It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Info Revealed by Japanese Government and Plant Operator: No. 1 Reactor Nearly Complete Meltdown!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Officials said the fuel in reactors number 2 and 3 was also exposed to the air and might have largely melted too.

Within 16 hours most of the fuel in reactor 1 had melted to the floor of the pressurised chamber housing the reactor, creating a hole that allowed 3,000 tonnes of contaminated water to leak into the basement of the building.

In recent days the plant's operator has revealed that the damage sustained by the reactors immediately after the magnitude-9.0 earthquake and tsunami was far more severe than initially thought.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Surprise, it was worse than they thought. The scariest part of the article is that "The discovery has forced Tepco to abandon a plan to flood the reactors to cool them in a process known as "water entombment"."

This news from BBC is from the 17th, but I couldn't find it on here.

I know how it seems like no one cares and everyone is ignoring the ongoing nuclear crisis but I know most of ATS is very aware that this is much worse than is reported.[edit by]edit on 5/20/2011 by Overtime because: additional information[/edit by][edits by]edit on 5/20/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)[/edits by]
edit on 5/20/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i'll be honest i haven't been following it cause i figured it was out of my hands. How many are in meltdown now?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
This news from BBC is from the 17th, but I couldn't find it on here.

This thread is the one you're looking for...
TEPCO admits nuclear meltdown occurred at Fukushima reactor 16 hours after quake

...but also mentioned in many other Fukushima threads.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

My apologies, man whats the deal with that thread not showing in the new threads of Disaster in Japan? I checked that after searching

edit: it's there I didn't look hard enough.
edit on 5/20/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join