside, most label as pain, and
He's not crescent fresh
But he tries his best

He, wants to be cress, but still be paid
I really think, he, needs to get laid
Then he'd be so cress
More cress than the rest

Heh heh sorry this thread just made me think of crescent fresh for some reason, if you have no idea what I'm talking about:

Crescent Fresh

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Huh? It was a joke man. Sounds to me like your the one trying hard. Anyway good luck with that.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Huh? It was a joke man. Sounds to me like your the one trying hard. Anyway good luck with that.

Hey sorry man I was just joking around as well.... if you watched the video I linked to you would have seen what I was doing. I guess it's an epic fail on my behalf

Wasn't trying to offend you at all, it was a completely silly post incorporating what you were talking about in your OP with the "Crescent Fresh" song from a TV show, no harm intended!

Sorry again dude!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Nah man it's all good. Just a misunderstanding no harm done.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's funny, there are so many times I use words in writing, and learn from spellchecker that they're not real words.

For example, I thought agasp was a word. Such as, "Whenever I read Jane Eyre, I find myself agasp while reading the terrible events that happen to her." I think I might have confused it with the word aghast.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaberz
It's funny, there are so many times I use words in writing, and learn from spellchecker that they're not real words.

For example, I thought agasp was a word. Such as, "Whenever I read Jane Eyre, I find myself agasp while reading the terrible events that happen to her." I think I might have confused it with the word aghast.

lol i thought agasp was a word too!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by Xaberz

lol i thought agasp was a word too!!

Wow at least I'm not the only one! If I think of any other words I thought were real, I'll post them here.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaberz

yeah cool. be interesting to see what other word i think are real that are actually not dictionary defined.

new topics

top topics

join