It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Yeah it all is complete BS and speaking of getting the facts straight... He said the rapture would begin on may 21 2011 and the end of the world would come months later maybe in october or november he never said that may 21 the entire world would explode which the media highly suggest

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

fortunately I dont have cable anymore I`m asuming the laim streem media is painting this as ALL Christains believe this . ILike I said in a related post come monday the media will take this as yet another oppertunaty to luagh at all Christians and through all Christains into the same lot as some fringe group .
edit on 21-5-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It sure is amazing how this thing spread. It looks like end times is on a lot of peoples minds. The sooner the better I think. I am tired of this world anyhow. Something needs to be done about all the problems this world is facing. Just to see the look on everyone's faces would make it worth it. Could you imagine? The real leaders of this world getting what is coming to them. It would be awesome.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Can someone tell me how the people who believe in this may 21st date ignore everything else the bible says? i just don'[t get it really.
Im not a religious person myself but if i was i would at least follow my own religions scripture.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Oh Eric, He did say something about a Flood and an Earthquake.. we are under flood warning and the River is already over flowing, I so pray we don't have a quake tomorrow, Oh, it is 1:07am, well, today then. He would swear he was right. He will probably take all that money and disappear, the only one taken in his rapture.

I am saying my prayers tonight.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazKid270

Excellent post. Thx for the link.

What if he does disappear? With all the money in tote! lol. That would be the scam of the ages.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
reply to post by Jobeycool

No no I understand. Have a nice night

You to..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
What would be crazy is if an earthquake happens anyways on the same day lol.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion1

It isn't "amazing" this story spread. This is a church with a value of something stupid, 70+ million(?). The advertisements placed here in Los Angeles were creepy and strategically placed with little costs spared. The leader has made several appearances on local and national radio. They have an equally creepy radio commercial that has played on at least a couple of LA's largest TALK-radio channels.

That's not luck or amazing or anything other than one thing.. That's called having some cheddar, $$$. And it doesn't hurt that Hollywood isn't releasing anything worth seeing this weekend. The only other thing in the news is politics... which is George Orwell enough...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This is pure media propaganda. Lets focus on the nutty Christians and not the good ones.
Have you ever seen an intelligent Christian on telly. If so it is rare. They don't talk about the fact that Christians do more charity work than any other group. The truth is if you took away Christianity and the work they do this world would be a hell of a lot worse.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I don't know why anyone is giving this guy the time of day. He already made this same prediction for 1994.
I wish people would actually use their brains,

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Religious lunatics are the bane of the Earth be they Muslim, Christian or Hindu. Ridiculous. off with their heads

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dezero

In all fairness I don't think one small lunatic personality based cult is going to change 99.9% of peoples opinion of christians whether that be good or bad.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

When the sun rises on the 22nd, hopefully Harold Camping's ego be small enough to crucify on a couple of match sticks. Ronald Mac Donald has more creds.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV

When the sun rises on the 22nd, hopefully Harold Camping's ego be small enough to crucify on a couple of match sticks. Ronald Mac Donald has more creds.

As has already been posted on other threads, he has an obvious fallback position, it will be that through his and his followers efforts and so on he will have caused God to put a brake on things temporarily.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I would say that anyone that believes in the teachings of the christ could call themselves christian

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
OP you make this post to call that man and his "prophecies" BS? Yet you also believe in this "being" in the sky? (religion)

A crazy person mocking some other crazy person go figure.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by gabby2011

1.) Religion, all of them affect this world negatively in many ways. They push their crazy beliefs on non believers lives, in school and in government. Our schools are being overrun with creationist beliefs and even when you fight the idea of that, your dealing with creationist school boards. People that think evolution is a myth, to me, shows how ignorant they truly are.

2.) For some reason we can question ideas in lives, that is what helps us advance, but, for some reason religious people think that they shouldn't be questioned, because the idea of a white man in the sky is perfectly acceptable.

3.) I have zero tolerance for religion and think most religious people are ignorant. Christians at the moment are supporting child molestations and raping of women. That's hurting someone.

4.) They should be shut down, religion should be abolished, it is a mere shadow of it's former self, and although people will say it teaches positive ideals, god kills 2 million people in the bible, and the creation story itself is showing that god is against people having knowledge. The devil, you know that bad guy, is the one who told Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, yet he gets the bad wrap. Also, the devil only killed 5 people in the bible.

5 versus 2 million. God sounds like a great guy.

Pred...

I've never in my life seen a Christian spew such hateful, venomous bile in my life; that seems to be the exclusive domain of Atheists such as yourself. This Camping character is a nutjob sure, but you are painting ALL Christians, and people of other faiths, with a VERY wide and inaccurate brush. I'll take your assertions apart one at a time:

1. There is a thing called "Separation of Church and State" in the US. A simple prayer is not allowed in schools anymore as they were when I grew up. Schools these days are taking special pains to expunge religion from not only the schools, but the textbooks as well. Your claim that ANY school board is "Creationist" in any way is patently absurd.

1.1. I won't speak for other religions, but Christianity is the largest provider of food for the hungry, shelter for the homeless, and medical care for those who would otherwise die. Just by way of example, Christian charities around the world provided twice as much aid to the Muslim victims of the Boxing Day tsunami than did the world's governments; and TEN times as much as other Muslim countries around the world. Iran donated a whole $67,000 to tsunami relief; Christian charities provided BILLIONS.

2. Anyone with a brain realizes that Jesus was a Jew; olive-skinned and dark-haired. Depictions of a "old white guy in the sky" went out of vogue in the Middle Ages.

3. I think you're just insane. No Christian I know supports the rape of women or child molestations. If you're talking about the Catholic Church in re. child molestations, I can guarantee that while it has happened, it is not supported or encouraged - it is punished. When it has happened, and covered up, it is such a horrible betrayal of a priest's position of trust that it gets a lot more attention than the rapes and molestations committed by those influenced by Satan; but I guarantee you that the incidences are statistically insignificant when compared to similar crimes committed by those with no religious affiliation.

4. First, I'd like to know where you got this "2 million" number. Did you count them all? Did you read the Bible and attribute every single death to The Almighty? And the Devil is a coward; he NEVER does his own dirty work. Al he does is lead people away from God, and when humans are separated from The Lord they lose whatever spirituality they have and revert to what they are - animals. If you were to HONESTLY count up those the Devil has led astray and subsequently damned - you'll arrive at a figure in the BILLIONS. God on the other hand is "not willing that ANY should perish."

4.1) God isn't against people having knowledge, He is against people having knowledge they aren't ready for. No responsible Father, which I believe God to be, is going to put His children in a position where they are in over their head. Adam and Eve were spiritual children who were not ready to "become like The Most High." It's the same thing as not giving a 3-year-old a loaded gun.

The Devil is a liar. He rebelled against The Almighty and LOST. He's also a petulant child who wants to hurt God in the only way he can, which is to lead His children into damnation; and he uses people like you to do his dirty work. How does it feel to be used like that? I don't think that you will like the reward that your "good guy" Satan will give you for all of your faithful service.

You need to get on your knees my friend, and reflect on why it is that you have such hatred towards people who have never done a thing to you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I just seen zombies running around in my neighborhood what should i do?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

the entire world would explode

why do so many people say this. it is just stupid

1st. the world is consciousness not a place a physical thing. its people. you and me. = world.
2ndly. if you mean "the earth would explode". thats just nonsense aswell. because the mass of the earth.
every particle would have to be blown so far away from every other particle. in order to stop it all just bunching back together.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join